First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would also like to say that i mean nothing negative to any bronco enthusiast by this post. I do feel for those that have not gotten theirs yet, and i'm sorry. i realize i am the lucky one and have turned my back on that. however, at the time i put my money on one i didn't need a new truck. about a month later i had to buy a new truck, so i just thought this would be a good way to help my family once i saw what was going on with them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rest assured if the dealer has any evidence that you may have tried to sell to an exporter Ford will 100% back them.
The dealer is completely fine with me making money on the transaction, they're worried about the export (rightfully so). but there's no evidence of that.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My dad taught me "the first one to talk always loses", should have stayed quiet (including listing it on ebay), until it was in hand. Can't feel sorry for you on this. Just look at it as a learning opportunity.

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer is completely fine with me making money on the transaction, they're worried about the export (rightfully so). but there's no evidence of that.
They have to be. It’s a big market. They may have gotten flack from the manufacturer in the past for dealing with an exporter.

You just happened to get caught up in it.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet whatever the language is of the export prohibition the dealer must abide by includes the phrase “or knowingly allows”… and they’re trying to protect themselves.

Op. Reassure them you will take delivery and you super duper promise doubly pinky swear not to export it or sell it to someone who you know will.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet whatever the language is of the export prohibition the dealer must abide by includes the phrase “or knowingly”… and they’re trying to protect themselves.

Op. Reassure them you will take delivery and you super duper promise doubly pinky swear not to export it or sell it to someone who you know will.
HAHA I'm pretty sure a pinky swear is a binding contract. i might try that.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait...you're upset that the dealer won't sell you a Bronco that currently belongs to them, because you want to turn around and sell it yourself to make money? :ROFLMAO:
I take it you didn’t read the whole post he already sighned the dotted line and payed money it’s his bronco

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove by a dealership that had a demo on their lot, he said the smart thing to do is sell it now and next year go buy one with the proceeds. The vehicle was supposed to be delivered to me that friday and i postponed it until monday which the dealer seemed to like because it was on their showroom all weekend. And i had no intentions of flipping it when i bought it. Its killing me that i can't drive (and deservedly so) but when you have a chance to make money when you want a garage or just be able to take your family on a vacation, it's nothing more than a business deal.
I suppose that's true. You just came in hot and in panic mode to a group of people that are feeling less and less pity or understanding for others getting Broncos they are not keeping. Pretty much everyone universally dislikes the dealership games. At the end of the day you need to do what's right for your family. I'm sure if you actually went in and talked with them they would probably be more willing to sell. Messaging is too easy to ignore or be nasty because there isn't another human being staring at you.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 f250 superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose that's true. You just came in hot and in panic mode to a group of people that are feeling less and less pity or understanding for others getting Broncos they are not keeping. Pretty much everyone universally dislikes the dealership games. At the end of the day you need to do what's right for your family. I'm sure if you actually went in and talked with them they would probably be more willing to sell. Messaging is too easy to ignore or be nasty because there isn't another human being staring at you.
I agree with the messages. and thank you for seeing that i just want to help my family. I lost everything in 2015 except my family. Our family business was run in the ground by me and lack of coal production in the area. I finally have a better job and just want the best for my family who was there for me when i was at my lowest. no im not trying to start a pity party for myself. i just want people to know that there's ups and downs and sometimes you have to do what you can.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure they know you’re going to register the thing. They don’t want to get charged back the holdback.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the dealer thinks you are selling it to an exporter, they may have good reason to not sell it to you. I'm not certain, but there are dealer agreements between the dealer and certain OEMs that they will not sell to exporters. If they do knowingly sell it to an exporter, there can be extreme fines imposed by the OEM. I don't know that Ford does this specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised.
If this Bronco ends up in another country in a few weeks and Ford finds out the dealer is going to get in a lot of trouble. It's why my dealer won't do business with wholesalers.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks to me like it's not really your Bronco. Also appears to me that you sold something that you now can't provide.

Sucks to be you. 🤷‍♂️
In case he didnt get the message.
######
WE DON'T CARE THAT YOU CAN'T FLIP YOUR BRONCO.
Tough nuggets, wrong forum for bitching about that. People here actually want to keep their bronco and have no sympathy for your failed business proposition.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.