Sponsored

Dealer wants $1400 for an install of $80 leveling kit.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I remember seeing a video last week about over torqued lag bolts being hard to remove. And no replacement lags available.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They told me my 3 year bumper to number will be voided if I go somewhere else
Heā€™s lying. This is common and has been covered many times. He canā€™t void your warranty because of a mod, to include a lift.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're full of it, find another dealer better yet find a shop that'll do it for you. I had mine done (RC 2.5" level) for $273.00 which also included the alignment. My local Brakes Plus did it but the manager there a big into off roading and has done a lot of work for some of my Jeep buddies. At that price it wasn't worth my time messing around with it especially in this heat.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another fine example of a Ford dealerā€˜s lack of integrity. I take a copy of that quote and posted everywhere I could . Iā€™d make sure the dealer knew it also. You are a kind person.
I ordered the kit from 4wp, Iā€™m going to either attempt it myself or carry it to a local shop! Iā€™ve had trouble with this dealer since the salesman screwed up the wheels on my bronco order, now they continue to be dick heads! Thanks

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the kit from 4wp, Iā€™m going to either attempt it myself or carry it to a local shop! Iā€™ve had trouble with this dealer since the salesman screwed up the wheels on my bronco order, now they continue to be dick heads! Thanks
The up side to having a shop do it is you donā€™t have to worry if something goes wrong and ...you have a receipt to show that you had the work done by a professional shop if there is a problem down the line . YES ...your dealer sucks. maybe you could call Ford about it I know it doesnā€™t help but i donā€™t know how many people have to complain about a dealer before Ford would do anything. Good luck with your Bronco šŸ‘

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because it "fits" doesn't mean it's a good thing. Everyone else says no-go on a Badlands/Sasquatch due to bottom droop causing CV issues. Rough country could care less if you do tear up a CV. They know 97% of their sales will never see off-road droop.
If you do even moderate off-roading, even fast washboard dirt roads get a proper coil over lift. $1400 will be cheap compared to the damage you will eventually do... warranty or not.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Should I tell this user to look up the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act with the Federal Trade Commission or not? Normally I provide links and am really helpful with this, but it's been soooooooooooo many years where owners don't know their rights and protections....

Hmmmmmmm

Nah, will let @Thomas1984 look it up for himself. Teach a man how to build a boat so he can fish from it and all....

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That would be kind of embarrassing to do since the OP is Canadian. ;)
The Consumer Protection Acts in each province are the Canadian equivalent to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Oh snaps, turns out the OP doing ANY research based around the information I provided would lead him towards paydirt! But only if he lives in a Canadian province. I genuinely don't know if he was living near international waters if a province claims that territory or if it falls under some nationalistic poutine and mounty subcategory of national law....

Then again, if living in those waters, you probably needed different modifications to your Bronco than a leveling kit.

Please, NOBODY ask the OP to research ride quality after installing a leveling kit! Folks in Arizona will nix that as well!

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s finally a leveling kit available for a badlands from rough country, itā€™s only $80 Canadian, dealer said they have to install to stay covered under warranty. I donā€™t have a problem with that, but they want to charge me $1400, if I go somewhere else to install my warranty is voided I bailed.

That's an insane amount of labor for a simple install!

Unless that dealer is the only dealer in your area and thus your only source for warranty work I'd suggest basically interviewing other dealers. A friend who works in performance suggested talking to service advisors and finding ones who enjoy performance vehicles, they are less likely to report concerns in a way that will get warranty rejected.

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory warranty is valid at any ford dealer in north america. It is not dealer spacific. They are full of sh*t. When the dealer does warranty work they are paid directly by ford and they are usually happy to get the extra business when they didnt even sell you the vehicle.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The factory warranty is valid at any ford dealer in north america. It is not dealer spacific. They are full of sh*t. When the dealer does warranty work they are paid directly by ford and they are usually happy to get the extra business when they didnt even sell you the vehicle.

Dealer was probably referring to an independent shop.

As a former Ford mechanic, the dealership is always happy for business, the mechanics hate warranty work (most of the time). lol

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive it down to Bama... weā€™ll install it in my driveway... for free... then we can find some trails... šŸ˜‰
Sponsored