lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get it either... All I can think is that they have a low allocation and lots of orders
my dealer had 84 reservations and allotted 24 . The dealer seemed stress that he was going to have to tell 60 reservation holders they would not get there Bronco till 2022. The dealers also faced penalties of some type if they don't convert X percentage of reservations to orders not sure if this is still true , but could be a reason why some dealers are not upfront with the customer as they need them to place the order and keep in place to avoid a bad rating. I'm sure one of the dealers on here can provide better information on this than I, but my dealer seemed to be stressed about it the percentage that was expected by ford
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It almost doesn't matter how many allocations and where you fall. We've got 8 at my dealership. We've got 11 orders. A customer who put in a reservation on February 26th 2021 and got a build date before everyone else (though it's been moved a couple times), so if we were following what Ford said then that shouldn't have happened. But it did and it's upsetting to say the least.
Do you know the specs of the guys build who got pulled? Would be interesting to see if he had any constrained items or not. I am guess he was either a soft top or the dealerships priority build.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I were to be number 95 in my dealer's allocation was 80, and they had 30 people of the to 80 opt for 99 build status (waiting on tops, man-squatch whatever), that would put me at least second half of 2022. At least I would have an expectation. Of course my dealer would have close to half their allocation broncos that are soft tops to sell in 2021.
Someone correct me if I am wrong please.

If your dealer has 80 allocations, that’ means they are getting 80 Broncos in MY201, right ?

And you are number 95, but 30 people ahead of you voluntarily asked to be moved back a year. So you just moved up to number 65 of 80 allocations. CONGRATS DUDE !!! YOU ARE GETTING A 2021 !!!

teacher always said show your math. here you go…
95 - 30 = 65

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get it either... All I can think is that they have a low allocation and lots of orders
It roughly worked out like this:
Ford can only build roughly 30% of submitted orders for 2021. Therefore dealers allocations were typically in the 30% of their total orders as of (some given date).

To your point: What will suck is when ALL/Most of a dealers orders were day 1 or 2 reservations, 2/3 of them will theoretically have to wait until ...

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine won’t tell me either. All they say is “orders are being pulled from all over the reservation list and where I am on the list doesn't matter”.
Same. I can’t get a straight answer about this topic from my dealer. They just claim Ford isn’t telling them anything and they don’t know how scheduling is working.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your dealer has 80 allocations, that’ means they are getting 80 Broncos in MY201, right ?

And you are number 95, but 30 people ahead of you voluntarily asked to be moved back a year. So you just moved up to number 65 of 80 allocations. CONGRATS DUDE !!! YOU ARE GETTING A 2021 !!!

95 - 30 = 65
In theory..... that sounds correct.... in theory.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is doing the same thing.

He'll say we have about xx and your somewhere around xx, but refused to offer any specifics.

OP
OP
_bxt

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

95 - 30 = 65
Well in an alternate universe maybe, but my hard top, lux, 7spd manual and tow... And the letter from Ford says those 30 builds will be soft tops on the dealer lot, and I'll still be behind the 30 orders in status 99 for 2022

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

earlier in this post there was mention of priority codes. there was a mention of a 99 and a 19. what do the priority codes translate into? i have a priority code of 10. i was just guessing it was a standard private customer rather than something like a government customer or fleet customer. is my priority code of 10 good bad or indifferent?

IMG_6094.JPG

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m dealing with the same here in AZ: my dealer keeps ignoring my question. I asked early on about where I fall in their allocation via email. He never answered and he was uninformed back then. When I asked about the dealerships total allocations: “Well, I assume whatever amount of reservations we have is how many allocations we’ll receive”.

Emailed him this week and asked again. His response “This Bronco stuff has been a mess HA HA HA. Give me and call, it’s easier than explaining over email”.

I haven’t called him yet. That “HA HA HA” didn’t really build up a lot of confidence

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
AZ dealerships are... less than great at customer service or communication.

Was at San Tan, but I couldn't get them to actually commit in ANY communication "no dealer add-ons" and they always feel sleazy so I switched.
Last I heard San Tan has 160 allocations and around 480 orders.

Switched to Ernhardt (where I though I was treated fairly on an F-150). They have 116 allocations and I am "somewhere around 450".

Rob Horne has just under 50 allocations as one would expect of a tiny dealership.

Don't know about any of the others.

OP
OP
_bxt

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not trying to call out my Dealership because they have been fantastic in every other regard, and, honestly, there's no playbook for this. However, much like the calls for Ford to be upfront and honest, I think their customers would be better served by an honest assessment of when they, customers, could likely expect custom builds.

If they are keeping customers in the dark, having those with unrealistic hopes keep their builds, it may be about their potential windfall here. By limiting the number of orders that end up switching to soft tops, in order to get more soft tops on their lot this winter, well... when customers aren't in the 2022 allocation, there will be an uproar.

I so much want the 2-door, but at the same time, I'd like to be driving a Bronco for 12-18 months instead of waiting on a pipe dream. I may switch after the 2-door vin reveal next week.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you know the specs of the guys build who got pulled? Would be interesting to see if he had any constrained items or not. I am guess he was either a soft top or the dealerships priority build.

He wasn't a priority build. His Code is still a 19. He's got an Outer Banks with High Package and the 2.3. Soft Top. So He missed all the big constraints.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are usually really nice.
800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)
Two things.

1. That’s not the Bronco number. You need the Ford Marketing Dept. It’s: (800) 334-4375

2. They can’t see or don’t share dealer specific or even order specific info. Their bread and butter was the reservation stage. One it’s converted to a dealer order, the dealership is supposed to assume all responsibility. They are the one that you negotiated with, and will be providing the service, and Ford corporate doesn’t want to get in the middle of that.

(This is even more important for other models where dealer decisions on priority codes do matter, and customers don’t always know about it.)

earlier in this post there was mention of priority codes. there was a mention of a 99 and a 19. what do the priority codes translate into? i have a priority code of 10. i was just guessing it was a standard private customer rather than something like a government customer or fleet customer. is my priority code of 10 good bad or indifferent?

IMG_6094.JPG
Indifferent.

Normally a dealership can select 10-19 to rank/prioritize their customer orders to influence what gets delivered first.

In the case of the Bronco, Ford has removed the ability for a dealership to rank all of the reservations however they want, and instead, Ford is ranking them by reservation timestamp.

Practically speaking, it means that a dealership can still put whatever number they want from 10-19 in the priority field, but Ford is ignoring it altogether.

(the exceptions are 99, which is a “do not build” code… a way that a dealership can input a draft order for a customer before submitting it, and a “priority” build, which was a way for a dealership to tell Ford a specific reservation they wanted to be pushed to the front of the line… total priority builds amounted to about 1 week of bronco production… so there’s no reason to get alarmed, as the practical impact on people like you and me was null. Our Broncos will likely be delivered on the same truck even though a single person got moved ahead… and if that person was before you in line already, then it doesn’t matter at all… it’s like a line of 100 people waiting to get on 4 busses that can carry 25 people each. If you move a single person in that line to the very front, it’s potentially a huge difference for them, but probably no difference for you.)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft top is most likely why he got pulled. The dealership where my res is at has had several soft tops that were very deep on their timestamp list, and seemingly way out of allocation possibility, have their builds pulled.
Sponsored