Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Farley has been talking about direct sales from the manufacturer in the future ordering online. We all ordered a Bronco with out seeing or driving it, so who needs a dealer. All we will need is service centres until EVs dominate the planet.
He can talk about direct sales all he wants, but this whole reservation/allocation fiasco demonstrates that he doesn't even understand the concept.
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is not new, and not enforced from what I can see. Plus, now we are talking 2022 brooks and that 80% name mach has been changed to help the dealers and hurt reservation holders. Its now 60% name match.

One of the dealer 32 miles from me, Had a FE 4 door Hard top. Reservation holder has a case against them, because even though he had his DORA and signed deal at MSRP the dealer would not sell it for less then 20K over. In fact Monday it was on the lot for 93K......

I'll not mention names as their is an open lawsuit.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing will change and no one will be 'held responsible'. Folks need to move past it. Us early res folks that have no VIN will either drop, roll the dice at a different dealer, or stay the course. No one cares if we wait or drop. No one.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They can say all they want but even like most laws the problem is enforcement and political will to follow thru.

Ford and unscrupulous dealers are running a train on end users of the product (and those good dealers getting treated the same us end users). Each is taking a turn apologizing to our face while the other goes at it again.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just here to say, you spelled "held" wrong in the title and it's really bothering me. Please fix it. Merry Christmas!

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll stay cautiously optimistic that this will eventually help the honest and deter the dishonest, if this is being enforced.

I'm a Granger order holder and found out my place in line recently, and at the current best case scenario, I'm a late '23. (2-Dr Badlands, 2.7, High pkg)

I've contemplated putting my exact order in at another larger Dealer, but I'd rather not 'clog' the system with another dummy order to see which gets built first.

I'm currently exploring other options, after urging from friends, co-workers & family, and if I can find a build that's 90% my current build (has to be 2.7) that's been abandoned/refused and the Dealer isn't pulling any ADM b.s, I'm going to pull the trigger.

I'm patient, but the mere fact I'm quite possibly looking at a worst case scenario of early '24 for my actual build.

I doubt it'll happen.
I don’t think the dealership knows which customer’s bronco is going into production when. I think ford sets parameters for each week’s build and if you’re in the queue and your bronco matches what they’re building, you get in the production line. My “your bronco is in production” email came 8 days after my dealer submitted my 22 build. They were as surprised as I was when I told them the letter came. You could easily be a 22 production. I have the 2.7 too but I removed all other items that were constrained and I think that helped.

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if a class action lawsuit would get any traction in putting a stop to this practice? At a minimum, there needs to be some uniform disclosure regulation in regards to pricing changes on direct customer orders that dealers should have to follow.

I can't think of any product or service where these types of shenanigans are allowed.

How Ford is allowing dealers to sully their brand is just mindboggling.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ADM is everywhere. It just sucks more on the Bronco because buyers were duped into thinking they had price protection...BY FORD...NOT by the dealer network. Price Protection going bye bye is 100% on FORD. Maybe Ford will slap a few dealers on the wrist after the fact, but the buyers who are getting effed are still going to get effed. If you lose your Bronco, do you really give a rip if Ford...pulls a Psaki...and "Circles Back" to reduce that dealers allocation in future months? Meh...I guess it's some justice...but not much.
“Pulls a Psaki”!!! 🤣😂🤣

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can say all they want but even like most laws the problem is enforcement and political will to follow thru.

Ford and unscrupulous dealers are running a train on end users of the product (and those good dealers getting treated the same us end users). Each is taking a turn apologizing to our face while the other goes at it again.
I have yet to see an actual apology from Ford, I have seen them blame suppliers (and announce Ford was the actual victim), but I have yet to see anything but a non-apology apology from Ford (Levine blaming and berating people to for picking 'the wrong dealer' and mockingly telling them to transfer (when it appears to not be possible) is what sticks in my mind the most about Ford's internal feelings on the reservations. The closest they came was acknowledging that we didn't care about Ford's mistakes with choosing suppliers, we just wanted a Bronco. No apology ever though. Very arrogant of them to my way of thinking.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
he expects me to put my own nitrogen in the tires, etch my own glass, and apply an ugly pinstripe in my free time?! I will bid you good day, Sir.
Funniest comment ever!!! 🤣

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have yet to see an actual apology from Ford, I have seen them blame suppliers (and announce Ford was the actual victim), but I have yet to see anything but a non-apology apology from Ford (Levine blaming and berating people to for picking 'the wrong dealer' and mockingly telling them to transfer (when it appears to not be possible) is what sticks in my mind the most about Ford's internal feelings on the reservations. The closest they came was acknowledging that we didn't care about Ford's mistakes with choosing suppliers, we just wanted a Bronco. No apology ever though. Very arrogant of them to my way of thinking.
Yeah, apology is probably not the right word. A better one might be lip service or deflection...I see this "hold dealers accountable" as a PR apology in the way they are "addressing" and issue and making it "better" but actually not doing anything. This is where the PR falls apart as the next step should be updates and proof of change/accountability. To your point Ford has not done anything beyond deflect.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base