First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, mainly I’ve been living in courtrooms for the past two decades. Waiting for a car to arrive doesn’t cost you any money. So nothing to compensate you for and therefore no damages. You’ll be able to find another comparable vehicle somewhere at the same price eventually, so you won’t be out any money, so again, no damages. Not sure what else you think a judge is going to do if damages don’t apply. No, a dealership doesn’t want to spend any money on litigating this, but they know you don’t want to either, so your threat will be ineffective, especially if you start talking about “emotional suffering,” which will make it clear to them that you don’t know much about civil lawsuits.

Anyway, I’m signing out of this back-and-forth. I hope no one’s dealership screws them, and if they do, that they are subjected to maximum public shame.
Once again, not arguing issues in front of the Supreme Court. If you your dealer tries to screw you out of your Bronco there is a lawyer out there that can make them wish they just sold to you instead of a bunch of legal crap. That's my only point. Probably cost you 3k to 5k. Cost them the same. So those of you reading... AgentKooper who makes a living... living in a court room.... Because two parties disagree knows all about it.
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordering the Bronco and hoping the pricing holds up is like buying a new house that has yet to be built. Although the price that both buyer and builder have agreed upon is more of a gentlemen’s agreement, some builders have an escalation clause built into the agreement that allows pricing adjustments, such as what has occurred with the recent spike in wood costs that have increased the cost of construction by 10’s of thousands of dollars. Other reputable builders who did not have any escalation clause in the construction agreement simply cancelled the agreement, quit working on the house, and returned the deposit back to the buyer, leaving them in the lurch to find another house in this crazy housing market. As another said, there are no damages to file suit over and the pricing difference being litigated is so small, attorneys won’t even take a case such as this and could refer the plaintiff to small claims court where the rules are different. The dealer I am using has specifically put into writing the dealer’s duties of the order process to include pricing no higher than MSRP, & no adding of dealer spiffs that add to the dealer profit, such as fabric protection, Lo-Jack, etc. and that the buyer is serious about completing the purchase & picking up the vehicle in a timely fashion when delivered. All of this has been done via email with no e- signatures or deposits and just a reply of agreement. All of this has to be accomplished with a great deal of trust to make it work. As we have read, there are some dealers who aren’t trustworthy, just as exists with any other business entity that works with the individual consumer

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The talk about contracts law reminds me of my Contracts prof in law school. Brilliant man but had only practiced law for about two years, which was about thirty years before I had his class. Pure academic with no real-world experience. He used a hypothetical about buying a “Jag-u-AH” car (he had one in real life, so he used Jaguars in lots of hypothetical examples). All his teachings on Contract law were sound, but in the real world, nobody is suing because a dealer added fees to a total. Broncos are in demand and special-ordered, but they aren’t unique, and damages would be hard to state. Nobody is taking it to the state Supreme Court so it will end up taught in law school. They just buy another car, or pay the extra.

If practicing law were really all about the academics of the law, it would be a lot more fun.

Lilmule

Base
First Name
Dan Follett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx, 2001 Jeep xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bigger question- With certain vehicles including the bronco, is it even necessary to have a dealer (middle man)? They sell themselves.

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bigger question- With certain vehicles including the bronco, is it even necessary to have a dealer (middle man)? They sell themselves.
I'm sure there are a lot of logistics we don't know about, but to me the dealer is the middle man. We all reserved and built our Broncos on our own, so for what seems like about 5 mins of work it took them to convert the reservation to an order they made a substantial amount of money if they sell at MSRP. I think anything more than that is just greed. Now, if they were given units by Ford, then hey go for it and charge what you want, but trying to screw over reservation holders is not cool. Like I said, if my dealer tries to go over MSRP Ford will forever lose a customer and I'll go buy a different SUV (even if it's 2 years down the road when things are crazy and lots aren't empty).

I can assure you if the dealer pulls some shady business, they will lose more than they ever made with a stupid mark up by word of mouth.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Recently I was informed by my dealer that they were changing a policy to charge “market value” rather than MSRP. I specifically went with this dealer because they originally promised they wouldn’t up charge the bronco and would only charge MSRP. Of course they made this change and informed order holders after the deadline to change dealers. Anyone else being faced with this issue? Several legal issues come to mind with this tactic not to mention consumer protection issues.
Social media is a powerful weapon for any consumer facing brand, including dealerships. If they promise MSRP as bait and then switch to 'market value' you could make a social media case that would cost them and their reputation dearly.

I would start off with a kind email to them acknowledging their initial claim to offer MSRP- see what they respond with. If in fact they make reference to changing their mind, there is your evidence to proceed with any further counsel.

Shame how a few dealers out there give other dealerships that are ethical a bad name. TRUST NO ONE> :)

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So 14 pages in, and the OP is nowhere to be found. I think this is fiction.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordering the Bronco and hoping the pricing holds up is like buying a new house that has yet to be built
But that's not what is being discussed. Ford has said they will guarantee the pricing for those who ordered before 3/19 (or somewhere in that ball park). This post was about the dealer marking the vehicle up for his own benefit because demand, not cost is up, in spite of initially agreeing on the MSRP. If Ford raised the MSRP, then the dealer is still holding his end of the bargain if he sells at the new MSRP. Not sure if this post is fact or fiction, but I would not be surprised by dealers doing this because of greed. My dealer included.....

OP
OP
tucker.stewart.tas
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So 14 pages in, and the OP is nowhere to be found. I think this is fiction.
Oh I’m still here. You must have missed a comment of mine in middle somewhere. I don’t want to out the dealer just yet to give them time to quietly change their mind. Once I out the dealer there is no resolving this amicably.

Sponsored

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer (Northern Virginia) is trying to pull the same thing.

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like the OP, I’m not going to out until I speak to the GM and see if they come to their senses. If it doesn’t get resolved - I’ll blast it everywhere and change my order to a manual with Sasquatch and modular top.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Like the OP, I’m not going to out until I speak to the GM and see if they come to their senses. If it doesn’t get resolved - I’ll blast it everywhere and change my order to a manual with Sasquatch and modular top.
Does the name start with T?