Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah and people bitch about line workers making too much. How about the top heads are capped at 250k and no bonuses until shit turns 180
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would point out: there is a distinction between a dealer as an independent company, and Ford itself.

That isn’t to say one or the other is blameless in all of this - just that they are two distinct entities. Ford has a lot of sway with what they can request of the dealers, and vice versa, but one cant directly force the other to really do anything they don’t want to do.

There are good dealers out there - just not mine.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do yourself a favor and check out the new top before they do anything. Countless times on here they come in damaged or defective.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also keep in mind that most people don't post about dealer experiences when they are happy - only when something has gone wrong.

There are good dealers out there. The only time I took my Base to the dealership (which has now changed ownership - so . . . ) I asked them when I should bring it. They said come in tomorrow and we'll fix you right up. And they did.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, I will not mention the name of the dealer. A friend referred me. I am not looking to bash them only rant and get feedback from others who may have had bad luck at the ford shop as well.

Fail #1

Was my very first time bringing my very first new vehicle to the manufacture dealership for service. Simple oil change and inspection. Six months after my purchase. what could go wrong? After I drove it for a day, I smelled oil burning from the engine compartment. Drove it home, opened the hood and found the oil cap sitting next to the hood latch. "seriously" I thought with anger! Cherry popped! ouch

(I will add a pic asap...it was a complete mess)

I called the service advisor and was told they would clean it up for me sorry for the trouble. Needless to say, I gave them a bad service review as I was angry for the stupid mistake. The next day I had to take the time to go back for something I could have done myself better (I did after I got the Bronco home) Pressure wash everything to hell but not clean up the oil left from the cap near the hood latch. I looked over what they had done and said goodbye. The advisor took note of my review and said they will delete it and give me a free future oil change to compensate. That was how I left it.

Until now!

Fail #2
I had a leak in my hard top around x-mas time and was told by same advisor, to wait until after the holidays. I waited and then made an appointment to drop the Bronco off. I drove to the Shop and left it with the dealer for an inspection that could last for a few days on the 9th of this month. I got a rental from them thinking it was only a few days. A few days went by, and I was told the tech was out so it would take longer. A week went by before I was told it failed inspection and they "could order the top (vs ordering it after looking at the cracks in it on the service drive) I was told the parts were on order and it would be completed on Thursday (yesterday). I was texted that the top did not come in but hopefully tomorrow (today). The top came in today. Too bad the tech is out sick again! Now I have to wait until Monday to see if the tech show up or not. Do they not have one other tech to handle a hard top? I could do it with some help.

Here is a post for pics...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hard-top-roof-water-leak.58041/post-2124476

Is it just me or has anyone else had poor luck with ford dealers???
IMG_20231021_070948_582.jpg
Good morning. Please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the dealer you are working with and I will see what I can do to assist with your hard top repairs!

Sponsored
OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do yourself a favor and check out the new top before they do anything. Countless times on here they come in damaged or defective.
I will take a video of it
Good morning. Please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the dealer you are working with and I will see what I can do to assist with your hard top repairs!
I am waiting for a call from the advisor to see if it will be done today. If I am told its going to be much longer, I will contact you for help.

Thanks!

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will take a video of it

I am waiting for a call from the advisor to see if it will be done today. If I am told its going to be much longer, I will contact you for help.

Thanks!
I feel your pain, I went to a dealer (not where I purchased) for an oil change and they left the dipstick out and oil everywhere. I went back to have the engine cleaned, they said it it was done along with an oil change. It wasn't oil everywhere. I now only go to my dealer where I purchased because I have a great relationship with everyone there including the service manager.

Things do take a bit longer, I was supposed to have a new rear cap within a week, took 3 months to be delivered. Took a bit for the dealer to co-ordinate a loaner, and they had to reach out to the body shop and an outside glass company and will be getting the rear cap replaced this week finally.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel your pain, I went to a dealer (not where I purchased) for an oil change and they left the dipstick out and oil everywhere. I went back to have the engine cleaned, they said it it was done along with an oil change. It wasn't oil everywhere. I now only go to my dealer where I purchased because I have a great relationship with everyone there including the service manager.

Things do take a bit longer, I was supposed to have a new rear cap within a week, took 3 months to be delivered. Took a bit for the dealer to co-ordinate a loaner, and they had to reach out to the body shop and an outside glass company and will be getting the rear cap replaced this week finally.
Wow, I am not alone then. I just got a text telling me the Bronco won't be ready until late afternoon tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s some other dealer experiences you’ve had on other vehicles you own(ed)
I have had great experiences with my Ford dealership. I put San Tan Ford in AZ on the same level or higher than some of the Luxury car dealers I have been to.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had great experiences with my Ford dealership. I put San Tan Ford in AZ on the same level or higher than some of the Luxury car dealers I have been to.
This is my first time I have had the pleasure of owning a new car and the oil change was my first trip to any dealership for service on my vehicle ever!

I am glad for you having good luck with your dealer. Wish I had better luck myself is all. :(

Sponsored

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my first time I have had the pleasure of owning a new car and the oil change was my first trip to any dealership for service on my vehicle ever!

I am glad for you having good luck with your dealer. Wish I had better luck myself is all. :(
I don't blame you at all; it can be very frustrating. This is why good dealerships really stand out!

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would point out: there is a distinction between a dealer as an independent company, and Ford itself.

That isn’t to say one or the other is blameless in all of this - just that they are two distinct entities. Ford has a lot of sway with what they can request of the dealers, and vice versa, but one cant directly force the other to really do anything they don’t want to do.

There are good dealers out there - just not mine.
Or mine .. All two of them.. 🤓

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Incompetent dealers and mechanics. Not all dealers service departments are this way but in my area I am finding out that most are not that great. I could write an entire page or two on my horror stories. For the Little service that I have done on my vehicles I am going to say that maybe 2 out of 10 shops are pretty good. Not a good ratio. Fortunately my local Ford dealer is pretty good. I still try to do as much maintenance and repairs as I can myself.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Incompetent dealers and mechanics. Not all dealers service departments are this way but in my area I am finding out that most are not that great. I could write an entire page or two on my horror stories. For the Little service that I have done on my vehicles I am going to say that maybe 2 out of 10 shops are pretty good. Not a good ratio. Fortunately my local Ford dealer is pretty good. I still try to do as much maintenance and repairs as I can myself.
Luck of the draw I see. Maybe I should shop around for a new dealership to visit next time.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Luck of the draw I see. Maybe I should shop around for a new dealership to visit next time.
Unfortunately it's trial and error. Unless you know someone and they swear by how good the shop is. And some shops maybe have just one good tech. And they can't be everywhere at once and if they are out everything stops or someone not qualified does the work with no supervision.
Sponsored