BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wait when they tell you that the top came in but you have to wait for the glass guy to come swap the glass over from your old top. And then get told after that's done and ready to pick up, to have them realize the sound deadening was ordered, not installed, and you have to come back in another week.

It's a Ford dealer. Level set your expectation.
LOL I am literally in the middle of dealing with this exact scenario. Unreal. Except mine didnā€™t even order the sound deadening even when I asked if they had

Hell - my dealer didnā€™t even know the tops came without the glass so I had to wait a few days for them to even contact the glass guy. Then, the glass guy didnā€™t know what he was supposed to do (he thought heā€™d be getting new glass panels and didnā€™t realize he had to cut the glass out of my current top. So my Bronco sat at his shop for two days because my dealer wouldnā€™t get back to him with instructions (and the only way I found this was by showing up at the glass shop and asking where my Bronco was)

Needless to say I got the dealership GM involved and he was horrified with the service I was getting and took matters into his own hands. Should be finally getting my Bronco back after lunch today
Sponsored

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL I am literally in the middle of dealing with this exact scenario. Unreal. Except mine didnā€™t even order the sound deadening even when I asked if they had
I asked about the sound deadening and was told they could swap them...lol waiting for them to tell me it has to be ordered.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I asked about the sound deadening and was told they could swap them...lol waiting for them to tell me it has to be ordered.
I was told the same thing after they were trying to fix their error. I said itā€™s glued in and thereā€™s no way youā€™re removing it cleanly and then getting it to adhere to a new top!

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was told the same thing after they were trying to fix their error. I said itā€™s glued in and thereā€™s no way youā€™re removing it cleanly and then getting it to adhere to a new top!
Correct, its glued in. They have no clue.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell - my dealer didnā€™t even know the tops came without the glass so I had to wait a few days for them to even contact the glass guy. Then, the glass guy didnā€™t know what he was supposed to do (he thought heā€™d be getting new glass panels and didnā€™t realize he had to cut the glass out of my current top. So my Bronco sat at his shop for two days because my dealer wouldnā€™t get back to him with instructions (and the only way I found this was by showing up at the glass shop and asking where my Bronco was)

Needless to say I got the dealership GM involved and he was horrified with the service I was getting and took matters into his own hands. Should be finally getting my Bronco back after lunch today
Can't say I didn't warn ya!

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, I will not mention the name of the dealer. A friend referred me. I am not looking to bash them only rant and get feedback from others who may have had bad luck at the ford shop as well.

Fail #1

Was my very first time bringing my very first new vehicle to the manufacture dealership for service. Simple oil change and inspection. Six months after my purchase. what could go wrong? After I drove it for a day, I smelled oil burning from the engine compartment. Drove it home, opened the hood and found the oil cap sitting next to the hood latch. "seriously" I thought with anger! Cherry popped! ouch

(I will add a pic asap...it was a complete mess)

I called the service advisor and was told they would clean it up for me sorry for the trouble. Needless to say, I gave them a bad service review as I was angry for the stupid mistake. The next day I had to take the time to go back for something I could have done myself better (I did after I got the Bronco home) Pressure wash everything to hell but not clean up the oil left from the cap near the hood latch. I looked over what they had done and said goodbye. The advisor took note of my review and said they will delete it and give me a free future oil change to compensate. That was how I left it.

Until now!

Fail #2
I had a leak in my hard top around x-mas time and was told by same advisor, to wait until after the holidays. I waited and then made an appointment to drop the Bronco off. I drove to the Shop and left it with the dealer for an inspection that could last for a few days on the 9th of this month. I got a rental from them thinking it was only a few days. A few days went by, and I was told the tech was out so it would take longer. A week went by before I was told it failed inspection and they "could order the top (vs ordering it after looking at the cracks in it on the service drive) I was told the parts were on order and it would be completed on Thursday (yesterday). I was texted that the top did not come in but hopefully tomorrow (today). The top came in today. Too bad the tech is out sick again! Now I have to wait until Monday to see if the tech show up or not. Do they not have one other tech to handle a hard top? I could do it with some help.

Here is a post for pics...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hard-top-roof-water-leak.58041/post-2124476

Is it just me or has anyone else had poor luck with ford dealers???
IMG_20231021_070948_582.jpg
If you hadnt mentioned this being your first new car purchase Id be giving you a hard time but since you apparently have never dealt with dealers before Im not. Unfortunately a lot of these issues are out of the dealers control. Granted the oil cap being left off was a careless mistake but it sounds like they attempted to make things right. Luber goobers as we like to call the oil change guys are typically youngsters trying to get into the business. Theyre often under experienced, under paid, and over worked. As for the top concerns yes the advisor can see it on the drive but for warranty purposes it has to go into the shop and be verified by a certified tech then submitted for authorization. No major warranty repairs are quick. Everyone already knows the issues with tops so to have one that quick is actually surprising. Unfortunately most places are hurting for good techs and the way shops operate its not as simple as just have someone else do it. Sounds to me like theyre doing what they can with what have to work with. And at least theyre communicating most do not.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you hadnt mentioned this being your first new car purchase Id be giving you a hard time but since you apparently have never dealt with dealers before Im not. Unfortunately a lot of these issues are out of the dealers control. Granted the oil cap being left off was a careless mistake but it sounds like they attempted to make things right. Luber goobers as we like to call the oil change guys are typically youngsters trying to get into the business. Theyre often under experienced, under paid, and over worked. As for the top concerns yes the advisor can see it on the drive but for warranty purposes it has to go into the shop and be verified by a certified tech then submitted for authorization. No major warranty repairs are quick. Everyone already knows the issues with tops so to have one that quick is actually surprising. Unfortunately most places are hurting for good techs and the way shops operate its not as simple as just have someone else do it. Sounds to me like theyre doing what they can with what have to work with. And at least theyre communicating most do not.
Thanks for the feedback. I hope my next trip to the dealer is a success!

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And what is interesting is I just saw a television ad yesterday that Ford is rolling out a mobile maintenance program where they come to you for stuff like oil changes.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm new to all this! Do all manufacture dealers act this way?
They do where I live. 1 to 10 they vary between 2 and on a good day 8. Unfortunately there's 20 different dealers in the area that are owned by 3 conglomerates. Based on experience with 2 BMW, 1 MINI, 2 Land Rover, 2 soon to be 3 Ford and 1 Ram. The MINI group stopped giving me customer review slips and that is now the group that just bought the Ram dealership. So 12 years after escaping those A--hats I'm back in their clutches. First thing they did was drop my oil changes for life because I didn't buy the truck from them. Gotta stop, blood pressure is rising

denneyt

Black Diamond
First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I will not mention the name of the dealer. A friend referred me. I am not looking to bash them only rant and get feedback from others who may have had bad luck at the ford shop as well.

Fail #1

Was my very first time bringing my very first new vehicle to the manufacture dealership for service. Simple oil change and inspection. Six months after my purchase. what could go wrong? After I drove it for a day, I smelled oil burning from the engine compartment. Drove it home, opened the hood and found the oil cap sitting next to the hood latch. "seriously" I thought with anger! Cherry popped! ouch

I called the service advisor and was told they would clean it up for me sorry for the trouble. Needless to say, I gave them a bad service review as I was angry for the stupid mistake. The next day I had to take the time to go back for something I could have done myself better (I did after I got the Bronco home) Pressure wash everything to hell but not clean up the oil left from the cap near the hood latch. I looked over what they had done and said goodbye. The advisor took note of my review and said they will delete it and give me a free future oil change to compensate. That was how I left it.

Until now!

Fail #2
I had a leak in my hard top around x-mas time and was told by same advisor, to wait until after the holidays. I waited and then made an appointment to drop the Bronco off. I drove to the Shop and left it with the dealer for an inspection that could last for a few days on the 9th of this month. I got a rental from them thinking it was only a few days. A few days went by, and I was told the tech was out so it would take longer. A week went by before I was told it failed inspection and they "could order the top (vs ordering it after looking at the cracks in it on the service drive) I was told the parts were on order and it would be completed on Thursday (yesterday). I was texted that the top did not come in but hopefully tomorrow (today). The top came in today. Too bad the tech is out sick again! Now I have to wait until Monday to see if the tech show up or not. Do they not have one other tech to handle a hard top? I could do it with some help.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hard-top-roof-water-leak.58041/post-2124476

as a dealership tech ill just say this the oil cap thing does suck but it happens, i would not delete the review but i would update it with a follow up. they may have fixed it but it still happened. now techs are still at the end of the day human and the owners of a dealership tend to get the type of techs they will allow, at the dealership i work for they will do everything to accommodate regardless of fault (to a point), but enough repeated small screw ups will get a tech fired.
for the waiting on hard top install, it's an issue with how techs are paid. normally we are paid piece meal flat rate or percentage. and most dealerships don't take work from a tech unless absolutely necessary. now most dealers will take it if they know the vehicle has to go. and warranty creates a whole other issue, usually warranty has a hard ship date after part arrival.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fail #1

Until now!

Fail #2

Ford Bronco Dealership Fail!  #2 Cheese_tile_v2.Dp_C2Q (1)

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have another one.. We bought our 2023 Badlands from a Dealer that used it in the Maintenance department.. It has 6800 miles and what to check for metal in the transfer case.. Pulled the bottom plug and it wasnā€™t magnetic.. Called the Dealer about it.. Asked them to check with maintenance to see what work was done on it.. No call back!!! šŸ˜”

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good morning. Please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the dealer you are working with and I will see what I can do to assist with your hard top repairs!
I sent you a pm yesterday. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored