Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White Badlands 2-door, 2020 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi,

My deposit has been sitting with my dealership for 8 months. My timing does not allow me to wait until 2024 because this will be a B-day gift for my daughters 16th. I am willing to pay a small ADM. Is there an easy way to search dealer inventories nationwide? The Ford look up tool limits search to 100 miles of a zip code and doesn't allow much feature filtering. My dealer has not been willing to run a search for me.

Looking for: 2 Door/OBX or Badlands/White,Cactus,Area 51, or Azure /large Nav Screen (Non SAS) (2022 or 2023)

Located in San Diego

Thanks
Sponsored

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been trying to find this and so far, have had the best results with autotrader.com. Haven't found yet what I'm looking for, though, and still also kind of want to hold out for order banks to open...if ever.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cars.com is good. You Can filter with ones with photos. Cargurus.com is good too. You can find plenty out there now if you are ok with used.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just did a quick search on Cargurus (filtered for 2dr Outer Banks) and it pulled a few up Nationwide. Nothing in Azure Gray, but there was one in Chino, CA, one in Florida and one in the Chicago suburb (Willowbrook). These 3 looked like active listings with vehicles on the lot with pictures.

https://www.willowbrookford.net/new/Ford/2023-Ford-Bronco-ec2e41dd0a0e0a9953230606356caeca.htm

This is 15 minutes from my house. I'd start with search engines like others have mentioned doing nationwide searches. This on is on the lot and available.

Last edited:

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was in the same boat and struggled with the same thing, but unfortunately the Ford website search still brings back customer orders and not just available ones. How hard would it be to add that to the filters!! Anyway, I used the site to search for 100 mile radius of a city that I felt would have some in-stock units and then I would use the furthest city from that search to expand out again. That would at least let me know which dealers “may” have some inventory. I then checked the direct website to see what they had and would call them directly if it looked promising. As you can imagine 7 times out of 10 the searches were fruitless. However, I was able to get find several loaded (SAS, LUX, 4 Door, etc) for MSRP doing this, and I found a tons of others who had other trims at MSRP but didn’t match what I was looking for.

It took me quite some time, but in the end my WildTrak for MSRP is finally showing up on Tuesday, I can’t wait!

92E43DDE-897E-413B-BD8E-40BE91278FF0.jpeg
5329DBF6-9BAB-4E2F-84C9-0AB8700F0A81.jpeg

I had the best results searching near Detroit. I’m not sure if it’s because of the proximity to the plant, but they definitely had the most inventory and best prices. The ones out here in CA are still living in 2021/22 and asking for ridiculous ADMs. If anyone wants my list of dealers that were offering MSRP just send me a message.

Happy hunting!

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately, cars.com and others report vehicles already sold by dealers. The with photos sounds like a possible work around to eliminate most of these false hits.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Try Autotrader.com. I agree with @rblock50 that the best deals seem to be in the Detroit area.

OP
OP

ctm14

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 White Badlands 2-door, 2020 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you all! Some good advice here. I did not realize sold custom orders would show up in dealer inventories. Thanks for the trick of no photos often indicating a sold car. The cars.com type of websites appear to only represent a small portion of the dealer inventory but I will search.
My dealer is trying to assist but I think it is difficult because of the supply shortage and not being able to do the traditional dealer stock trades.

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the best results searching near Detroit. I’m not sure if it’s because of the proximity to the plant, but they definitely had the most inventory and best prices.
I think it comes down to what most of the forum loves to moan and cry about: Allocations

Many of the highest volume Ford dealers in the US are in the Detroit area which means they get big Bronco allocations, and it seems that the volume of allocations is exceeding the demand from the local market.

I ordered and purchased from a Detroit area dealer and my salesman told me that for MY22 they had dozens of unused allocations at the end of the model year, but he also said they had played it safe with the number of orders they took.
Sponsored