Sponsored

Dealership telling me to set an order appointment next week?

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I smell BS sales tactics. Bait and switch coming your way. Either asking for money ahead of time so they can then add big markup later and you're stuck with it, or they're going to try to sell you something else in the meantime that you can trade on the Bronco later.
Yup, that's what I'm thinking, too.

Summer 2019 I randomly contacted a dealer in Georgia who posted information online. A salesman called back and asked if I wanted to "come in and test drive a Bronco." "How is that possible?," I asked, "Ford hasn't even built it yet." But maybe I'd buy something else and trade it in when the Bronco is eventually sold.

I've been in sales all my life. I would never treat a customer that way.
Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Build and Price will but our order banks will not until December when we can slap the snot out of the button that says place order...
After reviewing the Build/Price document, if we know what we want sight unseen, can we settle up with our dealer? Even if that process occurs in September?

Al Blue4.6l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150, 1991 Defender 90, 2006 LR3, 2013 LR4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like Sheehy.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it true they’re delaying delivery a couple months and into 2022? Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times already but would the early reservations be the first ones delivered?
Sorry again if these are questions you’ve already been asked a handful of times!
Nothing has been said, but’s also a possibility that the reservations made around the week of the 13th are set for delivery at the estimated April date, but any reservations made today are subject to the updated June and beyond delivery dates.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just got off the phone with my dealership, they said I need to come in next week to order and that they only had 37 appointments available. I thought actual orders were taking place in December. But when I asked about that the sales managers said, "Nope, Ford has bumped that up."

I also asked about dealer markups and X-plan, but they dismissed those questions and said the sales rep will go over pricing when I come in.

For clarity I reserved a 2 Door Badlands, not a Sport. And this is Sheehy Ford in Maryland.
Seems odd that Ford would let dealers start taking orders for a vehicle that won't even ship until June of 2021. My dealer is in Maryland and they told me they will not be taking orders until December.

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Dealer said they are expecting pricing guides in August.

denrobii

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went to my Ford dealership in OKC to get my truck serviced and spoke to a salesman about my Wildtrax reservation. He told me delivery would be in 18 months! I also asked about dealer markup and was told the First Edition would have a $20k markup while the other trims would have a $2500 to $7000 markup. Has anyone else been told this?

rand007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went to my Ford dealership in OKC ... I also asked about dealer markup and was told the First Edition would have a $20k markup while the other trims would have a $2500 to $7000 markup. Has anyone else been told this?
Which OKC dealer?

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to my Ford dealership in OKC to get my truck serviced and spoke to a salesman about my Wildtrax reservation. He told me delivery would be in 18 months! I also asked about dealer markup and was told the First Edition would have a $20k markup while the other trims would have a $2500 to $7000 markup. Has anyone else been told this?
Should have purchased from chuck anderson Ford. Everyone one of his will be well below msrp!

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got off the phone with my dealership, they said I need to come in next week to order and that they only had 37 appointments available. I thought actual orders were taking place in December. But when I asked about that the sales managers said, "Nope, Ford has bumped that up."

I also asked about dealer markups and X-plan, but they dismissed those questions and said the sales rep will go over pricing when I come in.

For clarity I reserved a 2 Door Badlands, not a Sport. And this is Sheehy Ford in Maryland.
My Dealer told me today, MSRP, no mark up,
And I told him if there is any I am out, not interested.
MSRP is too much, but sure not going to pay more than that.
What have you guys heard??

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely switch dealers if the one you have your reservation through currently is telling you they're applying a markup.

Sales manager at my dealer told me that they're expecting ordering to open up sometime in September for the 2 and 4-door full size Broncos.
Sponsored