First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Sport is no slouch. It's gotten me places I never would've considered taking my Yukon Denali I had before it. This photo is from the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. It's a blast to take on things like that and fire service roads and whatnot. I haven't been gentle with it(good thing it has steel plates underneath) and it hasn't let me down. I've had it 7 months and still get thumbs up or compliments pretty much every time I take it out. It's a more than worthy vehicle until I get the Big Bronc.

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport IMG_20210706_091722
Sponsored

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally different target markets. Both vehicles under the Bronco brand are going to sell like hotcakes. This is not an either/or situation. Ford's marketing has been spot on with the Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach-E, F-150 Lightning, and the Maverick. It's the most exciting new product line in the automotive industry today.
This. And Ford is not done putting the Bronco nameplate on other vehicles. Bronco is a brand, not a specific vehicle.

F-150 Lightning…. Best name they could’ve used for the new truck. Some fans of the old Lightning performance street truck are not amused, but they’ll get over it. Probably within a few minutes after trying the new one. Can’t wait to get mine, which will be my daily driver for the foreseeable future.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Contact people at dealers in our area are clueless as well.

Nothing wrong with the Sport, the should have named it something different. I think Pinto would have been an appropriate name to bring back.

Most people don't remember the exploding Pintos anyway

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Sport is no slouch. It's gotten me places I never would've considered taking my Yukon Denali I had before it. This photo is from the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. It's a blast to take on things like that and fire service roads and whatnot. I haven't been gentle with it(good thing it has steel plates underneath) and it hasn't let me down. I've had it 7 months and still get thumbs up or compliments pretty much every time I take it out. It's a more than worthy vehicle until I get the Big Bronc.

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport IMG_20210706_091722
I think it's awesome!

See, even in your pic here, that's more dirt than 9/10 of these guys have ever seen or their "big" Bronco ever will see.

Let 'em keep talkin, while you just keep a wheelin!

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a new reservation holder for a full size Bronco 4 door Sasquatch with MIC top, I know I won't see it for a long time.
I paid off my Honda Crosstour and I'm sick of it and now is a good time to sell a used car.

I think I'm going to lease a Bronco Sport and trade it back when my "real" Bronco is ready. Bad idea? Make fun of me?

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a new reservation holder for a full size Bronco 4 door Sasquatch with MIC top, I know I won't see it for a long time.
I paid off my Honda Crosstour and I'm sick of it and now is a good time to sell a used car.

I think I'm going to lease a Bronco Sport and trade it back when my "real" Bronco is ready. Bad idea? Make fun of me?
I’m in the same boat, unfortunately Bronco Sports are not leasing well right now since EVERYTHING is in demand. I was given a better finance rate than leasing a Sport :/

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m in the same boat, unfortunately Bronco Sports are not leasing well right now since EVERYTHING is in demand. I was given a better finance rate than leasing a Sport :/
Interesting. What kind of lease deals were you looking at? I was hoping if I leased from the same dealer I ordered the Bronco from, they could work something out. I guess I'll see on Friday when I go down there.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting. What kind of lease deals were you looking at? I was hoping if I leased from the same dealer I ordered the Bronco from, they could work something out. I guess I'll see on Friday when I go down there.
It’s worth a shot to get your own options. I was looking at 12,000 miles a year, with $1k down I was at roughly $500/month. I didn’t pursue much after since we were purchasing the Sport for my GF and she financed it. I just have fallen in love with it as well.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s worth a shot to get your own options. I was looking at 12,000 miles a year, with $1k down I was at roughly $500/month. I didn’t pursue much after since we were purchasing the Sport for my GF and she financed it. I just have fallen in love with it as well.
Yeah, that's about 150 more than what's quoted on Ford's Website. I would want 12,000 miles a year and would need to not exceed $400 a month. Thanks for your insight and wish me luck! Happy to hear that you love the Baby Bronco.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, that's about 150 more than what's quoted on Ford's Website. I would want 12,000 miles a year and would need to not exceed $400 a month. Thanks for your insight and wish me luck! Happy to hear that you love the Baby Bronco.
Yeah, I was hoping for 350-400 myself! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, both for big and small Broncos!

Sponsored

BuffaloBronco87

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford learned their lesson when they rebadged the Taurus as the 500. No one bought the 500, but the Taurus was one of their all time best vehicles. Going with a name people know is better than a new name.

If I'm honest with my self the Sport probably fits my needs better than the Bronco. Capable enough that I don't have to worry in snow or trails to go camping and it can fit my kid, dog, and gear. I would bet this market is actually bigger than the market for a 2dr Big Bronco.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a coworker who swore he pulled a 'big bronco' out of a mud pit when he was off-roading months ago. he swore it was the big one. After a few minutes and seeing the pics, I laughed because it was a Sport, and had to educate him on the difference.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have said, there's definitely a market for the Bronco Sport.
Yes, it's frustrating that most people don't understand the difference.

And it's absolutely infuriating and absurd when dealerships don't know the difference. Though it does make it simple to figure out if the person you're talking with at the dealership is a moron.

If Ford wants to do everyone a service and simultaneously get more attention for both vehicles, they should make a TV ad that specifically revolves around people talking about two different vehicles and calling them both Bronco.

It basically writes itself.

Reactions: RG7

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All. We ordered my better half a bronco sport last august. Got it two days before Christmas and had the chance to drive it in 6 plus inches of snow all around pa and wv. She loves it. I love it and it’s a home run for Ford. Rides better than traditional body on frame but can go 90% of the places most would take a bronco. I would have called it bronco II. We call it baby bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.