Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told by someone at the Webasto Plant that they had enough roofs built for the July builds and they were manufacturing 500 a day.

I have heard from reliable sources that Webasto is making 400-500 roofs per day and that the Quality is good. I’m not sure why Ford and the dealers are urging reservations holders to switch to soft tops. I have a 4 door badlands ordered with a MIC top and I’m sticking with it.
Because the MAP line is designed to build 1000 Bronco's per day across 2 shifts.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But not all orders are hard tops...
Oh I know... My point just being that only 500 per day, even if they worked every single day for a year without stop (which we lnow is impossible), it doesn't really add up to that many...and I would bet under normal circumstances most Bronco orders would be for a hard top.

I just can't see them being able to keep up with yearly sales at that rate. Hell, its going to take them 200+ days just to cover the first 48 hours of reservations.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. If it were any longer it would extend up past the top of the window glass.

2. It's way better than the Jeep's... at least on the Bronco they maximized the coverage where it's useful...

Rear Wipers.png
certainly better than nothing, those that don't like it don't have to turn it on :-D

At least they moved the entire motor contraption down, compared to Jeep where it takes away additional window space.
I'm in Germany right now, plenty small cars with tiny rear wipers here, can't make the wiper bigger than the window. A small clear space to look through is better than a wall of dirt IMO.

Sponsored

BourbonBoy

Badlands
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the MAP line is designed to build 1000 Bronco's per day across 2 shifts.
That seems a little high. It runs down the same line as the Ranger. My guess would be 700 Broncos a day. Where are you getting that number?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems a little high. It runs down the same line as the Ranger. My guess would be 700 Broncos a day. Where are you getting that number?
It's been reported before... Of course, that's at max capacity likely. Which it'll only intermittently see I would guess, in these early stages.

BourbonBoy

Badlands
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been reported before... Of course, that's at max capacity likely. Which it'll only intermittently see I would guess, in these early stages.
Building just over 500 a day on 2 shifts. Todays build calls for 121- 2Dr, 403- 4Dr. 350 will be hard top.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Building just over 500 a day on 2 shifts. Todays build calls for 121- 2Dr, 403- 4Dr. 350 will be hard top.
The point I'm making is, Ford has designed the line to produce 500 Bronco's per shift for 1000 units a day.
Obviously, everyone knows there are commodity constraints, and not just the roofs.
Today's builds look promising! About a 50/50 split on tops on the 4 doors...
Of the soft tops, I suspect only half of the softies are reservation builds. The rest (of the soft tops) are what Ford can throw down the line with what they have.
ALL the hard tops better be customer builds!

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told by someone at the Webasto Plant that they had enough roofs built for the July builds and they were manufacturing 500 a day.

I have heard from reliable sources that Webasto is making 400-500 roofs per day and that the Quality is good. I’m not sure why Ford and the dealers are urging reservations holders to switch to soft tops. I have a 4 door badlands ordered with a MIC top and I’m sticking with it.
Pretty much same build 4DR, BL, Sas, 2.7L with MIC. Haven't changed anything and I've gone from 7/26 to 8/26 to 8/16 so I've held firm on build and it hasn't hurt yet. I'm guessing Day 1 and #1 @ dealership has helped a bit. My logic has been for the amount of money we're paying for these things I'm either going to get what I wanted originally or I'll just back out (or wait longer). Not going to settle and regret it. Corny but that's been my mindset.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks PREMiERdrum for posting those photos. I'd say your photo (shown below), is probably why Ford decided to include the fabric liner for free. Probably Ford concluded the honeycomb/carbon bare finish cosmetics, would look a bit too unfinished for some buyers.

I'm actually ok with it, even though I'd like a more smooth and uniform look. I wonder what Ford's original idea was for the interior finish, and why they didn't go with some gelcoat or paint coating for the interior? That could have provided a more finished interior look. Similar to how the outside surface has a more finished surface/coating.

Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes InteriorHardto

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks PREMiERdrum for posting those photos. I'd say your photo (shown below), is probably why Ford decided to include the fabric liner for free. Probably Ford concluded the honeycomb/carbon bare finish cosmetics, would look a bit too unfinished for some buyers.

I'm actually ok with it, even though I'd like a more smooth and uniform look. I wonder what Ford's original idea was for the interior finish, and why they didn't go with some gelcoat or paint coating for the interior? That could have provided a more finished interior look. Similar to how the outside surface has a more finished surface/coating.

Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes InteriorHardto
I wonder how many Bronco owners can spell "utilitarian".

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder how many Bronco owners can spell "utilitarian".
I used white acrylic house paint on the inside of my CJ hardtop. To cover a heart I had drawn, after the girl broke up with me. The house paint held up rather well - so there is always that option. :)
Sponsored