Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

here's a new one to add for you. Went to give the new truck a once-over and good waxing now that I've had it for a week. I expected to find rail dust and the like. I did not expect to find overspray from the paint booth:

1638563279851.png

That right there is Velocity Blue paint, coming right off into the claybar. appears to be on *top* of the clearcoat, so no big deal. But damn, never seen this on a brand spanking new car before.
Is that a paint curing issue? I know nothing about auto paint.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is a link to the OCD (Owners Delivery Checklist) that you can use/print-out when taking delivery of your new Bronco.

The items in this list, all reported by Bronco6g members, are mainly Quality & Manf issues that can be seen during your acceptance. Members have been providing this list to their Dealers to use during PDI, with favorable results.

Engine Performance/Failure, Airbag Recall, Ordering, Dealer Allotment issues or complaints are not on this list.

This is a Google Doc. Special thanks and shout-out to @gizmohd for creating it!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bCKnGypjpN2g2Qz8UtEC1-eqGUeqm5g9fj0tdrady3E/edit?usp=sharing
I can't wait to see the first video when somebody hands this to the dopey kid that delivers the car to the customer.

Reactions: Cat

Inigo Montoya

Badlands
First Name
Inigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! What is the 4-digit number? Is it part of my original order number? The tracker has never worked for me once.
It's technically the Order Code on the top right of your Order Summary you signed from the dealer. That's why I put order number in "".

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's technically the Order Code on the top right of your Order Summary you signed from the dealer. That's why I put order number in "".

THANK YOU! That worked perfectly. I wish I would have known that sooner.

Apparently my Bronco was not built this week... still in production. Ouch!

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a link to the OCD (Owners Delivery Checklist) that you can use/print-out when taking delivery of your new Bronco.

The items in this list, all reported by Bronco6g members, are mainly Quality & Manf issues that can be seen during your acceptance. Members have been providing this list to their Dealers to use during PDI, with favorable results.

Engine Performance/Failure, Airbag Recall, Ordering, Dealer Allotment issues or complaints are not on this list.

This is a Google Doc. Special thanks and shout-out to @gizmohd for creating it!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bCKnGypjpN2g2Qz8UtEC1-eqGUeqm5g9fj0tdrady3E/edit?usp=sharing
this is the kinda shit that i love about this forum!

• Love

Sponsored

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One to add re: hard tops. Make sure all the parts of the soundproofing are attached to all the panels. When I picked up mine a month ago, the drivers side roof panel did not have any sound insulation. The insulation was present on the passenger side panel and the cab.

And I’m case you’re wondering, the dealer says it could take months to get in the replacement insulation panel.

Ford Bronco DELIVERY CHECKLIST  (OCD Version) for Expectant Bronco Owners B570FC5C-1A13-4B49-AA52-FA25987BEA73
Ford Bronco DELIVERY CHECKLIST  (OCD Version) for Expectant Bronco Owners C034342C-6E5A-4293-9437-83464115366A

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very awesome, thank you!

• Love

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably more indicative that they're running the bodies through the paint booth too close to one another

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably more indicative that they're running the bodies through the paint booth too close to one another
It's definitely factory overspray after the vehicle has been cleared. Our Velocity Blue Bronco had it as well all over the hood, front fenders, part of the doors and even the windshield! It's almost impossible to see, but on ours you could feel it. The paint in the effected areas was super rough to the touch as was the windshield. Our dealer paid to have the entire vehicle professionally paint corrected. Paint is baby smooth now. I'll post videos/pics later when I get a chance of what we documented and sent to the dealer.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With this and the letter to Ford, @Cat is our Huckleberry!

• Love

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe this should actually be:
200,000 for MOD to MIC, MOD to Soft, Dual to MIC, or Dual to Soft

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bookmarked! This list is money. Great point including the prices from Flood Ford for the extended warranty. I planned on printing and bringing a quote from them and asking my dealer to match it or I'll decline it.

• Love

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are some pics and video of the factory overspray that we discovered on our Bronco, after having taken delivery. Without the perfect lighting, it's very difficult to see by just looking at the paint, but you can definitely feel it and hear it. Volume required when watching the video so you can hear the difference when I rub my finger across the paint.

Factory Paint Overspray - Windshield Exterior
Ford Bronco DELIVERY CHECKLIST  (OCD Version) for Expectant Bronco Owners badlands_windshield_exterior

Factory Paint Overspray - Windshield From Inside
Ford Bronco DELIVERY CHECKLIST  (OCD Version) for Expectant Bronco Owners badlands_windshield_interior

Factory Paint Overspray - Clay Bar
Ford Bronco DELIVERY CHECKLIST  (OCD Version) for Expectant Bronco Owners badlands_claybar

Factory Paint Overspray - Sound
Sponsored