[Denied by Ford] TFL: Bronco will be revealed in second half of November

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fixed based on the GT350. Revealed November 2014, I received an early available car in November 2015.
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered both day one and scheduled clean within a couple weeks, they had allocations. The 350 was first one to dealer out of three allocations (one of the first in state, Nov 15') and first ST to the dealership. Not sure when the first 2020 explorer arrived but they only had one other on delivery day. We're almost at 11 months on the 500 with the emargo just lifting today with at least 3 to 4 weeks till cars hit dealers.

It's all semantics at this point, Ford can't get a bronco in my garage soon enough so I'm just hoping for an exciting next three months....MachE, baby B and hopefully the real deal Jan/Feb!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, you're talking about "butts in seats" taking a year. The Job 1 date for the GT350 was in August several months earlier, making the release to Job 1 time frame about 8 months.

We already know (kinda, unofficially) when Job 1 is supposed to be for Bronco (DEC '20). Using planning expectations the release would most likely be in the late spring or summer of 2020. All you're really arguing for with all of this "my real life experience says it can take 1 year" stuff is that Ford could **** something up and we won't see BroncoBroncos on dealer lots until summer of 2021 because the "butts in seats" date could be a year or more from the planned release date (that 350 was a year from the release, but several months later than Job 1).

Your "butts in seats" experiences are just saying it will possibly take longer, not that anything Ford has planned might happen earlier than expected.

Sooo.... hooray, no BroncoBronco's until late 2021. You win! :handsinair: :champagne:

:headbang: :crying:

eta: To be honest, this is what I've been expecting (physical delivery a year later or more than the release), but I'd rather talk about when we're supposed to know something more about it, i.e. the planned press/release date, not the continually frustrating and disappointingly long time it is taking and will probably continue to take even after the planned release, build and delivery dates. Not knowing what Bronco is is what bothers me most.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jalisurr

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To be honest, this is what I've been expecting (physical delivery a year later or more than the release), but I'd rather talk about when we're supposed to know something more about it, i.e. the planned press/release date, not the continually frustrating and disappointingly long time it is taking and will probably continue to take even after the planned release, build and delivery dates. Not knowing what Bronco is is what bothers me most.
Very much this. I don't have any need to be 'first', I'm not even likely to buy a Bronco within the first year of availability, I'd rather wait and make sure there's no early glitches, though I can understand the people who want the new shiny right away. It's the date that we actually get to find out what it IS that excites me. When we get to find out if all the people saying 'it won't disappoint' are right. Once it's been revealed I can go into planning mode, but right now everything is up in the air.

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

eta: To be honest, this is what I've been expecting (physical delivery a year later or more than the release), but I'd rather talk about when we're supposed to know something more about it, i.e. the planned press/release date, not the continually frustrating and disappointingly long time it is taking and will probably continue to take even after the planned release, build and delivery dates. Not knowing what Bronco is is what bothers me most.
I've been using the Ranger's timeline. From when they first made the announcement to when the mules have hit the road. So far it has basically matched up. But whatever happens come November/December I won't be disappointed.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, you're talking about "butts in seats" taking a year. The Job 1 date for the GT350 was in August several months earlier, making the release to Job 1 time frame about 8 months.

We already know (kinda, unofficially) when Job 1 is supposed to be for Bronco (DEC '20). Using planning expectations the release would most likely be in the late spring or summer of 2020. All you're really arguing for with all of this "my real life experience says it can take 1 year" stuff is that Ford could **** something up and we won't see BroncoBroncos on dealer lots until summer of 2021 because the "butts in seats" date could be a year or more from the planned release date (that 350 was a year from the release, but several months later than Job 1).

Your "butts in seats" experiences are just saying it will possibly take longer, not that anything Ford has planned might happen earlier than expected.

Sooo.... hooray, no BroncoBronco's until late 2021. You win! :handsinair: :champagne:

:headbang: :crying:

Not once did I say late 2021, in fact I've stated multiple times I expect the press release early 20' with Job 1 late Q3 into Q4 with early vehicles on lots by end of 20'. That adds up to roughly a 10 month timeline. I agree we all want to know when the presser will be then we test mules will likely come out of the wood work and timelines will start to fall in place. I'll be kinda of surprised if Ford doesn't show something at least on the baby at SEMA. Next year is to far out so that would be a missed opportunity for a vehicle that will likely have the largest aftermarket following in Fords history sans Mustang.
Sponsored