First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Defender 90 is actually narrower than a Jeep Wrangler, which is likely slightly narrower than the new Bronco will be
I've really been wondering about the width of the new Bronco. I think the current Wrangler looks squat...the TJ was sleeker at 5.5" narrower. The 2019 Ranger and 2019 Wrangler have almost identical width.

TeocaliMG, What's your guess on the new Bronco width???
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Delete options in general, yes please. Most manufacturers like to 'bundle' a lot of garbage options in as prerequisites or required add-ons.

I'd happily take top end drivetrain options with base model electronics. So many people will want to pick custom/aftermarket wheels/tires it would be nice to have a base/delete option for that too.
Exaclty the opposite of what Ford is doing now.
Bought an escape in 17, as it was the last year to get SE with the only other option being the 2.0 eco
(now you have to go to Titanium to get largest motor).

19 Fusion Sport was only sold with every option (unlike 17/18, which had a "base"), which turned it
discounted from $26/27K to $33K. I swear Ford was (is) actively tyring kill of their cars............

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
that'd be beyond sweet :wink:

f241b096e08d68659db3fe6e5b4c06c6--geneva-motor-show-land-rover-defender.jpg
I love the old defenders. They are the perfect size for a Bronco, right around the same size as a current Jeep Wrangler.

Pictured above is a Defender 110 though, the 90 was the 2 door.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MBlue is correct on width of the 'new' Defender at 78.7"; but the 1990's classic I and TeocaliMG referenced was considerably trimmer @70.5" excluding mirrors.

MBronco's question...2019 Wrangler width is 73.8 at fender flares.

I'd guess you can blame some of the porkyness on lowering COG to guard against rollover - but personally I prefer the proportions of the older models. Heck, I believe Gen1 Broncos were only 68.5" wide

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be honest, I'll be buying a Bronco from the first delivery lot into NC - no matter how wide it is. My needs are modest; I'm retired in a 2-traffic light mountain town. Avid grouse hunter & spend considerable time on national forest trails, so the only rock 'crawling' I do is through the occasional road washout.

But will the Bronco be just a tool, or will it become a 'possession'? All depends on whether or not it has them 'wicked good looks'.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you think 74" is the wrangler is interior width?
No, that is 60, outside to outside, which is why wranglers are so good off camber, much thinner so they hit less rocks/trees just off trail.
That is something the bronco won't ever have.

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is for safety regulations. A lot of older vehicles could be more narrow with just about the same interior space. Doors and body panels are more bubbly now to perform better on crash test.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your point here is reasonable, your previous one is what was replying to. We were obviously referring to the old gen in the picture and its excellent style and proportions. You mentioned that Ford didn't want to make this, they wanted to make a "midget mobile", then I provided the dimensions clearly outlining that this classic is well within the midsize territory. Also if you think 78.5" vs 74" is the difference between midget mobile and world class market bustin machine then you are probably going to be driving a 2021 Bronco... hate to break it to ya ;) ...

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, that is 60, outside to outside, which is why wranglers are so good off camber, much thinner so they hit less rocks/trees just off trail.
That is something the bronco won't ever have.
Just curious, how do "we" know this is something the Bronco will never have. The public still has not seen the CAD or top hat spy photos, still just speculating on body style. Like wider fenders/track width vs body for example.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just curious, how do "we" know this is something the Bronco will never have. The public still has not seen the CAD or top hat spy photos, still just speculating on body style. Like wider fenders/track width vs body for example.
Because it would be 8.5 inches thinner than an EB, which is already tiny by today's standards.
But mostly because doing that one thing better (off camber roof clearance), brings a host of other
issues that Ford will not compromise on.

AUcruiser100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 CTS-V coupe 6M, 2003 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need you to lobby someone to re-open Sports Page

To be honest, I'll be buying a Bronco from the first delivery lot into NC - no matter how wide it is. My needs are modest; I'm retired in a 2-traffic light mountain town. Avid grouse hunter & spend considerable time on national forest trails, so the only rock 'crawling' I do is through the occasional road washout.

But will the Bronco be just a tool, or will it become a 'possession'? All depends on whether or not it has them 'wicked good looks'.
Sponsored