Sponsored

Did anyone's "chime" sounds change recently?

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I noticed my chime sounds in the vehicle are different. For when you start up the vehicle as well as the proximity sensor warning chimes have a different sound. I assume it's from an over the air software update, but I can't find any info on it in the app.

I liked the old sounds better. Odd.
Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Covid Ear?...... too soon?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This happened to me awhile ago. The sensor sound sounded different for a few days, then went back to normal. No idea why.

I think it may have been making the same sound, just playing from a different location or different speaker or something. No idea what was going on.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This happened to me awhile ago. The sensor sound sounded different for a few days, then went back to normal. No idea why.

I think it may have been making the same sound, just playing from a different location or different speaker or something. No idea what was going on.
I have experienced this exact thing in a couple other Fords, but it's been a while and I don't remember the details.

PMR

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today I noticed my chime sounds in the vehicle are different. For when you start up the vehicle as well as the proximity sensor warning chimes have a different sound. I assume it's from an over the air software update, but I can't find any info on it in the app.

I liked the old sounds better. Odd.
Happens once a week in my 2020 Raptor. I think it happened once in my Bronco so far. 1400 miles. I think it has to do with the audio boot up in SYNC. I can't diagnose under what conditions it happens, Totally random.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the sound coming from your speakers or the instrument panel

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is the sound coming from your speakers or the instrument panel
I think when it sounded weird for me for a few days it came from the instrument panel or nearby. Normally it seems to be spatially appropriate to which sensor is alarming, via the normal sound system?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s a software glitch with the sound system not turning on. When I adjustment my rear speakers to full range in forscan it make my speaker BLAST the tone. So I changed it to go to the instrument panel and it’s a similar sound but different. I prefer it

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’s a software glitch with the sound system not turning on. When I adjustment my rear speakers to full range in forscan it make my speaker BLAST the tone. So I changed it to go to the instrument panel and it’s a similar sound but different. I prefer it
Do you have a guide for the full range speakers?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This happens when the specific barometric pressure goes below 20 CFMC. It so happens that the pitch of Ford's programmed chimes will be altered by the lower barometric pressure ever so slightly, but enough to hear the difference. This effect is influenced by the Williamson Cationic Curve, which is well known by Air Force and Navy pilots, who in WWII experienced missing instrument ques when audible warning chimes sounded different at varying altitudes . . . due to the changing barometric pressure. Therefore if your chimes sound different for a period of time, it is only because you were experiencing a temporary change in barometric pressure. If you were to use a Williamson Cationic Curve conversion chart ($20 on Amazon) and the Williamson App on your phone, you will be able to see the degree by which you need to change your barometric pressure to hear the chime in its intended tone again. In most cases you can do that by rolling up all the windows and blasting the AC on full for 5 minutes, followed by immediately changing to full heat for about a minute. The sudden change in temperature will balance the barometric pressure and the chime will sound normal again.

But it's possible this is just a bunch of malarkey I made up because I'm bored tonight.

Deleted member 32220

Just when you thought you were smart this guy shows up! Lol. I knew the speed of sound “down here” was 760mph and at FL 410 it is 660mph. But you just took it to another level of wisdom.👍

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happens when the specific barometric pressure goes below 20 CFMC. It so happens that the pitch of Ford's programmed chimes will be altered by the lower barometric pressure ever so slightly, but enough to hear the difference. This effect is influenced by the Williamson Cationic Curve, which is well known by Air Force and Navy pilots, who in WWII experienced missing instrument ques when audible warning chimes sounded different at varying altitudes . . . due to the changing barometric pressure. Therefore if your chimes sound different for a period of time, it is only because you were experiencing a temporary change in barometric pressure. If you were to use a Williamson Cationic Curve conversion chart ($20 on Amazon) and the Williamson App on your phone, you will be able to see the degree by which you need to change your barometric pressure to hear the chime in its intended tone again. In most cases you can do that by rolling up all the windows and blasting the AC on full for 5 minutes, followed by immediately changing to full heat for about a minute. The sudden change in temperature will balance the barometric pressure and the chime will sound normal again.

But it's possible this is just a bunch of malarkey I made up because I'm bored tonight.
If this isn't really a thing, it should be. Yeah, I could Google it and see if you're pulling our leg with clever BS. Nah, I don't care. It sounds brilliant, so it is. :cool:.

Now if you could offer some help with my deafening tinnitus. Or help me tune it .... o_O

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

👆 I like it 🍍🍕🍻

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed it will switch between the speakers and the cluster, I haven't quite figured out the conditions that cause it to switch.
Sponsored