Sponsored

Did anyone's "chime" sounds change recently?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This happens when the specific barometric pressure goes below 20 CFMC. It so happens that the pitch of Ford's programmed chimes will be altered by the lower barometric pressure ever so slightly, but enough to hear the difference. This effect is influenced by the Williamson Cationic Curve, which is well known by Air Force and Navy pilots, who in WWII experienced missing instrument ques when audible warning chimes sounded different at varying altitudes . . . due to the changing barometric pressure. Therefore if your chimes sound different for a period of time, it is only because you were experiencing a temporary change in barometric pressure. If you were to use a Williamson Cationic Curve conversion chart ($20 on Amazon) and the Williamson App on your phone, you will be able to see the degree by which you need to change your barometric pressure to hear the chime in its intended tone again. In most cases you can do that by rolling up all the windows and blasting the AC on full for 5 minutes, followed by immediately changing to full heat for about a minute. The sudden change in temperature will balance the barometric pressure and the chime will sound normal again.

But it's possible this is just a bunch of malarkey I made up because I'm bored tonight.
I bow to your intelligence, or I'm amazed at your imagination.:unsure: Either way Matt, you had my undivided attention. :cool:

BTW Jeff, all I have ever heard from both of my Fords is that confounded "Boo-De-Do".
Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's from condensation build up and freezing making the sensor sound different.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bow to your intelligence, or I'm amazed at your imagination.:unsure: Either way Matt, you had my undivided attention. :cool:

BTW Jeff, all I have ever heard from both of my Fords is that confounded "Boo-De-Do".
Yeah, just a little buffoonery with all that scuttle about Williamson yatta-yatta and WWII pilots and such. Made it all up while I was waiting for a call because I had nothing better to do. I just feel bad if it influenced anyone to actually roll up their windows with the A/C and heat blasting to try and change their chime tones. Oh well.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought it has to do with the battery level. I noticed that the chime goes from the speakers to instrument panel whenever I work on the car and leave the interior LED lights on for a long time.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have experienced this exact thing in a couple other Fords, but it's been a while and I don't remember the details.
I had the same experience with the Ford Escape I had. It didn't happen that often, and it never seemed to be linked to anything - not weather, or distance driven, or how long it sat... sort of annoying, but it never led to other issues.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bringing this post back from the dead since it happened to me this morning for the first time. Its a semi-regular occurrence in the Navigator as well, all the nice Lincoln-specific noises go away and are replaced by the corporate Ford chimes.

I thought it has to do with the battery level. I noticed that the chime goes from the speakers to instrument panel whenever I work on the car and leave the interior LED lights on for a long time.
I've heard this theory before but I can't seem to corroborate it, it will still happen even after the vehicle has been recently driven at length on the highway, battery should be nicely topped off.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
This happens when the specific barometric pressure goes below 20 CFMC. It so happens that the pitch of Ford's programmed chimes will be altered by the lower barometric pressure ever so slightly, but enough to hear the difference. This effect is influenced by the Williamson Cationic Curve, which is well known by Air Force and Navy pilots, who in WWII experienced missing instrument ques when audible warning chimes sounded different at varying altitudes . . . due to the changing barometric pressure. Therefore if your chimes sound different for a period of time, it is only because you were experiencing a temporary change in barometric pressure. If you were to use a Williamson Cationic Curve conversion chart ($20 on Amazon) and the Williamson App on your phone, you will be able to see the degree by which you need to change your barometric pressure to hear the chime in its intended tone again. In most cases you can do that by rolling up all the windows and blasting the AC on full for 5 minutes, followed by immediately changing to full heat for about a minute. The sudden change in temperature will balance the barometric pressure and the chime will sound normal again.

But it's possible this is just a bunch of malarkey I made up because I'm bored tonight.

Ford Bronco Did anyone's "chime" sounds change recently? tenor

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not BS It has to do with the audio system start up. If the chime starts before the audio is completely intialized it will play through the speaker in the instrument cluster otherwise it will play through the audio system. Normally it plays through the audio system. My 2016 Mustang used to randomly do this as well.
Sponsored