Sponsored

Did you buy the Ford premium maintenance and no extended warranty?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
150k/6yr Ford maintenance plan is under $3k from Zeigler Ford. It would appear a lot here are conflating EDP versus Premium Maintenance. Together they should be around $5,000 for 6yr/150k miles
Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The eternal question….to buy a warranty or not. I have bought the warranty on my 2011 F 150, and never used it. I base whether to buy a warranty on what the dealership offer is. If they cut me a deal on the warranty, then I most likely am in. On the other hand, I can take the cost of the warranty, and put it into an account specifically set up for any mechanical failure. It is simply a roll of the dice.
So I purchased an 8 year warranty on my 2012 F150 - my rear defroster stopped working, maybe 5 years after I purchased the vehicle, so when I brought it in for an oil change I mentioned it to the service desk. They called to say that the entire sliding rear window had to be replaced to fix the defroster. If I didn't have the warranty I would not have fixed it but the nearly $2000 job was cover so I guess I got my moneys worth? 10 years later it doesn't work any more but a lot of other things don't work either. If I had a 10 year warranty it would have been a home run - electronic power steering $3000!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford’s premium maintenance does cover a lot that many plans don’t. It does cover brakes, shocks, spark plugs, accessory belt. How hard are you on brakes.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For clarity... Maintenance is not the same as warranty repair. I certainly am not assuming you are blurring the two. But I feel better saying something.

I am a believer in reasonable "Insurance" or transfer of risk for an agreeable amount of $$.

A fully decked out warranty for $1500-$2000 is an example of what I am comfortable with (Seven years $125k miles).

But maintenance for $8k? They can keep the Bronco!!!!! If it is going to cost $8000 or more, just to maintain the Bronco. FORD HAS FAILED!! They will go bankrupt because no one will buy from them with that kind of cost.

All of our vehicles (Including our 2017 BMW M X3) have never seen north of $5000 in seven years. In fact. Brand new brakes and rotors for that BMW just got quote at $1500 including a cabin filter and oil/filter change. Bringing its lifetime of maintenance expenses to $2714 in five years.

Maintenance is not a transmission or drive system or engine replacement,. That is warranty talk.
Yeah I guess it’s 3600 for 7 years but then adds the dent care 1295 paint shit 1295 and interior thing 1295. So added up over 84 months I’m like bro that’s ridiculous saying $1 over factory or whatever

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford’s premium maintenance does cover a lot that many plans don’t. It does cover brakes, shocks, spark plugs, accessory belt. How hard are you on brakes.
It covers a lot for sure. Just not sure about the price if that’s what makes sense me or all the extra stuff was need. I had a car previously for 5 years didn’t do anything but the typical maintenance

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prepaid maintenance is dumb. It makes no financial sense to pay a lump sum up front for something that you will only use periodically in the future, especially if you are financing it.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Prepaid maintenance is dumb. It makes no financial sense to pay a lump sum up front for something that you will only use periodically in the future, especially if you are financing it.
Well I apparently screwed myself with that one since i did finance. I can’t get that back or make my “payments” lower if I cancel it would just be more towards principle. I am fighting to get 4k back on the unnecessary celiac gel and paint stuff

Liquid_Todd~AZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These maintenance and warranty plans are also known as the bonus plans for the finance and sales people because they are marked up 50-70% and then rarely get used to the full value. That’s how they make their real money..... I am not saying they are worth it or not, that’s your choice, it’s your money and spend it how you like, you should just know where the cash flows.

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys,

I am curious did you buy the ford premium maintenance and no extended warranty? Is it worth it, or is it just outrageous? I think it’s like close to 8k but covers apparently everything…. Not knowing what could potentially happen with the bronco and how expensive parts can be.
I dont think I would buy the maintenance thing, but I am a warranty whore when it comes to vehicles.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

I am curious did you buy the ford premium maintenance and no extended warranty? Is it worth it, or is it just outrageous? I think it’s like close to 8k but covers apparently everything…. Not knowing what could potentially happen with the bronco and how expensive parts can be.
Go buy the factory Ford products at www.floodfordesp.com or one of the other online vendors. My 8 year 100K $50 deductible warranty cost $1955 with led light coverage, key coverage, and first day rental. The maintenance add on plan is around $2300 for the same term. I like doing my own oil changes at home, so I didn’t buy the maintenance program. If you know you will do the entire term and will use the dealer for all service the maintenance plan will save a few bucks. Most people don’t realize there are also wear items like brakes, clutch, shocks, etc. that are covered by the maintenance plan. A single clutch replacement will likely be more than half the cost of the plan.

Warranties are nothing but insurance. Some people like the peace of mind of insurance, others balk at spending the money. Warranties have more than paid their own way on my previous vehicles, so I but them for my personal vehicles. For the business fleet I manage the better move is to pay as we go. With a sample size over 100 and commercial extended warranties costing about $3000 each, I’m not seeing enough warranty repairs to justify the cost. There is a fleet warranty on power train to 5/100K, and we turn everything within that time, so extended warranty is really there for non powertrain repairs only.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go buy the factory Ford products at www.floodfordesp.com or one of the other online vendors. My 8 year 100K $50 deductible warranty cost $1955 with led light coverage, key coverage, and first day rental. The maintenance add on plan is around $2300 for the same term. I like doing my own oil changes at home, so I didn’t buy the maintenance program. If you know you will do the entire term and will use the dealer for all service the maintenance plan will save a few bucks. Most people don’t realize there are also wear items like brakes, clutch, shocks, etc. that are covered by the maintenance plan. A single clutch replacement will likely be more than half the cost of the plan.

Warranties are nothing but insurance. Some people like the peace of mind of insurance, others balk at spending the money. Warranties have more than paid their own way on my previous vehicles, so I but them for my personal vehicles. For the business fleet I manage the better move is to pay as we go. With a sample size over 100 and commercial extended warranties costing about $3000 each, I’m not seeing enough warranty repairs to justify the cost. There is a fleet warranty on power train to 5/100K, and we turn everything within that time, so extended warranty is really there for non powertrain repairs only.
Yeah I didn’t do the extended warranty. It was more of the premium care plan I thought could potentially be worth it being that it covered brakes, sensors, spark plugs and all the things that can add up. But he did it into my financing

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got an extended warranty, no maintenance plan. I can afford to pay for maintenance. I don’t want to pay for a new engine or transmission while I’m still making payments on the damn thing.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont think I would buy the maintenance thing, but I am a warranty whore when it comes to vehicles.
First time I’ve ever bought an extended warranty. I don’t trust Ford.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because that's what makes some of us feel more cozy at night after buying a $60,000 vehicle. A first year model no less, that has known issues no less. I have never bought one before, but I figured if I can spend $2,300 on a set of steps I can afford a warranty that may or may not ever get used.
I bet you don't believe in life insurance either.
Your quite right about not believing in life insurance either. Why would anyone buy something that is guaranteed to cost money 💰 that has no effective positive chances of producing returns on it’s investment.

Smart money is the elusive “peace of mind”.
To each his own.
Sponsored