Sponsored

Did you buy the Ford premium maintenance and no extended warranty?

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys,

I am curious did you buy the ford premium maintenance and no extended warranty? Is it worth it, or is it just outrageous? I think it’s like close to 8k but covers apparently everything…. Not knowing what could potentially happen with the bronco and how expensive parts can be.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm buying the extended warranty for 8 years and 100k miles with $100 deductible for $1690. Not quite sure why one would spend 8 grand on a maintenance plan. Never heard of anything like that. But what do I know? Maybe that's what people do.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm buying the extended warranty for 8 years and 100k miles with $100 deductible for $1690. Not quite sure why one would spend 8 grand on a maintenance plan. Never heard of anything like that. But what do I know? Maybe that's what people do.
Not quite sure why one would spend $1690 on a extended warranty.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys,

I am curious did you buy the ford premium maintenance and no extended warranty? Is it worth it, or is it just outrageous? I think it’s like close to 8k but covers apparently everything…. Not knowing what could potentially happen with the bronco and how expensive parts can be.
I did not buy the maintenance plan, but since the Bronco has so much electronic gadgetry, I bought an 8 yr 100,000 mi warranty for about $1,800 thru Anderson & Koch Ford (online).

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it’s a gamble on whether you will get your money’s worth. For my RAV4, when it was out of factory warranty I had to replace door actuators totaling about $2,000.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because that's what makes some of us feel more cozy at night after buying a $60,000 vehicle. A first year model no less, that has known issues no less. I have never bought one before, but I figured if I can spend $2,300 on a set of steps I can afford a warranty that may or may not ever get used.
I bet you don't believe in life insurance either.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The eternal question….to buy a warranty or not. I have bought the warranty on my 2011 F 150, and never used it. I base whether to buy a warranty on what the dealership offer is. If they cut me a deal on the warranty, then I most likely am in. On the other hand, I can take the cost of the warranty, and put it into an account specifically set up for any mechanical failure. It is simply a roll of the dice.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys,

Huh? a maintenance and wear contract should not cost anywhere even remotely near “8k”. It also definitely does NOT cover “everything”.

either you’ve been given some bad info or I’m not understanding what you are talking about.

a maintenance contract covers scheduled MAINTENANCE like oil changes, tire rotations, air& cabin filters, wiper blades, etc.

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't waste your $ on an extended warranty waste of money. I researched this extensively, only 15 percent of people who buy the extended warranty use it. SAVE YOUR MONEY. I wasted my money on 2 of them .Never again will I buy 1.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it’s a gamble on whether you will get your money’s worth. For my RAV4, when it was out of factory warranty I had to replace door actuators totaling about $2,000.
It's not that it's a gamble, it's not. With today's cars, you are buying a significant amount of technology. If you can afford $180/hr of labor for an auto technician to investigate electronic gremlins that may cause problems, then you don't need a warranty. It's not about mechanical issues, it's about electronic issues that are not necessarily easy to diagnose and fix. I'll pay to fix door actuators out of pocket any day of the week compared with the cost of diagnosing electronic gremlins.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huh? a maintenance and wear contract should not cost anywhere even remotely near “8k”. It also definitely does NOT cover “everything”.

either you’ve been given some bad info or I’m not understanding what you are talking about.

a maintenance contract covers scheduled MAINTENANCE like oil changes, tire rotations, air& cabin filters, wiper blades, etc.
Well it covers brakes, all sensors, plugs and many more things I have a list of over 500 things for a deductible of $100 then free oil changes and tune ups, filters the normal “maintenance”. And dent care for 7 years. It separate from the extended warranty.

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$8k maintenance plan is a "Self imposed" ADM. Very bad idea. You would have more success playing the lottery with that $8k over the next seven years and needing it on your vehicle.

Better yet. Invest that $8k and smile all the way to a 15-20% compounding interest during the same period.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$8k maintenance plan is a "Self imposed" ADM. Very bad idea. You would have more success playing the lottery with that $8k over the next seven years and needing it on your vehicle.

Better yet. Invest that $8k and smile all the way to a 15-20% compounding interest during the same period.
%100 agreed. Its not locked in to terms so can cancel whenever. It more for me for the thing that “could go wrong” like the more expensive things than the basic maintenance. Especially being a new car that have been around for awhile and not a cheap car. Trying to figure out the best thing.

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

%100 agreed. Its not locked in to terms so can cancel whenever. It more for me for the thing that “could go wrong” like the more expensive things than the basic maintenance. Especially being a new car that have been around for awhile and not a cheap car. Trying to figure out the best thing.
For clarity... Maintenance is not the same as warranty repair. I certainly am not assuming you are blurring the two. But I feel better saying something.

I am a believer in reasonable "Insurance" or transfer of risk for an agreeable amount of $$.

A fully decked out warranty for $1500-$2000 is an example of what I am comfortable with (Seven years $125k miles).

But maintenance for $8k? They can keep the Bronco!!!!! If it is going to cost $8000 or more, just to maintain the Bronco. FORD HAS FAILED!! They will go bankrupt because no one will buy from them with that kind of cost.

All of our vehicles (Including our 2017 BMW M X3) have never seen north of $5000 in seven years. In fact. Brand new brakes and rotors for that BMW just got quote at $1500 including a cabin filter and oil/filter change. Bringing its lifetime of maintenance expenses to $2714 in five years.

Maintenance is not a transmission or drive system or engine replacement,. That is warranty talk.
Sponsored