Sponsored

Did you buy the Ford premium maintenance and no extended warranty?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I apparently screwed myself with that one since i did finance. I can’t get that back or make my “payments” lower if I cancel it would just be more towards principle. I am fighting to get 4k back on the unnecessary celiac gel and paint stuff
Dealers try to make it seem like you won't be able to afford an oil change two years down the road unless you buy their plan. It's a big scam. They get your money up front and you likely won't use all of the "free shit" that you've already paid for. Unfortunately they push this fear onto women even harder. Tell them you changed your mind and you don't want it. If they say no, throw a brick through their front window.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh? a maintenance and wear contract should not cost anywhere even remotely near “8k”. It also definitely does NOT cover “everything”.

either you’ve been given some bad info or I’m not understanding what you are talking about.

a maintenance contract covers scheduled MAINTENANCE like oil changes, tire rotations, air& cabin filters, wiper blades, etc.
It also means you're more likely bringing it to the dealer for maintenance. That might be good for some, but for me, it's too far away and the wait times are too long.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it covers brakes, all sensors, plugs and many more things I have a list of over 500 things for a deductible of $100 then free oil changes and tune ups, filters the normal “maintenance”. And dent care for 7 years. It separate from the extended warranty.
When does Ford say the plugs will need replacing? MIne are still good on a '13 jeep. They're a pain to get at so as long as it running good, there's no point in changing them.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When does Ford say the plugs will need replacing? MIne are still good on a '13 jeep. They're a pain to get at so as long as it running good, there's no point in changing them.
Not until 100,000 miles in most cases, along with the coolant.
If you have the 2.7 engine, then at about 100K is when both the turbos will fail and you're out the $6K to replace them both. Based on the turbo failures on F150's that is.

Swinging that much lumber, you're going to get callouses. Us poor bastards and the 2.3 won't have that issue.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the 2.7 engine, then at about 100K is when both the turbos will fail and you're out the $6K to replace them both. Based on the turbo failures on F150's that is.

Swinging that much lumber, you're going to get callouses. Us poor bastards and the 2.3 won't have that issue.
First vehicle with turbos for me. I’ve been uncertain about my 2.7 choice. I figure I’ll swap it for an electric when possible.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just remember, you have 3 years 36 months to purchase a factory extended warranty. I wouldn’t do it during the initial sale.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never paid over $2K for an extended full warranty that even covers road rash on wheels and more. These were for BMWs and most recently a Range Rover Sport, all were purchased new.

No way in hell I’d pay anywhere near this for a warranty on a damn Ford. The so called gadgetry in the Bronco is absolutely primitive compared to that found in any vehicle from Germany.

Don’t let these dealerships absolutely fleece you gentlemen. A reasonable extended warranty that is a full 8 years from the day the original Warranty ends would be a good purchase if less than $1500. Remember that these warranties can be negotiated.

Having some piece of mind does have a value, but it all depends on your liquidity of cash. So, I highly doubt a Bronco would ever have a $1500 repair unless something really went wrong which most likely would be covered under the original warranty, so think about that first.

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I apparently screwed myself with that one since i did finance. I can’t get that back or make my “payments” lower if I cancel it would just be more towards principle. I am fighting to get 4k back on the unnecessary celiac gel and paint stuff

If it’s through Ford, I’m pretty sure you should be able to cancel and they will mail you a refund check pro-rated or full amount if fairly recent. (minus any claims/work they already paid out).

At least that is my experience with Ford Ext Warranty. I’m pretty sure same applies for maintenance plans.

Call ford directly and ask about options. I’m not sure how they calculate any dealer markup on the plans.

Maybe a dealer on the forum could offer some insight.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never paid over $2K for an extended full warranty that even covers road rash on wheels and more. These were for BMWs and most recently a Range Rover Sport, all were purchased new.

No way in hell I’d pay anywhere near this for a warranty on a damn Ford. The so called gadgetry in the Bronco is absolutely primitive compared to that found in any vehicle from Germany.

Don’t let these dealerships absolutely fleece you gentlemen. A reasonable extended warranty that is a full 8 years from the day the original Warranty ends would be a good purchase if less than $1500. Remember that these warranties can be negotiated.

Having some piece of mind does have a value, but it all depends on your liquidity of cash. So, I highly doubt a Bronco would ever have a $1500 repair unless something really went wrong which most likely would be covered under the original warranty, so think about that first.
Warranties are purchased to cover when something really goes wrong. Statistically one individual may luck out and get a problem free vehicle, but with N=1 the sample size is too small to count on it. Replacing the 12” screen in my Badlands would probably cost $2K after the 3/36 warranty expires. In our work fleet of 100+ trucks I can use statistics to justify not buying warranties. I pay some large repair bills for things that could’ve been extended warranty, but at the end of the day we save 60-70% over buying warranties.

Since Chrysler discontinued their lifetime powertrain warranty, I haven’t seen any OEM offering warranties that don’t start on the in service date. Toyota goes out to 10 years and 125K miles for about $1500 on a Tacoma or Camry if you buy from a well priced online dealer. Some aftermarket warranties start at the end of the factory warranty, but in my shopping for my VW Touareg TDI they wanted $1200 per 12 months or 12K miles.

Ford ESP plans are usually marked up 50-100% by dealers, yes you can negotiate those. Flood Ford and the other online warranty dealerships are doing them for about $400 over their high volume cost, which is cheaper than cost at a low volume dealership. Mine on the Bronco was $1955 with options and a low deductible. With a higher deductible and skipping the options I could’ve been out the door for under $1300. I’m making the bet that my truck will have between 3 and 6 events covered by the warranty by the 8/100K term, hence the $50 deductible. Waiting until the end of the bumper to bumper warranty adds $100 to the cost, and I bought in before a price increase in January. I saved about $280 buying now rather than buying in 2.5 years.

I could pay for any repairs out of pocket, but in my experience I have always more than recouped my cost back from the extended warranties on my last 5 vehicles where I bought coverage. On my German cars the cost was usually recouped in the first repair. First year vehicle full of archaic tech that will probably break, a removable hardtop made of epoxy impregnated tissue paper, a new design manual transmission, and a direct injection turbocharged engine; yes I’ll take the bet that the warranty will pay out more than $1955 in 8 years.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't waste your $ on an extended warranty waste of money. I researched this extensively, only 15 percent of people who buy the extended warranty use it. SAVE YOUR MONEY. I wasted my money on 2 of them .Never again will I buy 1.
So…I bought everything. Maintenance plan (4 oil changes/year) and bumper to bumper for the life of the car. I think it was all-in 5k. Honestly I plan on owning it forever.
Now…why do this? (beyond what I mentioned above) well my engine just blew. I am going through the buyback program as we speak to understand my options…but just say I keep the car, I have bumper to bumper forever!
I think it is so worth it….especially if you plan to keep it.

baozebub

Black Diamond
First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I paid $2k for 5 years 75k miles maintenance. It’s protection from inflation. If prices don’t rise over the next 5 years, I will probably come out even or ahead. If prices do rise, I come out way ahead.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maintenance makes no sense to me, as I drive very little per year. If I need one oil exchange a year I've been busy, I'd never ever have the need for 4. If I'd be a traveling salesman it might make more sense, but then I'd not buy a gas guzzling Bronco, so...

The extended warranty I might buy before my 3 year runs out. I figured since I drive so little day to day I'm just gonna wait and see how these hold up, most Broncos '21 will have way more miles on them than mine every year. So if I see a lot of expensive issues showing up, I'll buy the extended from one of the online dealers. Since all warranties start on day one of ownership, I'm actually not quite sure why anyone would buy these the day of delivery. I think they go slightly up in price over time/miles, but with the big discounts online that really is not an issue.

I was amused looking at that sheet of options, I could have easily spent almost $10k on nebulous 'what if' things right then and there. No thanks.

Try and see if you can get that refunded unless you do a lot of driving every year, maybe then you'll come out even.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers try to make it seem like you won't be able to afford an oil change two years down the road unless you buy their plan. It's a big scam. They get your money up front and you likely won't use all of the "free shit" that you've already paid for. Unfortunately they push this fear onto women even harder. Tell them you changed your mind and you don't want it. If they say no, throw a brick through their front window.
Yeah he said he’s “going to bat” for me tomorrow to see if he can remove some options that he originally said he threw in with the ESP. I’m just trying to figure out how it works if I haven’t paid anything yet and he put it into my finance loan
Sponsored