Sponsored

Difference between the two "upgraded" bash plates options?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I searched but couldn't find anything. I would have thought this had been asked. On the WT which comes with Sas package, you can still select upgraded Bash Plate for $395 over the upgraded steel bash plate. I figured Sas would already have the highest quality armor. The exclamation point didn't have any info. What's the difference between the 2 "upgraded" bash plates?

Screenshot_20201027-113736~2.jpg
Sponsored

mrf_pa

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford wording leaves a lot of room for imagination, but I took it to mean that the upgraded bash plates would include the transmission and transfer-case skid plates in addition to the front plate.

But, I searched the forums and could not find confirmation of this.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford wording leaves a lot of room for imagination, but I took it to mean that the upgraded bash plates would include the transmission and transfer-case skid plates in addition to the front plate.

But, I searched the forums and could not find confirmation of this.
Best I could guess as well, since the one does say "Front".

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just asked the same thing in a new post. Hadnā€™t seen this one. Thereā€™s no real description for either of them. The picture is basically the same, just at a different angle on a different rig.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My understanding as well...there are basically 3 "versions"

Standard FRONT that comes on all broncos
Upgraded FRONT that comes with the Modular Bumper (Stronger)
Bash Plates (comes standard or BD & BL) and is the undercarriage plates for key areas. Otherwise, you don't get any(?).

Sponsored

mrf_pa

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Although I haven't seen the skid/bash plates for the Bronco in person, it looks like the upgraded front plate with the steel modular bumper has some heft to it. From past experience (on my F150s) the factory skid plates on the transmissions and transfer casing are typically not as good as aftermarket plates (which can be either aluminum or a thicker gauge steel). The factory ones are fine for beach running or light trails, but I wouldn't rely on them for stump jumping or serious rock crawling.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Full vehicle steel bash plates (61L)

Thatā€™s an option on the Wildtrak. So does this mean that the Bronco doesnā€™t come with any bash/skid plates or are these upgraded from the standard plates?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Full vehicle steel bash plates (61L)

Thatā€™s an option on the Wildtrak. So does this mean that the Bronco doesnā€™t come with any bash/skid plates or are these upgraded from the standard plates?
I'm taking it the bash plates you get if you upgrade to the Optional Bumper. Sort of like 35" are optional, but as part of Sasquatch. Still unknown if there are any bash besides the front.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm taking it the bash plates you get if you upgrade to the Optional Bumper. Sort of like 35" are optional, but as part of Sasquatch. Still unknown if there are any bash besides the front.
But that one specifically says full vehicle steel bash plates. If you select it you must get the steel front bumper. But if you select the steel bumper first, it comes with the front steel bash plate. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a standard front steel bash plate. But Iā€™d like to think that there are thinner, maybe aluminum, bash plates already on the rig. ???

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I havenā€™t found any visuals of the undercarriage plates either.

Sponsored

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up my BL Bronco with ā€œfull bash platesā€. Was shocked to see there is a huge gap between the engine plate and the one covering the drive shaft. This wonā€™t work! If you slide over a rock on the front plate the rig could get hung up on the gap.

D7DBCD98-C9EE-4C84-96D5-0A6DE252523A.jpeg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just picked up my BL Bronco with ā€œfull bash platesā€. Was shocked to see there is a huge gap between the engine plate and the one covering the drive shaft. This wonā€™t work! If you slide over a rock on the front plate the rig could get hung up on the gap.

Ford Bronco Difference between the two "upgraded" bash plates options? D7DBCD98-C9EE-4C84-96D5-0A6DE252523A
I don't think it was ever intended to be a full belly coverage. But that transfer case shield is the one that I need I believe for my WT.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think it was ever intended to be a full belly coverage. But that transfer case shield is the one that I need I believe for my WT.
If you find a PN for the transfer case shield only, or an aftermarket supplier please post!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Difference between the two "upgraded" bash plates options? D7DBCD98-C9EE-4C84-96D5-0A6DE252523A
VIN? 2d or 4d?
Sponsored