First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe change to a 4 door soft top and hope it gets picked up quick?
Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just found out that my 2014 Ford escape needs a new engine. My wife and I share this car and were planning on trading it in when the Bronco comes.
Ironically, I had a 7 year extended warranty that ended in July and now 3 months later this happens. Originally, like most people I thought I would get the Bronco in the spring or summer of 21'. With the prices of used cars nowadays, I am trying to figure out whether to have my car fixed or try to buy something to hold me over.
I have a 7/26/20 reservation on a 2 door.
Any thoughts?
First off, ignore the ignorant that immediately assume that you didn't take care of of it. The 1.6 has had it's share of issues when properly cared for. Because of that, there's a fair chance that Ford will help you considering the mileage. I would collect as many records as you can if it wasn't dealer serviced.

As far as value in replacing the motor, I'd say the vehicle has little or no value as it sits, so let vehicle condition answer the question of is it worth replacing the motor. If you choose an engine repair, I would strongly suggest a new engine assembly, not just a replacement head etc.... With the new engine, I would guess that the truck (in good condition) is worth (at least)$7500.

For those seeing this, if you choose the $50 oil change at your Ford dealer as a means of regular service, you're helping yourself in situations like this. It's not far off from the cost of oil and a good filter, and when you factor fordpass points etc, it's probably cheaper (than you changing with the proper oil & filter) Also, avoid quick change oil change outlets.

OP
OP
MBLANCHARD

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is ford willing to help up out?
Yes! I have been working with Ford and they have stepped up and are helping out significantly. I am very happy with their support and relieved. I will be getting the car fixed as this now makes the most sense.

OP
OP
MBLANCHARD

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, ignore the ignorant that immediately assume that you didn't take care of of it. The 1.6 has had it's share of issues when properly cared for. Because of that, there's a fair chance that Ford will help you considering the mileage. I would collect as many records as you can if it wasn't dealer serviced.

As far as value in replacing the motor, I'd say the vehicle has little or no value as it sits, so let vehicle condition answer the question of is it worth replacing the motor. If you choose an engine repair, I would strongly suggest a new engine assembly, not just a replacement head etc.... With the new engine, I would guess that the truck (in good condition) is worth (at least)$7500.

For those seeing this, if you choose the $50 oil change at your Ford dealer as a means of regular service, you're helping yourself in situations like this. It's not far off from the cost of oil and a good filter, and when you factor fordpass points etc, it's probably cheaper (than you changing with the proper oil & filter) Also, avoid quick change oil change outlets.

Thanks. And yes, I had mentioned earlier in the thread that I took this in for regular service as it was under warranty. Never missed an oil change.
It's definitely worth replacing the engine now with Fords help. Plus there will be a 3 year warranty.
Appreciate the support.
Sponsored