Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've updated the first post with this informaiton:

The benefit of the program is for those that want to roll the accessories into their financing or do not want to install the accessory themselves. Some accessories like splash guards or a roof basket can easily be a DIY install, others, like a performance tune, have to be done by the dealer to keep your Bronco under warranty.*

When you consider the difference between the two, consider the price you will be paying. As an example, purchased as an accessory, splash guards for the Explorer are $160. Buy them at MSRP through parts department they are only $100. You can see the additional $60 is the amount Ford will pay the dealer to do the installation.*

Ford's current accessories website can give you an idea of some accessories and pricing, for example, look up either the Ranger or F-150.*
Ford Accessories website

(*Updated with information provided by member responses)
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone know right offhand that the Xplan percentage off on accessories is? 5%, 10%?
Not trying to add posts to an already long thread, just a curiosity question more than anything. Maybe the savings will somewhat offset the installation price...
I'm sure I could do research and find out, but am at work and don't want to spend TOO much time on the interwebs... Can't pay for a Bronc if I am fired! :rolleyes:
@Granger Ford has posted this information previously. Albert, does the 6% apply to Accessories or is it something else?
3% below invoice is cost with holdback...
6% on options...

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know right offhand that the Xplan percentage off on accessories is? 5%, 10%?
Not trying to add posts to an already long thread, just a curiosity question more than anything. Maybe the savings will somewhat offset the installation price...
I'm sure I could do research and find out, but am at work and don't want to spend TOO much time on the interwebs... Can't pay for a Bronc if I am fired! :rolleyes:
4%

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NayNay, since your a dealer can you please tell us?
I have not been able to read the entire thread but from what I think I am understanding is the scare that added items may delay the Bronco being made and on time. The other thing I think I am seeing is dealer installed accessories possibly not arriving with the Bronco when people place their order. Before I stick my foot into my mouth, is this correct? If not let me know what the questions are and I will help. Keep in mind my answer will be an honest one and may not be what people WANT to hear.....

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not been able to read the entire thread but from what I think I am understanding is the scare that added items may delay the Bronco being made and on time. The other thing I think I am seeing is dealer installed accessories possibly not arriving with the Bronco when people place their order. Before I stick my foot into my mouth, is this correct? If not let me know what the questions are and I will help. Keep in mind my answer will be an honest one and may not be what people WANT to hear.....
Those were my questions. I think there was also another on how X plan and dealer discounts work toward DIO's.

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are eight Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD) across the U.S., your dealer would be signed up with at least one of them. The risk is they are out of stock on one of your accessories when your Bronco is ready, just have your distant dealer refund the price and buy it at a later time when it becomes available.

1601553018919.png
In that scenario, I haven’t signed a contract yet (it’s still just an order) so I don’t see any way to get a refund. The order would have to be adjusted to remove the accessory and the labor credit for the dealership removed from the deal as well. Sounds gnarly and prone to delays and mistakes. I’m still not persuaded they’ve got all these scenarios thought out. We need Ford to specifically address this scenario before we go crazy with accessories. Details, details. Or maybe they are OK with us going crazy on the accessories because that’s more money in their pocket — even though it may mean delays, mistakes, and a lot of unhappy customers. Fingers crossed.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've updated the first post with this informaiton:
True, but I understand the dealer gets paid the "Ford" rate which is less than retail rate. So if it's $100 value and normally $60 install fee but the Ford rate is $50... Then you would pay $150 basically. So it is a pretty good cost savings as well. Now if dealer agrees to invoice price, it's looking really good!

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those were my questions. I think there was also another on how X plan and dealer discounts work toward DIO's.
Ok so when a vehicle is built whatever you added as a dealer installed option (DIO) normally it will arrive separately from the factory as it is an accessory and not part of the vehicle, and it does show on the vehicle invoice...... Ford motor company sets aside funds to have the dealership install that item when they do their PDI (pre delivery inspection) and get paid for it. All that said we rarely if ever see an item not arrive with or before the ordered vehicle but if it was to happen you can ask your dealer what their plan would be. Most items will arrive prior to the vehicle and be set aside for installation. This way we have a chance to inspect it 1st.

Part 2, if it is on the invoice then it is part of the pricing and goes with X-Plan.

Let me know if you need further clarification on anything.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but I understand the dealer gets paid the "Ford" rate which is less than retail rate. So if it's $100 value and normally $60 install fee but the Ford rate is $50... Then you would pay $150 basically. So it is a pretty good cost savings as well. Now if dealer agrees to invoice price, it's looking really good!
Invoice and installation are separate things. Please keep that in mind. Sorry i know this wasn't directed to me.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You boiled that down correctly @NayNay

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Invoice and installation are separate things. Please keep that in mind. Sorry i know this wasn't directed to me.
I believe for the Bronco it would be rolled into the price. The customer doesn't pay the dealer for install. Ford is paying. And Ford isn't going to pay the dealer without the customer paying Ford. Consider you purchase an accessory that costs $50 but install cost is $40... Ford isn't going to have net revenue of $10 after paying dealer to install, they're going to charge you $90...Not sure they have done something like this before.