Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, so I’m not reading all 15 pages. I’m just gonna ask. In the bronco sport section it says “all options late availability “ Is anyone else worried that these parts won’t be available when we get our Broncos? Will they be ordered then we will have to go back to dealer to get them all installed for free at a later date. My biggest concern is that slide out table in the back will not be available right away and it might slow my build.
My interpretation of that post is that Ford is stressing this DIO FAD (really Ford? Could you come up with anything worse for an acronym?) On the Sports as a test for the 2/4 doors.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so I’m not reading all 15 pages. I’m just gonna ask. In the bronco sport section it says “all options late availability “ Is anyone else worried that these parts won’t be available when we get our Broncos? Will they be ordered then we will have to go back to dealer to get them all installed for free at a later date. My biggest concern is that slide out table in the back will not be available right away and it might slow my build.

There are things like that in the Bronco Sport models for some time now and it has different rear panels for it so to get it there is a wait...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like others, I am curious to see what the accessories are and what the prices are. But...worst case, the build and price will be full-on Bronco tetris! :unsure:
Right now, I'd settle for the accessories list, even without pricing so I can get an idea if there will be anything I want to add.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Warn Winch, yep like the looks of that on the my Bad Lands' Modular Steel Bumper.

Cyclekid

Black Diamond
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1990 Bronco ii, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nothing like paying an interest percentage and on accessories for however long you finance your Bronco for! I'll buy my accessories outright so I'm not stuck paying monthly for them. This is very smart of Ford but not very smart if you can't truly afford to buy the accessories with cash. Now day's everyone loves paying for stuff over and over again

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current plan is to participate in a group-negotiated deal that will result in my purchasing a Bronco from some dealership potentially several hours away from me.

With that plan in mind, my initial reaction to the DIO approach is that I will likely order *fewer* accessories (or possibly *none*). I doubt this is what either Ford or dealerships want.

I base the above approach on:

1) fear/concern that accessorizing will result in a delay in delivery and/or,
2) the potential requirement that I wind up having to return my Bronco to a dealership that is hours away from me for dealer installation of accessories at a later date and/or,
3) the requirement for me to pick up accessories from a dealership several hours away from me at a later date and then installing them myself (which may mean I essentially paid for labor that I wound up performing myself).

To summarize, I will likely act to avoid the scenarios above by opting to NOT accessorize during the build/order process.

NOTE: Sure, I’ll listen, pay attention, and hope to be persuaded that accessorizing won‘t subject me to the scenarios described above. Fingers crossed.

#firstworldproblems

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My current plan is to participate in a group-negotiated deal that will result in my purchasing a Bronco from some dealership potentially several hours away from me.

With that plan in mind, my initial reaction to the DIO approach is that I will likely order *fewer* accessories (or possibly *none*). I doubt this is what either Ford or dealerships want.

I base the above approach on:

1) fear/concern that accessorizing will result in a delay in delivery and/or,
2) the potential requirement that I wind up having to return my Bronco to a dealership that is hours away from me for dealer installation of accessories at a later date and/or,
3) the requirement for me to pick up accessories from a dealership several hours away from me at a later date and then installing them myself (which may mean I essentially paid for labor that I wound up performing myself).

To summarize, I will likely act to avoid the scenarios above by opting to NOT accessorize during the build/order process.

NOTE: Sure, I’ll listen, pay attention, and hope to be persuaded that accessorizing won‘t subject me to the scenarios described above. Fingers crossed.

#firstworldproblems
The accessories should be sitting in your dealers stock room with the VIN on them before the Bronco shows up. If you have X plan, it will likely cost less in the long run to order them with the vehicle.

Sponsored

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The accessories should be sitting in your dealers stock room with the VIN on them before the Bronco shows up. If you have X plan, it will likely cost less in the long run to order them with the vehicle.
I hope you are correct. I‘m just nervous that some accessories may not be available when the Bronco is and don’t yet understand how that scenario would be handled — especially for those that are several hours away (and, perhaps, several States away) from our chosen dealership. I do hope to see something definitive to allay my concerns. If I persist in my strategy to not finance accessories, I will/may, at worst, pay more for accessories and installation in the long run but have a smaller note, a smaller payment, and pay less in interest. Either way isn’t too bad, I guess. We will see. Good problem to have. Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But do they dare have stock on hand? That is the "big risk".
I hope you are correct. I‘m just nervous that some accessories may not be available when the Bronco is and don’t yet understand how that scenario would be handled
There are eight Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD) across the U.S., your dealer would be signed up with at least one of them. The risk is they are out of stock on one of your accessories when your Bronco is ready, just have your distant dealer refund the price and buy it at a later time when it becomes available.

Ford Bronco DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer 1601553018919

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know right offhand that the Xplan percentage off on accessories is? 5%, 10%?
Not trying to add posts to an already long thread, just a curiosity question more than anything. Maybe the savings will somewhat offset the installation price...
I'm sure I could do research and find out, but am at work and don't want to spend TOO much time on the interwebs... Can't pay for a Bronc if I am fired! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

the installation cost is in the price, for example we do a lot of the Explorer splash guards that retail at $160, to buy them MSRP through parts is $100, leaving $60 for install (which Ford pays the dealer)
Thank you for the example, I have updated the first post with that information.
Sponsored