David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F350, 2021 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was finally able to place boy order yesterday. The dealership tells me that I can't order the winch, pod lights or Bimini top but will have to wait and order them at a later time. These options were all available on the Ford website builder. Has anyone been successful in getting type of accessories/options added to the dealer order?
Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I was finally able to place boy order yesterday. The dealership tells me that I can't order the winch, pod lights or Bimini top but will have to wait and order them at a later time. These options were all available on the Ford website builder. Has anyone been successful in getting type of accessories/options added to the dealer order?
I was able to order the Bimini top with my original order.

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer told me the same thing on pod lights and Sunrider top.
I find it hard to believe that Ford wants... what is it... $1,300 for the Sunrider top? That's crazy. I got a Sunrider for the wife's Jeep 2 years ago, I think it ran me around $600 or $700. I would absolutely wait for aftermarket on that one.

Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm confused about why you would buy a Sunrider top for the Bronco seeing that the roof panels can just be taken off and you get the same effect. Seems like alot of money to replace a removable top with a fold back top.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FYI I don't think Ford prices include the install on DIO. From what I understand dealers are still waiting on the install hour quotes from Ford to put together pricing sheets on those so I think adding them has to wait for that.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find it hard to believe that Ford wants... what is it... $1,300 for the Sunrider top? That's crazy. I got a Sunrider for the wife's Jeep 2 years ago, I think it ran me around $600 or $700. I would absolutely wait for aftermarket on that one.
Jeep twill Sunrider is $950.00 installed. So Ford is getting about $350.00 more. Not sure if these will be available aftermarket. Their rep told me Ford owns the rights to these.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused about why you would buy a Sunrider top for the Bronco seeing that the roof panels can just be taken off and you get the same effect. Seems like alot of money to replace a removable top with a fold back top.
It's mostly paying for the ease of just flipping the Sunrider open as opposed to removing the panels and stashing them and then need to reinstall them later. If you're making multiple stops and don't want to leave the roof open, that quickly turns into a PITA.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to order the Bimini top with my original order.
I could not order the Bimini. Apparently it was not in the system. So it's on a sidenote to add later.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer assured me that the DIO items are in my build but will not show up on the preview order. I'm not worried about them getting done at delivery, either way.

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Jeep twill Sunrider is $950.00 installed. So Ford is getting about $350.00 more. Not sure if these will be available aftermarket. Their rep told me Ford owns the rights to these.
Jeep Sunrider: I must've found it somewhere else or on sale, I paid around $700 I believe. And it's easy enough to install. So, for me, if I want a Sunrider, I'll wait. Ford definitely asking a premium.

Same goes for the tow package, but I'm paying the $600 to have Ford install it. Mostly because I plan to tow from day 1 and don't feel like waiting for aftermarket to put something out there. Then again, by the time I get my Bronco, the aftermarket might be flooded with tow kits for $100+.

Ford Bronco DIO 1615410576119

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you're married you'd understand. I tried having that discussion with the wife, it is her Jeep after all. Spending the money easier than fighting the fight. ;)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer told me the same thing on pod lights and Sunrider top.
BestTop has a service now where they will come to your house/work to install it. No dealer trying to figure out the aftermarket part.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting, assuming it is the same for all mfgs as it is for that parts company @618TRVLWILD had links to, was "after the first 100 units were sold". So what's that? 2 hours after the first week of June?
Sponsored