Sponsored

DIODE DYNAMICS REVERSE KITS | Coming Soon!

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw where you said you were planning on offering a plug and play kit for BD lights. Can we order the Plug and Play wiring separately or will you only be offering that with the purchase of one of the light kits? I have some extra S2's laying around and would like to cheap out if possible. That being said the backlighting on the DD lights is nice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw where you said you were planning on offering a plug and play kit for BD lights. Can we order the Plug and Play wiring separately or will you only be offering that with the purchase of one of the light kits? I have some extra S2's laying around and would like to cheap out if possible. That being said the backlighting on the DD lights is nice.
Only as part of the kit for now

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone install this kit yet? The specs of the C1 Pro and C2 Pro look very close on the DD website and I'm stuck between the two. I was wondering if anyone has some light output pictures? Thank you

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the Diode Dynamics reverse kit, there is an optional upfitter connector in the kit you can utilize. It's not long enough to go under the chasis (like our harness is) so you'll actually run this on the passenger side to the rear pass-through wire. Behind the rear seat on the passenger side, against the shell of the truck (behind the plastic panel) is a wire Ford left you. This wire runs under the passenger front foot-well/fuse area where there are a few of them left actually. Just look for the same color. This is a pass-through wire (just runs within the truck). Within that same bundle are other wires that run INTO the engine bay and are left against your driver side firewall (by the powered upfitters).

You'll basically run the diode upfitter portion to the rear pass-through. Then in the front footwell you'll connect this pass-through wire to ANOTHER pass-through (which goes into the engine bay). And then in the engine bay connect that pass-through to a POWERED upfitter.

I actually did this on my own Bronco to save time running a wire (although honestly, it's a little easier to run a wire under the frame of the truck I find then trying to access that rear upfitter, as they don't give you a lot of slack, and the same for the pass-throughs in the footwell).
I know it’s an old thread…but maybe this can help others.

I had bought the SSC2 lights from you and ordered the Bronco DD4233 harness kit from DD, since I am mounting them inside my bumper.

As I’m reviewing the instructions, I had a couple Questions about amperage draw using unpowered/non-relayed Bronco adapter DD4133 kit. Using a new set is SSC2 backlit pros.

First, the “reverse” light wire that powers the fog lights is comes directly from oem circuit. The main SSC2 Pro beams show to pull 2 amps each per specs. Can the oem circuit safely power that much more power?

The backlight seems nominal at 0.06 amp each. And I’m not worried about the optional upfitter wire, since it is relayed.

Second, the description of the harness on the DD website says 10 amp fuse…which is why I had assumed it was a relayed kit. I do not see any fuse in the kit or the instructions.

Seems to me the proper way to supply power to these fog lights is from a dedicated relayed power source, triggering off the “reverse” wire that comes from the oem harness passthrough. Maybe even a second relay for the backlight..but that may be a wash considering the relay trigger draw.

Have you had any issues/concerns with yours.

I, too, plan to add a trailer hitch kit from Curt with also taps into oem rear light harnesses (R and L) to provide relayed power to the trailer plug.

This up is a common kit, but it would also add nominal load the to the oem circuit for the “relay triggers” of their relay board.

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/56468

Thanks for any/all info.
Sponsored