Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep- and you posted it at the time. That make two Ford Reps providing bad info. Still don’t get Ford having to adjust the Base model 4 door MSRP. That’s a number they should have gotten right from the start as it only comes standard with the 10sp auto. I mean how do you not get that number correct.
Wow, I just went to check that out. They sure did!
It was about a $5k increase from 2dr to 4dr ..... now it's $6300 they've decided to jack you for the auto tranny also, which as you said, has been mandatory in the 4 door since day 1.

I think they may have realized they screwed the pooch on Base pricing.
The base Base 4dr price is now only $1100 less than the base Big Bend price.... with a manual!!! LOL

If they raise the Base 2 door, they will probably face a terrible backlash.
That 5k jump from Base to BB is killing a lot of deals, especially since you can't do manual & Mid pkg. Paying 5k+ to get to Big Bend/ Black Diamond and not get mid makes nearly no sense. At least Black Diamond includes some offroad goodies.

Just from a value point of view, I'm at the limit on any model. They keep fucking around and I'll cruise something else for at least a few years until the sales from competition get the price/value back in line.

It's not the total cost, at the start, I was prepared to be around 50 to 52k, now it's just that I don't feel I'm getting my 50k worth at that point. Seems like a lot of guys are happy to be there.
I am not.
Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the SEMA Nights Q&A with Cristy Lee, Ford Global Program Manager, Jeff Seaman says "The Automatic Transmission is standard with the High Package, at the 18:04 mark. One would assume there would be no additional charge for an automatic transmission if you purchase the High or Lux Package? But neither the High or Lux Package lists an automatic transmission as part of those packages. Obviously, that was a lie! (A la Maury Povich) ?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. Doesn't matter what was said or who said it. The B&P is a draft tool to aid in your decision until you place your order at which time you can say 'Yep, let's do this' or 'Nope, I'm out.' Until then, y'all are working yourselves up for nothing.
Unless you used the B&P for a reason to make your reservation and deposit.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m looking!! It’s somewhere on my computer.

I also very clearly remember a 2 person Q/A with Jon Melton and Esteban. They sat in chairs with a white backdrop and answered questions about the B&P. It was right after B&P release. I searched youtube and Instagram. Couldn’t find it.

:unsure:(n) ... perhaps the price was adjusted now after Ford people have swept the web of tweets and videos being reposted to finally be confident that they can say the price was never said by them to be real.

All the "... I remember a Levine tweet this, or a video this", these have probably been cleansed in some way ... if they can be found, then that'll be something wouldn't it.

Imagine the ? that'll be.

Imagine if the bloated number Ford has stated for their reservations was made by a load of casuals that reserved on a whim; if news were to come out of (even more) big shenanigans, perhaps casuals would be less inclined to convert an order.

... distance your casual and enthusiat groups of customers :cool:? good one Ford.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If something is too good to be true it is and some of us have been saying that for a long time. Ford is incompetent communication wise.

B&P is just a tool to play with it. It's not meant to be the 100% price ordering book. They all have this disclosure

Screenshot_20201224-215715.png

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again, if you're unhappy, cancel, get your money back and tell Ford to stick it. There's plenty of other options out there and you aren't married to the Bronco.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received a direct question from Mike Levine in Twitter where he asked me about the specific link where Ford Bronco Brand Manager Esteban Plaza-Jennings was asked in the Live Q&A if the 2.7 V6/Auto Price was correct where his exact words were "Yes, its true and its a steal". Now I do remember hearing Mr. Jennings say that but I cannot find the exact link. I was hoping to get some help so I can send a response to Mr. Levine........Thanks.
Ford Bronco Direct Question From Mike Levine Screenshot_20201224-215715
I remember it on a Q&A that it was a steal.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

The Bronco B&P does look like the same pages that you can order your Ranger, Explorer, Transit, and their bread and butter F150.

Why this thing was released before it was as close to bullet proof as possible is amazing ... would Ford have done this to a prior year F150 (not sure if I heard the new model year F150 had some order page issue).

Interesting thing is if you go into a store and bring something to register with a lower price on the shelf, most stores honor the price they had on the shelf.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here’s one I’ll be testing out on Saturday. Nice looking truck, and amazing prices from Chevy right now through Jan 4. And if you have a Costco membership, maybe even more savings. It’ll be almost $10k less than the bronco I was planning on.

Ford Bronco Direct Question From Mike Levine Screenshot_20201224-215715
I can see why. Nice truck but not a Bronco!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, if you're unhappy, cancel, get your money back and tell Ford to stick it. There's plenty of other options out there and you aren't married to the Bronco.
I reserved July 14th. I am not going anywhere. I'm not unhappy. Why did you think I wasn't? Take it or leave it? Seriously? They have fucked up I am just pointing it out.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting thing is if you go into a store and bring something to register with a lower price on the shelf, most stores honor the price they had on the shelf.
Everyone is using that example but it's apples to oranges. If the ordering book at time you went to finalize ordering and pricing had the price, then yes Ford would have to eat it. But you're not buying anything on B&P. This is a case of paper advertisement says one thing, in store says price says another. Guess which price you pay cause all advertisements I've seen include "not responsible for typographical blah blah blah errors."

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FoMo Corporation finds it Irresistible to raise the price any way possible, with Res. volume.
Clearly to blame low to mid level Management, whom were given the control in the beginning, until the greed Supersedes common sense.
We are living in a world ? of mis-guidnce, lies, and
Corporate Amnesia. What's New Here?

How would they know how to price a car, they've only been doing it for over a Century...

Until we have a contract and they have our money. Everything is fair game. But we are free! To Buy or Not to Buy!

Last edited:

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In fairness to them, I don't think the person answering those questions was part of the "Bronco team."
I’m looking!! It’s somewhere on my computer.

I also very clearly remember a 2 person Q/A with Jon Melton and Esteban. They sat in chairs with a white backdrop and answered questions about the B&P. It was right after B&P release. I searched youtube and Instagram. Couldn’t find it.
It’s on the Bronco Nation YouTube page:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.