Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I carried my little PA50 on a HF rack and it barely cleared the spare. You'll definitely want some extra room for a real bike. (Don't make fun of the strap job!)

Ford Bronco Dirt bike carrier PXL_20230827_163248355
Sponsored

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was wrestling with the same question and decided it was too much weight for the receiver when I did the math. Bike 300 lbs, carrier 50 Lbs thats the 350 lb limit of the receiver, but when you factor in the length of the tongue say 1.5 to 2 feet that adds a torque multiplier to the equation. So basically 350 lbs quickly turns into 700 lbs of down force. I was not willing to risk it.

Last edited:

Manx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a 225 pound Honda Monkey on a heavy steel rack connected to a heavy steel hinged hitch extension (so you can swing the bike out of the way to open the tailgate. It's a lot of cantilevered weight and is fine for short trips, but if I were going far, I think I'd so something different.

PXL_20230722_024834019.jpg

PXL_20230722_024842485.jpg

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a 225 pound Honda Monkey on a heavy steel rack connected to a heavy steel hinged hitch extension (so you can swing the bike out of the way to open the tailgate. It's a lot of cantilevered weight and is fine for short trips, but if I were going far, I think I'd so something different.

Ford Bronco Dirt bike carrier PXL_20230722_024842485

Ford Bronco Dirt bike carrier PXL_20230722_024842485
The Monkey is a cool bike.

alicestevens

Raptor
First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

PXL_20230722_024834019.jpg

PXL_20230722_024842485.jpg
Looks great! Can you please share the place where you got it?
I found a lot of off road accessories online, just not sure that they have exactly the same thing.
Maybe i will try to contact the company and ask for the help in finding the perfect rack.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use a single rail versahaul hitch carrier with my Husky 350 and it worked with no issue and cleared the spare. The versahaul is super strong, but it is a heavy SOB so if I had to do it again I might look for something a bit easier to move around.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to race on the FTR circuit here in Florida, 14 races a year. I’ve had trailers. I’ve had the ramp style carriers, but the best by far was the jack rack. Easy to use easy to store and also you can work on bike in the field.

https://motojackrack.com/
I just moved to FL and I bought this rack. Anyone have experience with it on a Bronco or Jeep? I bought an adjustable extender that I'm hoping can make the rear door accessible in the lowered position.

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Dirt bike carrier PXL_20230602_230401864

I use a mototote and an extended draw-tite hitch rated to 675 lbs tongue weight, most bronco hitches are rated lower. The carrier itself is rated to 600 lbs, and I intend to carry my adventure bike on this. This dirt bike only weighs about 220 lbs and I've driven it for hours, very solid compared to any hitch carrier setup I've tried before.

They will always sway and rock but it's expected in the design, I will be running extra straps from the carrier to the bronco for a little assistance in stabilizing the heavier bikes.

Yes it loses departure angle, but bikes are quite important to me and are why I ended up shopping for a bronco in the first place. (wanted a 4x4 suv capable of carrying an adv bike on the hitch to replace my pickup truck)

Ford Bronco Dirt bike carrier PXL_20230602_224658892

Ford Bronco Dirt bike carrier PXL_20230602_230410480

I understand there are concerns about the amount of weight and leverage on this part of the frame in general, so far it hasn't been a concern and I'm keeping an eye on it. Draw-tite went through the trouble to engineer and rate it as they did, I see no reason to argue it. Even though that last picture does look like its bending downward that's just sort of how the hitch sits. I don't have a muffler in that area anymore and may end up fabricating a brace on my own, still undecided on what I might put in that space though. A rear winch is likely and the mount for that could also act as a brace!

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used to race on the FTR circuit here in Florida, 14 races a year. I’ve had trailers. I’ve had the ramp style carriers, but the best by far was the jack rack. Easy to use easy to store and also you can work on bike in the field.

https://motojackrack.com/
This is what I had planned to use to carry bikes with my Bronco, but Ford would not let me order a hitch when I ordered mine, and I don't currently have a dirt bike light enough for one of those anyway.

The ones that I've looked at seem to stick out far enough to miss the spare tire even without an extension.

I have been tempted by the Beta XTrainer, which I could make street legal where I live, but I wouldn't want to ride it on the street long distances. I would have to get a hitch installed and one of those racks if I ever give in and buy one. Right now I'm thinking that I don't ride the two bikes that I already have enough to justify another $10K for a new bike and a way to haul it.

Seeing this one got me interested in this type of carrier:

6MGMUJN.jpg
Sponsored