Sponsored

Disable "Keep hands on steering wheel" ?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, from what I can tell, it detects it if you drift too close to the lane and don't put any steering input in response. On curvy roads, it is less of an issue, but on long straight sections, I found it going off several times even though I wasn't driving (and yes, for the trolls, my hands were on the steering wheel)
They system works by detecting steering inputs, which is different from other system that are looking for pressure on the wheel.
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey boss any Ford with co-pilot 360 has lane centering with the ACC system.
This is untrue. Bronco does not have lane centering.

Co-Pilot 360 is bad nomenclature, IMO, as it is not clear what minimum features are necessary to have that branding and it is not consistent from one vehicle to the next what is included.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't want to tell you that your wrong, but the manual has no mention of Lane Centering, but stats Lane Keeping A LOT...

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't want to tell you that your wrong, but the manual has no mention of Lane Centering, but stats Lane Keeping A LOT...
Dude when you engage the acc system the steering wheel icon appears in the middle of the pictogram. Once you engage they acc the system switches from lane keeping to lane centering and has a different operating profile. My wife’s bronco sport with copilot 360 does it. My 2021 f150 with copilot 360 does it she my 2020 explorer st with copilot 360 does it.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude when you engage the acc system the steering wheel icon appears in the middle of the pictogram. Once you engage they acc the system switches from lane keeping to lane centering and has a different operating profile. My wife’s bronco sport with copilot 360 does it. My 2021 f150 with copilot 360 does it she my 2020 explorer st with copilot 360 does it.
It has been confirmed by multiple people here that Bronco does not have it, not sure what to tell you. I searched the manual, there is nothing in there about Lane Centering either...

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Sport has lane centering. Bronco does not. They have different systems.

Farley or Levine or someone stated earlier in the year that Lane Centering required additional sensors/cameras/something that weren't part of the Bronco because of some of the modularity/off-road systems/etc.

So, while you keep saying something with certainty you don't actually know, it doesn't make you right.

Bronco does not have lane centering.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is why I didnt get LUX, where I live and the roads its a PITA and might as well turn it off until you get on a highway.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that Louisiana, Los Angeles, or Lower Alabama? LOL!! :D

Drive safe wherever you are and enjoy your new Bronco!

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope, not the Bronco. And it mist-detects hands in many ways. When on long road trips on a straight highway I like to keep one or both hands near the 12 o'clock position. The damn thing complains. When on a straight flat highway I will keep one hand on the wheel. The damn thing complains.

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This annoys me every day on my commute to work. Hands on wheel entire time on this one long stretch of road keeping it dead center on highway 24 in CO, have to jiggle the wheel to make it stop complaining. I've even been able to around make around a bend in the road with light enough inputs that that it keeps complaining to keep my hands on the wheel. It's a really unintelligent system. I wish they'd let us disable the reminder like they do with the forward collision distance warning.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you had the coffee cup pop up yet? Yeah I wish we could turn that off.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you had the coffee cup pop up yet? Yeah I wish we could turn that off.
That one can be turned off. I forget the name of the setting but it's buried in there somewhere. Driver alert warning or something.