First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For $60k+ it should know what I want and I shouldn’t have to touch anything.
That's the upgade for the people that have to wait for 2023 models.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The difference between the button on the wheel and anywhere else is that I don’t have to look. I know exactly where that button is on my F-150 steering. Hit it and podcast pauses. Simple and quick. Just the way I’ve always done it. Hitting the touch screen requires me to look and the radio button is not a quick pause/play. I’m surprised that I appear to be the only previous Ford owner to has used that pause/mute button on the steering wheel that way.
Exactly! The point is to not have to take your eyes off the road and look at the touch screen. Crazy that some don't appreciate the advantage of physical buttons in certain situations.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cant you just hit the power button? the button in the middle of the volume dial?
I don't think that will work to pause a podcast via CarPlay, but I will certainly try it in the morning. Thank you for the suggestion.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s going to drive me nuts. It’s probably the most used button on my F-150. I hate reaching out to the touchscreen.
My F150 doesn't. Lucky.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Exactly! The point is to not have to take your eyes off the road and look at the touch screen. Crazy that some don't appreciate the advantage of physical buttons in certain situations.
Ford steering wheel buttons are always such an absolute clusterfuck shitshow of a layout I end up having to look anyway. They're seriously fucking awful. The last thing they need is ANOTHER button.

Ford needs to take a page from GM, RAM, VW, etc and come up with something that's actually intuitive. The buttons on the back side of the wheel in some other brands are amazing. Improves the entire experience.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EXACTLY! Or, for those of you that are married to someone who talks, stops for 5 minutes and starts up again, such a button on the steering wheel is very useful! Trust me on this!
I got the hard top. I just drive 55 and can’t hear a word she says.
I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever used a pause button in a car.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think that will work to pause a podcast via CarPlay, but I will certainly try it in the morning. Thank you for the suggestion.
I just tried it on my way in to work this morning. iPhone connected to CarPlay, Podcast playing. Pressing the power button (center of the volume knob) pauses the podcast. Pressing again resumes play

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tried it on my way in to work this morning. iPhone connected to CarPlay, Podcast playing. Pressing the power button (center of the volume knob) pauses the podcast. Pressing again resumes play
It’s been muscle memory for me for a while to just hit the actual pause button but good to know that method works too

67B33D70-1D2A-466A-937E-02C91947D63E.jpeg

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s been muscle memory for me for a while to just hit the actual pause button but good to know that method works too

Ford Bronco Steering wheel pause button? 67B33D70-1D2A-466A-937E-02C91947D63E
I don't ever pause my media unless a call/text comes in but then the system does it for me. I think that's what Fords thought process is here (assuming they did actually think about this. probably giving them too much credit...). The OP is using the system in a way that most probably won't be using it...one device to play media while the another device is used for calls/texts, etc.. Most people use one device for all those functions and when used this way, the system works pretty well. I think the OPs concern was trying to mess with the screen and finding the pause button.

If the pause feature is needed, I agree with you that getting used to reaching for the pause button will create muscle memory and If you don't use the pause button that often, the volume wheel is easy to find without looking.

For a pause button, I've never had a vehicle with that function on the wheel. So, I guess for me ignorance is bliss? Ford should have laid out the steering wheel buttons a little better for sure. I have a problem with the cruise system buttons. Its taken me a while to get used to the confusing way they have those buttons laid out.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't ever pause my media unless a call/text comes in but then the system does it for me. I think that's what Fords thought process is here (assuming they did actually think about this. probably giving them too much credit...). The OP is using the system in a way that most probably won't be using it...one device to play media while the another device is used for calls/texts, etc.. Most people use one device for all those functions and when used this way, the system works pretty well. I think the OPs concern was trying to mess with the screen and finding the pause button.

If the pause feature is needed, I agree with you that getting used to reaching for the pause button will create muscle memory and If you don't use the pause button that often, the volume wheel is easy to find without looking.

For a pause button, I've never had a vehicle with that function on the wheel. So, I guess for me ignorance is bliss? Ford should have laid out the steering wheel buttons a little better for sure. I have a problem with the cruise system buttons. Its taken me a while to get used to the confusing way they have those buttons laid out.
Yes I have the same setup it’s more convenient for callers and myself to dedicate my phone as a phone. Especially when you’re in and out of the vehicle quite often. I’m just glad there’s a pause button at all because like you said, fiddling around with the screen trying to flip back to the audio page can sometimes be frustrating when you’re occupied with driving.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also tried this today on the final leg home from Granger and works just as you said. Thank you!

OP
OP

lsirois

First Edition
First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That worked relatively well. Thank you!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

67B33D70-1D2A-466A-937E-02C91947D63E.jpeg
I fumbled too much trying to find play/pause button without looking. Maybe in time I will figure it out. Probably going to stick to the power button as that works in a similar fashion and is easy to find.

Last edited:

cake

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just found this thread after receiving my outer banks and I'd love for this to be on the steering wheel. I think a nice way to enable this without adding a dedicated button would be to use the dashboard screen's selector. eg: if you have the audio source view opened and press the "OK" button it should pause/resume the audio source.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More than a year on with my Badsquatch, and I can't believe the steering wheel doesn't have a pause button. Not even with the LUX oaxkage.

I'd love if Ford could ad a shortcut by long pressing the menu button so I don't have to take my eyes and hands off the wheel to pause music.
Sponsored