Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This was a difficult project. When I first started it many months ago, there weren't any vendors selling them. If I was replacing it now, I would probably just buy one from Redline. But, it was still a good experience. I just really like trying new things and pushing myself to learn and experiment.

Old on the left, new on the right:
Ford Bronco DIY custom stitched leather manual shift boot! Thumb

If you want to see the entire process, linking here a full video:

If you just want to buy one from Redline or similar, the video will help you with the disassembly and reassembly process.

If you do want to give this a try, I can save you some time, check out the attached PDF file for the pattern from which you can cut the panels.

Let me know what you think!
Sponsored

Attachments

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice, Tim! I love that you took on this project, along with your many others. I might tackle something down the line once I know what seat cover stitching I’m going to get for my covers. Have you looked for/found any shift knob replacements? I’d love to have a stainless steel or pool ball knob etched with a Bronco, but haven’t come across anything compatible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What weight leather did you use?

Don't listen to jdc they can't see the difference between four-doors and Broncos
I actually thought it was pretty hilarious.
The Amazon listing says it is 1.2mm thick if that helps. I know you can buy thicker, but I was worried that it might not fit well between the plastic frame and the cutout in the panel where the boot assembles back in.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice, Tim! I love that you took on this project, along with your many others. I might tackle something down the line once I know what seat cover stitching I’m going to get for my covers. Have you looked for/found any shift knob replacements? I’d love to have a stainless steel or pool ball knob etched with a Bronco, but haven’t come across anything compatible.
Thanks! This is the best shift knob option I have seen so far. I am thinking about getting the white cue ball style.
https://www.twistedshifterz.com/col...speed-shifter-custom-shift-knobs-and-adapters

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What weight leather did you use?

Don't listen to jdc they can't see the difference between four-doors and Broncos
4 door Broncos are the ones that Ford is using as their workhorse. 2 door Broncos are the ones that Ford is putting out to pasture.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have seen there are three options for a replacement shift knob. I have the Boomba which came out first. It’s a nice round weighted knob that feels great. They also have a short shift kit.

B & M also makes a kit.

All these knobs seem to be higher than stock with B&M actually promoting this as a benefit. I’m hoping my Boomba Racing kit will lower it a bit.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pfft it's easy! One keeps the brand alive and the other has two doors! 🤣 ;)
Haha, however you justify the dilution of the brand and selling out. Bean counters gonna count. No reason to have an enthusiasts' forum for something nobody can get enthused about. ;) The four-door is the "heart smart" version of the Bronco that keeps regulators at bay. How does that artificial sweetener taste?

***For anyone new to the internet, this is just good fun joking between people who can take a joke***

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, however you justify the dilution of the brand and selling out. Bean counters gonna count. No reason to have an enthusiasts' forum for something nobody can get enthused about. ;) The four-door is the "heart smart" version of the Bronco that keeps regulators at bay. How does that artificial sweetener taste?

***For anyone new to the internet, this is just good fun joking between people who can take a joke***
Ford Bronco DIY custom stitched leather manual shift boot! giphy (4)

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very nice work again Tim!