Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As for upgrading to the larger 12" screen, I bet it will be doable without being prohibitively expensive - but it will take time for enough parts to arrive in depots / Ford Parts warehouses.

It will get even cheaper when enough Broncos hit the road that more show up in salvage yards.

As for the APIM (that's the sync module) I would think it might be possible with just adding the screen, there is even an entry in the APIM via FORSCAN where it sets the size / orientation of the screen / display.

The cameras are controlled by the BCM. I highly doubt Ford added another module JUST for the upgraded cameras.

The way to tell for sure?

Get a VIN for a Bronco equipped how you want yours to be equipped (12" screen, cameras etc). Download the AsBuilt file for the new Bronco AND your Bronco (fromt Motorcraft) then use a program (FREE) called AsBuiltExplorer and you can directly compare BOTH AsBuilt files.

This will tell you where in the BCM (Body Control Module) and other modules where settings are different based on having (or not having) the options you want to upgrade to.
Cameras are controlled by the IPMB module, not the BCM.
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Duly noted - if you look at my post I typed "BCM and other modules".
The cameras are controlled by the BCM. I highly doubt Ford added another module JUST for the upgraded cameras
I wasn’t talking about the camera settings. I’m talking about what actually controls the cameras. Which isn’t the BCM.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wasn’t talking about the camera settings. I’m talking about what actually controls the cameras. Which isn’t the BCM.
Fair enough. I'm going to go out on a limb that the additional cameras have to be enabled in the BCM and the APIM for starters (if the Bronco is like the F150).

So does each additional camera (not counting the standard rear camera) have a module?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fair enough. I'm going to go out on a limb that the additional cameras have to be enabled in the BCM and the APIM for starters (if the Bronco is like the F150).

So does each additional camera (not counting the standard rear camera) have a module?
No. Cameras are controlled by the IPMB module. Front, rear and sides.

Sponsored

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose the most basic comparison of a screen upgrade on a mid package would be to compare to an Everglades as far as software goes. Anyone get one of those yet?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I suppose the most basic comparison of a screen upgrade on a mid package would be to compare to an Everglades as far as software goes. Anyone get one of those yet?
That is what some of us are waiting on, but I don't think any Everglades have hit the streets yet.

We've been waiting on them so we can compare what the difference is between Mid and MId+, outside of the screen and Instrument panel bezel/center trim piece.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I would rekindle this one.

I'm interested in understanding what actually goes into the differences between the mid and high package beyond the cameras and screen. I'd rather not focus on the costs but the realistic possibility of bolting these parts on if I had them. For example, if I got my hands on a destroyed bronco that had its cameras, mirrors, screen intact, what would I have to rip out to transplant into my mid package.

The everglades model is interesting because it has a large screen but otherwise a mid package. I'm kind of wondering if there are software restrictions, licensing restrictions, or simply no restrictions if you have the right hardware.

I apologize for restarting the OP's post, but I'm trying not to contribute to 5 threads for every topic.

In my specific case, I would like to achieve a forward facing trailcam, with side mirrors as a bonus.

I realize there are/will be aftermarket options, but I'm going for a Ford OEM type of approach.

Has anyone tried any of this?

Thanks
It appears that you do not have a Bronco yet!? So I have to ask, Why not just get the high package and save yourself the trouble? And, in the long run, money?

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears that you do not have a Bronco yet!? So I have to ask, Why not just get the high package and save yourself the trouble? And, in the long run, money?
Yes I have a Bronco, badlands, 6MT with mid package. I tried to move to the high package but the dealer said I would lose my build date and start over essentially. I love my Bronco. I'm just not opposed to modifying with "OEM level" upgrades. I know it will always be more expensive to do it this way, but its not out of the question. Just trying to understand our possible options.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I have a Bronco, badlands, 6MT with mid package. I tried to move to the high package but the dealer said I would lose my build date and start over essentially. I love my Bronco. I'm just not opposed to modifying with "OEM level" upgrades. I know it will always be more expensive to do it this way, but its not out of the question. Just trying to understand our possible options.
OK, no worries. Your profile shows "undecided" on the type of Bronco you have so I was thinking you were going to settle for a lower package and then upgrade it later so you could get your Bronco sooner.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Give me a few busted up Broncos and about a week, and I could probably figure a lot of it out.

The 12" screen in particular shouldn't be that hard—especially since Ford themselves did that exact thing with Everglades. It should just be a new APIM and obviously the screen itself.

The cameras are a whole mess of modules and programming though. In general, the limiting factor with all of this will be the programming. Ford assigns the modules and the module programming to the VIN number, so if you give it a module that was programmed for a different vehicle, my hunch is the Body Control Module (BCM) and/or the Gateway Module (GWM) is going to reject it and start throwing errors. You can overcome a lot of it with Forscan, but without that internal Ford documentation or a willingness to potentially brick a lot of modules, it's going to be painful.

My father is a (now retried) Ford engineer, so I am fairly familiar with this stuff. But he's been retired for quite some time, so my information is largely outdated at this point. And with the current component constraints, I am hesitant to use a "good" Bronco to test all of this stuff. If you accidentally brick a module with a bad programming, good chance you'll be waiting awhile for a new module.

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Give me a few busted up Broncos and about a week, and I could probably figure a lot of it out.

The 12" screen in particular shouldn't be that hard—especially since Ford themselves did that exact thing with Everglades. It should just be a new APIM and obviously the screen itself.

The cameras are a whole mess of modules and programming though. In general, the limiting factor with all of this will be the programming. Ford assigns the modules and the module programming to the VIN number, so if you give it a module that was programmed for a different vehicle, my hunch is the Body Control Module (BCM) and/or the Gateway Module (GWM) is going to reject it and start throwing errors. You can overcome a lot of it with Forscan, but without that internal Ford documentation or a willingness to potentially brick a lot of modules, it's going to be painful.

My father is a (now retried) Ford engineer, so I am fairly familiar with this stuff. But he's been retired for quite some time, so my information is largely outdated at this point. And with the current component constraints, I am hesitant to use a "good" Bronco to test all of this stuff. If you accidentally brick a module with a bad programming, good chance you'll be waiting awhile for a new module.
Very good points all around. Unfortunately, I can't be a trailblazer either. I commend and support those people that do it. Such a great crowd in this forum. Can't wait for this to be figured out but until then, I'm very happy with my rig.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm basically in the same boat. But I've resigned to the fact that I'd need to just trade in on another one to get the high package that I really wanted... But worried about how resell will be in >1 year when the new one is finally built. Maybe things would have settled down by then and mine won't be worth as much. It's my only car so I can't be without it, and buying a beater to hold me over would probably cost as much as waiting for the new one then selling. Adulting is annoying.

Even so with all that... I'm placing an order as soon as the order banks open.
Sponsored

Last edited: