MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly how many times can that plastic cover be popped off before the tabs break and it becomes useless? I’m guessing three.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I needed to be able to lock my key inside when I run or bike but didn't want the Bronco to start if someone got in. I also didn't want the key, my phone, or wallet to be found. I figured a criminal would go to the usual spots like center console, glove box, or under the seat. I had to remove the tailgate panel when I installed the spare reinforcement and knew there was room behind it. I removed the metal retaining clips being careful not to break the plastic, added some industrial velcro, and I had an easy on/easy off tailgate panel. I already owned a waterproof Pelican 1040 for paddleboarding, and it fit perfectly in the void. Using Ronin Factory magnets, 3M super strength molding tape, and metal plates I was able to secure the Pelican. It is very secure and perfectly fits my Magpul wallet, my phone, and the key in a faraday pouch that keeps the Bronco from starting even though the key is inside. A bonus was that the Ronin magnets are strong enough to hold other "heavier items" very securely as well as seen in the pictures. If anybody needs any more details just let me know

20230616_165037.jpg

20230616_165346.jpg
Be careful with your Faraday Box ... I bought something similar but after a year it does NOT work anymore .... I need a new one!
I think after a year of use, the wire mesh inside flexed too many times and broke apart.

GLOCK10MM

Raptor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2015 & 2004 2500 CUMMINGS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I needed to be able to lock my key inside when I run or bike but didn't want the Bronco to start if someone got in. I also didn't want the key, my phone, or wallet to be found. I figured a criminal would go to the usual spots like center console, glove box, or under the seat. I had to remove the tailgate panel when I installed the spare reinforcement and knew there was room behind it. I removed the metal retaining clips being careful not to break the plastic, added some industrial velcro, and I had an easy on/easy off tailgate panel. I already owned a waterproof Pelican 1040 for paddleboarding, and it fit perfectly in the void. Using Ronin Factory magnets, 3M super strength molding tape, and metal plates I was able to secure the Pelican. It is very secure and perfectly fits my Magpul wallet, my phone, and the key in a faraday pouch that keeps the Bronco from starting even though the key is inside. A bonus was that the Ronin magnets are strong enough to hold other "heavier items" very securely as well as seen in the pictures. If anybody needs any more details just let me know

20230616_162347.jpg

20230616_165711.jpg

20230616_165109.jpg

20230616_165037.jpg

20230616_174504.jpg

20230616_165346.jpg

20230616_165639.jpg

20230616_165430.jpg
CR920 & the Happy STICK for the WIN !!! 🥃 🇺🇸

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is why I got the key pad. Everything is locked. When I’m biking or at beach or any place I don’t want pockets full of crap everything is Locked up inside.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly how many times can that plastic cover be popped off before the tabs break and it becomes useless? I’m guessing three.
The metal clips were removed and it's secured with Velcro, so I'm guessing it will go more than three.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I go to the beach..I leave all my stuff..money..wallet ..phone and key fob in the back,under a towel..and when I get back to the Bronco..pop in the number and the doors unlock...I rap my second fob in foil,and hide it in the back..been doing that with my Edge for years,never a problem..

Sponsored
OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The keypad is a much better option that requires keying in a number rather than taking the vehicle apart.By the way, this will spread like wildfire and this parked on trailheads will probably be torn apart now, thanks!
I already have the keypad. That is how I lock and unlock the door with the key inside. This is to keep the key from being found to start the Bronco

OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The plastic pieces are under zero stress. They are simply used as guides at this point to line up the panel.

OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is why I got the key pad. Everything is locked. When I’m biking or at beach or any place I don’t want pockets full of crap everything is Locked up inside.
I have the keypad. That's how I lock the key inside and unlock the Bronco when I return. This mod was more for keeping anyone from finding the key and starting the Bronco and leaving
Sponsored