Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course my solution would be to stop running & biking. Problem solved. But I admittedly don't always give the best advice.;)

OP
OP
GucciFreshness

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wouldn't the strong magnets be a bad idea that close to your phone?
I've had no issues. My phone is a metal plate, a Pelican box, a wallet, a Faraday bag, a key, and a phone case away though. I only put the contents in the reverse order in the pic so you could see what that box could hold. I'll update if I ever have any issues

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep the second key in the back in case I should lose the everyday key...I travel quite a bit to watch minor league baseball...I lost a key years ago before we had fobs and keypads...and it was really a pain....

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I got the key pad. Everything is locked. When I’m biking or at beach or any place I don’t want pockets full of crap everything is Locked up inside.
It's great if it's hard top, not so much for a soft top.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get another key that doesn't work (like a blank), leave it in the glovebox (hidden but easy to find), any thief would probably think it's the right one and not look elsewhere. When it doesn't work, they give up and move on.

I've always worried about the whole "who's watching me" thing, so I just have a second keyring with my housekey and car key. This was easier when it was a key instead of the brick Ford uses now, but theoretically just the valet key could be fixed up.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I use my keypad to lock my key inside when I run or bike but didn't want the Bronco to start if someone got in. I also didn't want the key, my phone, or wallet to be found. I figured a criminal would go to the usual spots like center console, glove box, or under the seat. I had to remove the tailgate panel when I installed the spare reinforcement and knew there was room behind it. I removed the metal retaining clips being careful not to break the plastic, added some industrial velcro, and I had an easy on/easy off tailgate panel. I already owned a waterproof Pelican 1040 for paddleboarding, and it fit perfectly in the void. Using Ronin Factory magnets, 3M super strength molding tape, and metal plates I was able to secure the Pelican. It is very secure and perfectly fits my Magpul wallet, my phone, and the key in a faraday pouch that keeps the Bronco from starting even though the key is inside. A bonus was that the Ronin magnets are strong enough to hold other "heavier items" very securely as well as seen in the pictures. If anybody needs any more details just let me know

20230616_162347.jpg

20230616_165711.jpg

20230616_165109.jpg

20230616_165037.jpg

20230616_174504.jpg

20230616_165346.jpg

20230616_165639.jpg

20230616_165430.jpg
This is so innovative!

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posted on a public forum... good thing thieves don't have the internet, right?

As you do what with your items? 😁 Your use of the less popular definition of the word has me feeling very gay indeed.
Bronco6G censors can be pretty harsh. Sure it's a euphemism, but you know..."an abundance of caution" as the politicians sometimes put it.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use my keypad to lock my key inside when I run or bike but didn't want the Bronco to start if someone got in. I also didn't want the key, my phone, or wallet to be found. I figured a criminal would go to the usual spots like center console, glove box, or under the seat. I had to remove the tailgate panel when I installed the spare reinforcement and knew there was room behind it. I removed the metal retaining clips being careful not to break the plastic, added some industrial velcro, and I had an easy on/easy off tailgate panel. I already owned a waterproof Pelican 1040 for paddleboarding, and it fit perfectly in the void. Using Ronin Factory magnets, 3M super strength molding tape, and metal plates I was able to secure the Pelican. It is very secure and perfectly fits my Magpul wallet, my phone, and the key in a faraday pouch that keeps the Bronco from starting even though the key is inside. A bonus was that the Ronin magnets are strong enough to hold other "heavier items" very securely as well as seen in the pictures. If anybody needs any more details just let me know

20230616_162347.jpg

20230616_165711.jpg

20230616_165109.jpg

20230616_165037.jpg

20230616_174504.jpg

20230616_165346.jpg

20230616_165639.jpg

20230616_165430.jpg
That's slick, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to copy this if the bronco ever decides to show up 😂

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

20230616_162347.jpg

20230616_165711.jpg

20230616_165109.jpg

20230616_165037.jpg

20230616_174504.jpg

20230616_165346.jpg

20230616_165639.jpg

20230616_165430.jpg
Now we all know where you hide your gun and keys when you’re vehicle is parked. Good to know.

this is one of those things you should NOT post on social media.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are leaving a handgun,
in the tailgate of your Bronco,
secured by magnets,
and hidden behind a plastic trim panel.....

with no trigger lock,

and its loaded.
Ford Bronco DIY solution! Locking my key inside Bronco when I run or bike 1687312462270

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now we all know where you hide your gun and keys when you’re vehicle is parked. Good to know.

this is one of those things you should NOT post on social media.
You guys are funny about him posting what he may or may not do with this and what it is.
A.) there's already marketed products for this
B.) unless you're a Bronco owner/future owner, on this forum, and go the extra mile to implement this, you're not even going to have a hint this is something anyone is doing, if at all.
Bronco6g is social media with 10K InstaGram likes on this particular thread?
That's a reach. It's an online forum.
C.) Thanks for the advice dad.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You guys are funny about him posting what he may or may not do with this and what it is.
A.) there's already marketed products for this
B.) unless you're a Bronco owner/future owner, on this forum, and go the extra mile to implement this, you're not even going to have a hint this is something anyone is doing, if at all.
Bronco6g is social media with 10K InstaGram likes on this particular thread?
That's a reach. It's an online forum.
C.) Thanks for the advice dad.
A) you proved my point with response B. If 10k have liked it how many people do you think have actually seen?
B) how did you know I was your dad?
Sponsored