First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i can cut that cable in 3 seconds with a battery angle grinder and walk off with the lock box. try securing a $XX,000 mt bike so you can duck into a store for 10 mins.
I doubt most "smash and grab" crooks are carrying around an angle grinder. But whatever dude...
Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
its the most common tool for thieves to use, compact, fits in a back pack and cuts almost anything. just carry the gun on you and if you can't then leave it at home. never understood locking a gun up unattended other than at home.

just saw you're in portland and you think thieves don't use grinders, huh?

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its the most common tool for thieves to use, compact, fits in a back pack and cuts almost anything. just carry the gun on you and if you can't then leave it at home. never understood locking a gun up unattended other than at home.

Okay guys, please. We live (maybe not you canucks) in this place called the United STATES of America, and in these STATES of the thing called America, all gun laws are DIFFERENT.....WOWWWWWWW!!!!!

A.) Some states require locked box when transporting firearms, many do.
B.) If you go to take a crap at a gas station and don't have a CC or CWP, guess what? You can't take it with you to the crapper.

Stop crapping on people who own and carry and know WTF they're doing. Not everyone is an ignorant mongoloid when it comes to the pew-pew.

Many are, and it's obvious.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use my keypad to lock my key inside when I run or bike but didn't want the Bronco to start if someone got in. I also didn't want the key, my phone, or wallet to be found. I figured a criminal would go to the usual spots like center console, glove box, or under the seat. I had to remove the tailgate panel when I installed the spare reinforcement and knew there was room behind it. I removed the metal retaining clips being careful not to break the plastic, added some industrial velcro, and I had an easy on/easy off tailgate panel. I already owned a waterproof Pelican 1040 for paddleboarding, and it fit perfectly in the void. Using Ronin Factory magnets, 3M super strength molding tape, and metal plates I was able to secure the Pelican. It is very secure and perfectly fits my Magpul wallet, my phone, and the key in a faraday pouch that keeps the Bronco from starting even though the key is inside. A bonus was that the Ronin magnets are strong enough to hold other "heavier items" very securely as well as seen in the pictures. If anybody needs any more details just let me know

20230616_162347.jpg

20230616_165711.jpg

20230616_165109.jpg

20230616_165037.jpg

20230616_174504.jpg

20230616_165346.jpg

20230616_165639.jpg

20230616_165430.jpg
Hey @GucciFreshness did I mention how much I like your mod? 😁😁😁

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure what all the confusion is here ,wrap keyfob in rfid bag ,hide somewhere in bronco ,lock doors.
Use keypad to gain access when you want in.
I do this every day with zero problems.

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

figured a criminal would go to the usual spots like center console, glove box, or under the seat.
… and here I thought I was being sneaky stashing my wallet under my seat.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If they are hunting for cats, yeah, but not the smash and grab guys. I'll worry about me. I know the laws in my state and county, and I am not going to bother to inform you why I want a safe in my vehicle. Have a good day.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they are hunting for cats, yeah, but not the smash and grab guys. I'll worry about me. I know the laws in my state and county, and I am not going to bother to inform you why I want a safe in my vehicle. Have a good day.
And other forms of security. My right under the law.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now we all know where you hide your gun and keys when you’re vehicle is parked. Good to know.

this is one of those things you should NOT post on social media.
Where is his car to steal his gun and keys?

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The lesson I learned from reading this thread is that there are a lot of people on the internet with nothing more interesting to do than bicker.

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Didn't feel like spending $400 on the M2M medicine cabinet, but wanted to keep stuff from being able to fall behind the tailgate, so I 3D printed some dividers to create my stash spot. It was too big for my printer to do in one go, so I had to break them into two sections, but that also made it easier to squeeze into the opening. The camera & brake light wires put enough pressure to press them forward against the front side to keep them from moving around.

I may go with velcro on the cover later on, but for now, I'm just keeping 1 of the 3 clips in place. It's still pretty secure but relatively easy to open and still looks stock.

Ford Bronco DIY solution! Locking my key inside Bronco when I run or bike 1704996501512

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I took it for a short drive and didn't notice any rattles, and that was without anything in them to weight them down.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't feel like spending $400 on the M2M medicine cabinet, but wanted to keep stuff from being able to fall behind the tailgate, so I 3D printed some dividers to create my stash spot. It was too big for my printer to do in one go, so I had to break them into two sections, but that also made it easier to squeeze into the opening. The camera & brake light wires put enough pressure to press them forward against the front side to keep them from moving around.

I may go with velcro on the cover later on, but for now, I'm just keeping 1 of the 3 clips in place. It's still pretty secure but relatively easy to open and still looks stock.

Ford Bronco DIY solution! Locking my key inside Bronco when I run or bike 1704996501512

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I took it for a short drive and didn't notice any rattles, and that was without anything in them to weight them down.
Nice work some thin foam glued to shelves should be perfect,I would buy one 👌

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's pretty slick, what's all the faceting for on the back of the lower divider?
Do you have any STL files on thingiverse?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That's pretty slick, what's all the faceting for on the back of the lower divider?
Do you have any STL files on thingiverse?
Thanks. That's just the pattern my printer used on the top layer, I had it set to concentric for the bottom section and switched to lines for the top, so that's why they look slightly different.

Here is the STL:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6429432

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good thing there aren't any criminals in this forum.......
Sponsored