First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you thinking the HT will be cooler during the hot time?
Yeah, kinda. With the headliner in it should block more of the heat the just fabric. We’ll see. That said, honestly our Bronco will be a garage queen. Both wifey and I have work vehicles. So this will be the toy that comes out when not at work. It won’t be spending its life just sitting outside all day rocking up mileage. It’ll be used for the grocery store, dog park, shooting trips, family trips, running errands, etc. We also both want to get out more and do some over landing, maybe. We’ll for sure take it off-roading too. Arizona is giant play ground.
Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not sure it will be Way quieter. It’s definitely more secure.
If someone really wants something inside your Bronco, they'll break the glass of a hard top (or soft top for that matter).

VicDamone

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Listen guys the soft top is Amazing man. Never owned one either but switched because the black hard top would delay me until 2023 and I love it. I’m here in the Midwest where it gets cold so I kept the Caddi truck for the cold winter days. Also ordered a blacked out Bronco so MIC top wouldn’t cut it for me.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally wanted dual tops. Then MIC. Then soft top when they announced the prep kit.

Now I love the soft top and will probably never get a hard top.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco will be my first soft top. My current Gladiator and previous Wrangler had hard tops. I always swore I would only have a hard top for security reasons. But after test driving a soft top Bronco I changed my tune. So easy to just flip back and not have to worry about storing panels. And to go fully open is pretty simple. The lack of the center crossbar when open is so nice. Never experienced fully open on my Jeeps. Never had either top completely off. Only thing I need to do is to get adjusted to taking less and stashing well.

For the record my choice of a hard top has nothing to do with the potential wait. If I really wanted one I'd just wait it out.

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the soft top jeep experience 20 years ago and I was interested in a hard top from the get go. When the MOD went away and the MIC had issues, I pivoted to the soft top, especially after driving one in Austin for a day gave me confidence. Let me say, this isn't the old flappy noisy rag top of yesteryear.
I have been in my new soft top Bronco since last Friday and I absolutely love it! The quality of the cloth is very nice. It is quiet. There is no wind noise. From a sound perspective, the rear windows is where the traffic noise enters, the front seat is quiet. The top mechanism is high quality. No defending the wave in the rear window, but otherwise the top is well-built and good quality.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the soft top jeep experience 20 years ago and I was interested in a hard top from the get go. When the MOD went away and the MIC had issues, I pivoted to the soft top, especially after driving one in Austin for a day gave me confidence. Let me say, this isn't the old flappy noisy rag top of yesteryear.
I have been in my new soft top Bronco since last Friday and I absolutely love it! The quality of the cloth is very nice. It is quiet. There is no wind noise. From a sound perspective, the rear windows is where the traffic noise enters, the front seat is quiet. The top mechanism is high quality. No defending the wave in the rear window, but otherwise the top is well-built and good quality.
When you say "When the MOD went away...." do you mean that it was moved to 2023? I sure as hell hope the MOD has not been cancelled. I thought I heard a rumor that Ford was looking for a new manufacturer for the MOD tops.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the south there's no need for a hard top. It's a rag top off road SUV, get the rag top.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If someone really wants something inside your Bronco, they'll break the glass of a hard top (or soft top for that matter).
Yes. But I’m talking about crimes of opportunity, and having a soft top presents that potential because it’s easier and quieter to do.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes. But I’m talking about crimes of opportunity, and having a soft top presents that potential because it’s easier and quieter to do.
Yeah, I hear ya. I guess the time when 4-5 of us at work had our cars (sedans and crossovers) broken into in the parking lot is etched in my memory forever.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a rag top car back in the day. The plastic windows always scratches/fogs eventually. I also prefer the look of the hard top. If it was available I'd probably have gotten body colored vs MIC. And my final reason to order a hard top, is I knew an aftermarket soft top would be offered sooner than later if I really wanted one.

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in MI, my considerations for sticking with the Hard Top were:
1) Security
2) Cold Weather - Colder, harder to heat, and heavy snow becomes an issue
3) Aesthetics - The wrinkles ruin the perfect lines of the bronco
4) 2nd Top- Its cheaper and easier to get a second hand soft top, hard top will be hard to get

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you say "When the MOD went away...." do you mean that it was moved to 2023? I sure as hell hope the MOD has not been cancelled. I thought I heard a rumor that Ford was looking for a new manufacturer for the MOD tops.
Yes, the push to MY23. If it was a MY22 option I would have held out, but I can't wait that long. :)
Sponsored