Sponsored

Do you think First Editions will be built first?

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many first editions end up on lots because buyers walk away when they see navy/pier in person. :p

Seriously though, its "possible" buyers would walk away from any purchase and leave it on the lot, but i imagine they would be better served to buy and resell if the y were taking delivery early in the process.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how many miles the reservations that are refused on delivery will rack up from test drives on dealer lots. I could see a ton of people trying to test drive as soon as they hear there is one available on the lot. I wonder if dealers will restrict this.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I know the First Editions will be rare, but I was talking about reservations in general. I feel like if someones situation changed and they couldn't take ownership of their Bronco when it was time for delivery, as soon as it hit their lot people would be crawling all over it asking for test drives.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I will guess that they build every single FE in Lightning Blue at one time just to get the paint color off the line! Reducing the eleventy billion configurations by one. Tooooooooootally worth it!

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends what they mean by "first"........first year, first built, first delivered, first to have navy pier....

At least they are all reserved extremely early if you have one, but I don't imagine they are gonna load one up just to deliver it to the most remote dealership in Alaska because they had a early time stamp

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Editions are not “rare” they are making 7k in a year. Half of them are reserved by dealerships cousins and kids. ?!! They also have everything on them, and Ford won’t have them all ready to go. I would imagine a few here, few there. Do you guys think Vin 001 will be a First Edition?

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep made 4,190 of the Gladiator Launch Edition in 2019 and you can still find them brand new on the lot for sale. This is because dealerships bought them up, and added ADM. Now, they are begging you to buy them. The Bronco First Edition will be no different.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes I know the First Editions will be rare, but I was talking about reservations in general. I feel like if someones situation changed and they couldn't take ownership of their Bronco when it was time for delivery, as soon as it hit their lot people would be crawling all over it asking for test drives.
Some dealers would say no to test drives. Some would at least pre qualify the customer before allowing it. You don't want to see miles on something your paying ADM to purchase.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, probably not. Ford only said the trim is limited to 3500 units and nothing about them being built sooner. They’re likely going to build whatever orders they can depending on part availability at any given time.
Theoretically, if the FEs were fully reserved before any other reservation flavors then YES, but I'd suspect that some early reservations didn't necessarily want an FE.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FE reservations sold out very quickly so by default they should be built very early in the process. I don’t believe they will be built first, just early in the run, pending the availability of commodities. That being said, the less stuff you order on your Bronco, the smaller chance yours will be halted by supplies.
Sponsored