Sponsored

Does your driver's side sun visor bump into the rearview mirror too?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People can put down their sun visors? I do and it blocks my whole windshield....the joys of being 6'5".
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do know that the rear view mirror is adjustable, donā€™t you?

You shouldn't have to adjust your rear view mirror to flip a visor up and down (that is an actual potential safety issue). But if the visor actually does have the ability to shift to the left, and miss the visor that's a good thing to know going forward, but I'd still call that a bit of a design flaw. I mean how long have we had visors, and rear view mirrors on vehicles ?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shouldn't have to adjust your rear view mirror to flip a visor up and down (that is an actual potential safety issue). But if the visor actually does have the ability to shift to the left, and miss the visor that's a good thing to know going forward, but I'd still call that a bit of a design flaw. I mean how long have we had visors, and rear view mirrors on vehicles ?
I guess then Ford has a major design flaw on their hands with the seat too, hell what about the tilt/telescopic steering wheel? The mirror is adjustable, that means YOU adjust it to where YOU want it to be. If it isn't exactly in the right place, move it again. It's not that hard. I swear, some of the questions posted here seem like they come from people who have never even seen a car before.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You do know that the rear view mirror is adjustable, donā€™t you?
This topic has come up multiple times before and every time I'm amazed that people don't seem to realize the mirror is adjustable šŸ˜‚

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine did briefly after getting the windshield replaced. Easy to adjust the rear view as described above for clearance.

Agreed on the size of the visor - at 6'3", I find myself putting it partway down. It always brings up images of my head getting cut in 1/2 in a hard collision!

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess then Ford has a major design flaw on their hands with the seat too, hell what about the tilt/telescopic steering wheel? The mirror is adjustable, that means YOU adjust it to where YOU want it to be. If it isn't exactly in the right place, move it again. It's not that hard. I swear, some of the questions posted here seem like they come from people who have never even seen a car before.
20% have never seen a car and 40% don't understand 4 wheel drive.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm the only one who drives the vehicle. I set the mirror(s) and don't need to move them again. A visor hitting a mirror ? I've been driving cars over 45 years. That's the first time I've ever had to routinely move the mirror because the visor didn't clear it .

Like I stated in my OP it's a minor detail, but one that's been pretty worked out for almost a hundred years now.

Jeez it's like Ford has never designed a windshield area before.... :sneaky:

Last edited:

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the standard stupid test...how'd y'all do? lol

OP
OP
JMBGlass

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grab the rearview mirror with both hands, it can articulate towards the passenger side.
It's a two-part ball and swivel design. From the factory, the ball socket closest to the windshield is pivoted toward the driver's seat. Take the extension that comes off the first ball and point the tip of it to the centerline or more toward the passenger seat. Adjust the mirror only using the closer to the driver ball if that makes sense. I think the mirror naturally wants to adjust on the ball closest to the windshield which makes the mirror extension off-center. Easy fix, no parts required.
These are the best two answers to any questions I've asked here on the forum. That worked! Thank you both!!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im amazed at how many people don't realize that the sun visor is adjustable and slides in/out. This is a feature on pretty much every modern car nowadays.

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking forward to having this problem in the next two months! In the mean time, I'll just imagine it hitting the mirror.
Id like to have a Broncoā€¦to have that problem!!!
šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøā€¦..First World
Problemsā€¦ā€¦ šŸ˜³

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shift it toward the passenger one time. Once....and never have to do it again. Some of you all and your drama....seriously.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shift it toward the passenger one time. Once....and never have to do it again. Some of you all and your drama....seriously.
Thereā€™s no drama here. Itā€™s a forum dedicated to discussing Broncos . Itā€™s a small detail. I didnā€™t know about the sliding visor detail. Now I do, and itā€™s because somebody posted about it here in this thread.

Sorry if it disappoints you Iā€™m not up I arms about it. Maybe we shouldnā€™t discuss Broncos at all if it seems like itā€™s all drama to you. Hopefully you arenā€™t too upset itā€™s not drama.
I know Iā€™m not . Think Iā€™ll have another beer.

EDIT: I think I over did it with the drama bit. Mea Culpa. Maybe that was a tad tooā€¦..drama filled ?

Last edited:

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People can put down their sun visors? I do and it blocks my whole windshield....the joys of being 6'5".
My first boss out of college was on the USS Georgia and was at least 6'4". He hit his head only once on the bulkhead door. You nuke'es and getting to wear tennis shoes.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My first boss out of college was on the USS Georgia and was at least 6'4". He hit his head only once on the bulkhead door. You nuke'es and getting to wear tennis shoes.
tennis shoes underway were authorized, but since I was a mechanic and worked around pumps and tools, I still wore my boondockers. Sadly, and not because of the shoes, I hit my head a couple of times until you learn where you can stand up.
Sponsored