First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there a reason this isn't configurable from the dash screen? Seems this should be available as a settings since enabling/disabling is already built in
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Might it be more satisfying if we found the motherless fuck who invented the double honk, and had a Bronco 6g get together in their front yard with pitchforks and torches?
common issue that 2 people drive somewhere. 1 exits the car, maybe dropped off at a store, and the other drives to a 2nd location. but the 1st person had the key in their pocket...

2nd person cant restart their car...

when it happens, you'll be glad you got the honk.

OP
OP
dan79

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

common issue that 2 people drive somewhere. 1 exits the car, maybe dropped off at a store, and the other drives to a 2nd location. but the 1st person had the key in their pocket...

i have never seen a car drive away from the key like that

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i have never seen a car drive away from the key like that
but it is quite possible. the car will continue to operate, drive, go into gear etc without a key present, you'll get a honk and you'll get a warning on the dash, but it wont prevent you from driving.

Until you shut it off, and cant turn it back on.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely annoying. When checking the mail or taking a trail photo I've taken to not fully closing the door, it won't honk, this is the solution for technophobes like me.

Also, I was going to disable the seat belt chime because I often unbuckle on slow trails. But I noticed the chime is silent when in low range, even up to my tested 22 mph.

OP
OP
dan79

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely annoying. When checking the mail or taking a trail photo I've taken to not fully closing the door, it won't honk, this is the solution for technophobes like me.

Also, I was going to disable the seat belt chime because I often unbuckle on slow trails. But I noticed the chime is silent when in low range, even up to my tested 22 mph.
that seat belt info is good to hear. I am sure u will find another bronco owner that can fix the honk for u its really a fast fix

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

If I drop someone off, I will then leave with the vehicle and they key will be in my pocket. I guess I don’t see that being an issue. If someday that costs me a $15 Uber ride, so be it. That’s a small price to pay for not scaring my poor old dog because I forgot something in the house.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I were Jim Farley I would be embarrassed by the double honk. I’d be like, “you mean to tell me that all of our vehicles do this?” “And there isn’t a way to easily disable it in the onscreen menu?” “Well yeah, we have to fix that right now.” “Like only three people on the earth could possibly like that, it’s fucking garbage.” “And those fucking awful gauges, who’s idea was that?”

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the two demos the dealer has that I have brought home a few times is a Cyber Orange badlands so the thing is already screaming loud anyway.

It's also the fall/winter here in the midwest so I've left it running while my kids get their fill and if I stepped from the back seat to the front HONK HONK. Step into the garage HONK HONK. Pretty sure they neighbors thought I was just drawing attention to the Bronco.

It is super intrusive and super annoying.