First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure where it’s from. Haven’t driven Bronco in two weeks. Nice oil spot on garage floor today under the front. Will climb under tomorrow. 7k miles 22 auto Badlands built late Oct 22. Oil feels sticky unlike motor oil. Doesn’t smell like gear oil. Not coming from opening in skid plate under diff. See what sunrise brings.
Bronco doesn’t like to sit. Oil leak, driver window needed to be reset, CarPlay was really finicky for 30 minutes and Bronco saved pops up on screen when started each time.
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure where it’s from. Haven’t driven Bronco in two weeks. Nice oil spot on garage floor today under the front. Will climb under tomorrow. 7k miles 22 auto Badlands built late Oct 22. Oil feels sticky unlike motor oil. Doesn’t smell like gear oil. Not coming from opening in skid plate under diff. See what sunrise brings.
Bronco doesn’t like to sit. Oil leak, driver window needed to be reset, CarPlay was really finicky for 30 minutes and Bronco saved pops up on screen when started each time.
Have you recently had an Oil Change?

The filter, which is side mounted, has a trough that catches the oil that spills out. Following the OCI, it is common to find a couple of drops on the ground behind the front driver tire.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not in 3500 miles.

pjstans

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check the front pinion seal..several reports (including me) of front pinion seal failures. Had mine replaced once..not sure but mine may need it again..this is just under normal driving conditions as well....IMHO, it is a design flaw..you might want to check that

Sponsored
OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you recently had an Oil Change?

The filter, which is side mounted, has a trough that catches the oil that spills out. Following the OCI, it is common to find a couple of drops on the ground behind the front driver tire.
Well decided to look tonight. It is from the oil filter drain channel. Not sure why it’s leaking. Ready for a change anyways. I’m thinking this is good news.

IMG_6369.jpeg

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well decided to look tonight. It is from the oil filter drain channel. Not sure why it’s leaking. Ready for a change anyways. I’m thinking this is good news.

Ford Bronco Dreaded oil on floor today IMG_6369
Those channels are really finicky. That's why when I do my oil change i take a little time and clean it all the way out with a rag. Just to make sure I get it all.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those channels are really finicky. That's why when I do my oil change i take a little time and clean it all the way out with a rag. Just to make sure I get it all.
Last oil change was March of 23. Why oil now. Appt is made.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last oil change was March of 23. Why oil now. Appt is made.
The filter may need a slight snug, especially if you are experiencing a bit more cold than normal. Perhaps it’s a completely separate issue and the drain is catching the fluid?

Maybe it’s a bit of debris along the sealing surface?

Did you do the most recent OCI yourself?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The filter may need a slight snug, especially if you are experiencing a bit more cold than normal. Perhaps it’s a completely separate issue and the drain is catching the fluid?

Maybe it’s a bit of debris along the sealing surface?

Did you do the most recent OCI yourself?
Dealer did it. And it did become cold here this week.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was the hydraulic Sta-Bar disconnect.

Dealer ended up replacing the entire unit.

Salt

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Resolved. Filter was 1/2 turn from oil spraying out. Dealer installed at 1st oil change. Never used dealer before. Took 6months to come loose. But did.
Sponsored