Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody see a 10mm bumpstop up front?
Nope - which I find quite interesting. I see no "traditional" bump stop that I'd be used to seeing on a SFA setup.

So, they must do it differently obviously. Maybe their shocks have an integrated stop, or, they're these do-hickeys on the springs themselves:

Ford Bronco Driveline pics *nerds only* 1599572436353

These seem like coil compression spacers. I can't think of why they'd be there other than to prevent the springs from compressing past a point. So maybe since there's 2 of them there, they each take up 5mm or something...

Anyone else know exactly what these are?
Sponsored

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still wonder about the lack of rear sway bar. :unsure:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope - which I find quite interesting. I see no "traditional" bump stop that I'd be used to seeing on a SFA setup.

So, they must do it differently obviously. Maybe their shocks have an integrated stop, or, they're these do-hickeys on the springs themselves:

These seem like coil compression spacers. I can't think of why they'd be there other than to prevent the springs from compressing past a point. So maybe since there's 2 of them there, they each take up 5mm or something...

I read an article somewhere in the past month that those are to keep the coils from rubbing together where the coils are tightly wound at the top. It’s supposed to keep the noise down and possibly make them last longer???? Don’t quote me on this. ?

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

On these type they put the bumpstop on the shock rod. You can't see it because there is a boot over it

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On these type they put the bumpstop on the shock rod. You can't see it because there is a boot over it
That would make a lot of sense!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anybody but me want reloaction brackets for everything on the rear axle housing? Im thinking all the arms bars and struts look great but they are attached in all the wrong places. The upper CA brackets can stay where they are but flip release mud and salt. The lower CA mounts could go forward and up a inch or two. The strut mounts could definitely go up. The panhard bar looks like it just needs a lil protein is all. Maybe a flip for rusts sake. I dont know how many rusty holed ford leaf spring hangers i have seen since back in the day. Maybe this was all tweaked for road handling or just easy of manufacture but its alot of rust pockets and low hanging fruit.

Im thinking someone could put together a relocation bracket kit that is all fab work and leave the stock components and get 3 inches out of the rear and sell a long travel FCA kit with either a spacer or upsell em on premium coilovers. If the axles handle 40s your set.(RCV upgrade?)

Better clearance, lift, and durability all for the cost of an overpriced lightbar and way to expensive front end douche armor with 22" faux beadlick rims.

You said you wanted to get nerdy. Go ahead pimp slap me with some geometry!
MaverickMan with all your posts about things rusting out I think Ford should give you a pre-production model NOW to do corrosion testing to save the rest of us trouble down the road :) Aloha

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was trying to (over) analyze the photos looking for the IWE vacuum line headed to the front wheel, couldn't find one, anyone else see it?

And...the e-brake actuator on the rear wheel looks a little vulnerable

Last edited:

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the front diff has a drain and fill plug.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MaverickMan with all your posts about things rusting out I think Ford should give you a pre-production model NOW to do corrosion testing to save the rest of us trouble down the road :) Aloha
Itd be a tough job but Im up for it??

Mahalo!

Last edited:

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was trying to (over) analyze the photos looking for the IWE vacuum line headed to the front wheel, couldn't find one, anyone else see it?

And...the e-brake actuator on the rear wheel looks a little vulnerable
What's an "IWE"?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is the bronco front sway-bar visible in any of these pictures?

i've seen folks say they'll add a front disconnect themselves ala jeep
and in the included wrangler suspension photos, the front sway bar looks easily accessible.

but at first glance, i'm not sure the bronco sway bar is easily 'trail' accessible

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is the bronco front sway-bar visible in any of these pictures?

i've seen folks say they'll add a front disconnect themselves ala jeep
and in the included wrangler suspension photos, the front sway bar looks easily accessible.

but at first glance, i'm not sure the bronco sway bar is easily 'trail' accessible
There she is. The disco is the can looking thing that says "do not open" on it. Looks like a little electric fluid pump mounted to it to operate. The discos jeep guys use are either the type where the endlinks get pulled off and hung on the frame, or a coupler w/a removable pin welded in the center of the bar. Both are a PITA. Having the bar mounted aft of the front wheels will make it more of a PITA as well

20200907_190023.jpg

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you can buy a new EB bronco body for around 15,000. How much can we get this built chassis for? Can we build a new 2021 EB Bronco for under 40,000? Can someone finance me at 0% please? I am willing to drop the ecoboost and transmission, in which case I will put a windsor and a tranzilla in it.
Sponsored