patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm currently #7 in line at my dealer. Awesome, huh? Well, keep in mind I reserved on 7/14/20, ordered in Jan 21, re-ordered Oct 21. So, yeah. I've been here over two years.

Do I want to wait forever for "my perfect build"? Hell, no! Especially since I keep wavering on what I like, and a real live vehicle in my driveway trumps an unscheduled order any day.

So yeah...in Jan 2021, I was #63 on my dealer's list. Jan 2022, I was #28. April 2022, I was #9. Now I'm #7...and lots of people behind me have been scheduled (dealer, one of the big names here, is very forthcoming with info).

So early this year, I dropped the tow package.

Last month, I dropped Sasquatch, but added the optional beadlock wheels (probably a mistake, as they're likely as constained as the Sasquatch wheels that have been stuck in China.)

So, as of today, I also dropped the modular bumper and those wheels.

So now, I'm waiting on this:

2 door Bronco Badlands
7MT
High package

Fingers crossed, yet again...
Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I regret dropping the options I did, and have had friends get Broncos sooner than I did mine with the options I dropped. My two cents

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I regret dropping the options I did, and have had friends get Broncos sooner than I did mine with the options I dropped. My two cents
Yeah I definitely agree with this. BUT... there are exceptions.

Like the tow package. A lot of people have no intention on towing anything, they just got the tow package as a "just in case" item or because they have a hitch-mounted bike rack. No sense in potentially delaying your order by getting the tow package when you have zero plans to tow something.

Sasquatch package on the Badlands manual transmission is another one. That just straight up doesn't make sense at all.

But yeah... sometimes it doesn't make sense to drop options. For me it was the hard top... absolutely did not want the soft top so I stuck with the hard top even though I knew it would delay my order. Luckily I have a build date, so hopefully my wait is over soon. I was #38 in line at my dealer with similar order to @patientB (only difference is Mid package vs High package), so hopefully he'll get picked up soon.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm currently #7 in line at my dealer. Awesome, huh? Well, keep in mind I reserved on 7/14/20, ordered in Jan 21, re-ordered Oct 21. So, yeah. I've been here over two years.

Do I want to wait forever for "my perfect build"? Hell, no! Especially since I keep wavering on what I like, and a real live vehicle in my driveway trumps an unscheduled order any day.

So yeah...in Jan 2021, I was #63 on my dealer's list. Jan 2022, I was #28. April 2022, I was #9. Now I'm #7...and lots of people behind me have been scheduled (dealer, one of the big names here, is very forthcoming with info).

So early this year, I dropped the tow package.

Last month, I dropped Sasquatch, but added the optional beadlock wheels (probably a mistake, as they're likely as constained as the Sasquatch wheels that have been stuck in China.)

So, as of today, I also dropped the modular bumper and those wheels.

So now, I'm waiting on this:

2 door Bronco Badlands
7MT
High package

Fingers crossed, yet again...
I saw a base 2dr auto go into production this week which had been waiting since the first week of reservations.

Constraints my ass. The ONLY thing it had was an automatic transmission... oh, and a TWO year wait.

All I have to say.

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t drop anything and was willing to wait. I don’t see any rhyme or reason to how these things are getting built. I was lucky.

Sponsored

bronco_beskar

Wildtrak
First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn’t drop anything and last I checked with Ford chat my order is an Unscheduled Clean but who knows!

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only thing I was willing to drop was Tow. Like @RagnarKon said, mostly just a convenience, not a necessity. If I need to pull something I’ll use my Super Duty. Anyway, I do think it sped up production even though I had multiple other constraints.

Hope you get scheduled soon!

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Patience! Wait for what you want and you will have no regrets later.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I got lucky, but I didn't drop anything, including tow. Similar story to yours, and I was determined to stick it out and it was worth it. Get what you want.