First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a light accessory that I just installed in my 2022 OBX that is ran to the center console. It has a remote control that changes the colors (I wanted ambient but dim lighting and achieved it for a cheap price) but I’m worried about battery drainage. When I use the remote control to turn it off, the lights do turn off, but the red indicator is still on the 12v power adaptor. Even when the car is completely off, I can turn the lights on and off if it’s still plugged in. I will probably always unplug it to be safe, but if I had the option not to, that’d be nice! I will post a pic. Thanks and sorry for the silly question, I just wanted to be sure.
(the second pic is what the lighting looks like. the right seat is scooted back so that’s why it looks uneven :) )

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First, that little LED on the plug won't draw enough power to be an issue. Second, my understanding is the outlet depowers about 30 to 45 minutes after ignition off. Check it out: Leave them on, walk away and check periodically, should power off.

OP
OP

GodzillaGurl

Outer Banks
First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, that little LED on the plug won't draw enough power to be an issue. Second, my understanding is the outlet depowers about 30 to 45 minutes after ignition off. Check it out: Leave them on, walk away and check periodically, should power off.
Got it! Will do. Thanks so much.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

yup... I'm with @dgorsett , if its anything like the back outlet (which I think it is) it shuts off after a while... probably closer to the 45 min mark, but am not completely sure...

OP
OP

GodzillaGurl

Outer Banks
First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yup... I'm with @dgorsett , if its anything like the back outlet (which I think it is) it shuts off after a while... probably closer to the 45 min mark, but am not completely sure...
Awesome! So do y’all think I should turn the lights off via remote too, or it will shut off altogether after 45 mins? And is there any way to change that duration? Sorry to bug about it so much.

Sponsored

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have my dash camera powered thru that outlet, and it does indeed power down about 45 mins after I turn off the engine.

OP
OP

GodzillaGurl

Outer Banks
First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have my dash camera powered thru that outlet, and it does indeed power down about 45 mins after I turn off the engine.
Perfect!! Understood👍🏻

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sure hope the others are wrong and it stays on, even when powered down.

OP
OP

GodzillaGurl

Outer Banks
First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wouldn’t that drain though? I feel like it’s good that they turn off haha. And then hopefully come back on whenever you start the vehicle.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What @dgorsett said.

Your battery would run that tiny LED power indicator light for WEEKS (if not MONTHS) before it drained to the point of not having enough power to start your truck.

However, if that LED power indicator LED tickles your OCD (it would me) - try ol’ Doc Figmo’s patented cure for this: put a small piece of black tape over the top of it.

Problem = Solved

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wouldn’t that drain though? I feel like it’s good that they turn off haha. And then hopefully come back on whenever you start the vehicle.
Yes it would, but it's nice to have one outlet that always on, for things like phone charging.

OP
OP

GodzillaGurl

Outer Banks
First Name
Maddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes it would, but it's nice to have one outlet that always on, for things like phone charging.
I guess that’s true, but I don’t know if I’d do that and risk jumping off my car every once in a while

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoiler, they aren't wrong.

I think it can be set to longer with Forscan though. I added a second plug on the driver side that's always hot.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spoiler, they aren't wrong.

I think it can be set to longer with Forscan though. I added a second plug on the driver side that's always hot.
Do you have a post on how to do that? My F150s cig lighter is always hot, sure miss that on the rest of my more recent vehicles.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a post on how to do that? My F150s cig lighter is always hot, sure miss that on the rest of my more recent vehicles.
I don't remember documenting it, I just bought a weatherproof socket off Amazon and ran wires and a fuse and hole sawed though the plastic. Just pick your location well so nothing behind interferes.
Sponsored