First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Calm down. I am sorry that different opinions upset you but you need to be more tolerant of other peoples views that are not the same as yours ;). The blatant and obvious fact is that EV is being pushed heavily by special interest groups that have something to gain by developing a new market share. Quite frequently an honest discussion about the practicality and realistic application of EV is being marginalized by your type of rhetoric.

EV's are a bad idea except in very specific coastal urban applications. Most Americans have absolutely zero use for an overpriced EV that has a finite and expensive shelf life. EV's are a fun idea and cool tech but the facts are not in support.

https://coloradosun.com/2022/07/26/electric-vehicles-climate-change-cities-charging-opinion/

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/electric-vehicles-trading-one-form-hazardous-mining-another
And gas and oil companies dont push their interests lol? I owned a Mach-e while waiting for my bronco and loved it. Would love an EV bronco. charging Network needs work for sure but once that is solved not a lot of reasons to stay gas.
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree, didn't like the front but side and rear weren't too bad. These aero fronts on EVs are awful.
Those Rivians, how could anyone approve the design of that front end? Awful. Maybe they were doubling up the inspiring Ford Edsel design that was such a hit?
Ford Bronco e-Bronco - Thoughts? 1667388466375

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see EV’S weathered Hurricane IAN well, so hopefully Ford will put the batteries on a built in roof rack. (y)

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be a dream for a electric swap out in the bronco. Long as they don’t make it look stupid like every other ev. The torque and control would be amazing.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see EV’S weathered Hurricane IAN well, so hopefully Ford will put the batteries on a built in roof rack. (y)
Would be a dream for a electric swap out in the bronco. Long as they don’t make it look stupid like every other ev. The torque and control would be amazing.
The Ford Lightning looks like a F-150. Wranglers look the same except for some subtle blue deco. The Cadillac lyric looks pretty damn good. The Taycan looks great. I’d argue there are fewer weird futuristic ones than good looking or normal looking ones.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
since an EV Bronco won’t have a manual transmission, I’ll pass. I’d take an EV as a 3rd car but for me a proper Bronco is a 2 door manual. After that, I need a fast fun car….also with a manual. Then I might start looking at an EV. I had a Camry hybrid company car for a couple of years and it was extremely comfortable, got 44 mpg, had good tech, but was BORING.

EVs are boring… no gears, no exhaust, no sound, minimal gauges.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

since an EV Bronco won’t have a manual transmission, I’ll pass. I’d take an EV as a 3rd car but for me a proper Bronco is a 2 door manual. After that, I need a fast fun car….also with a manual. Then I might start looking at an EV. I had a Camry hybrid company car for a couple of years and it was extremely comfortable, got 44 mpg, had good tech, but was BORING.

EVs are boring… no gears, no exhaust, no sound, minimal gauges.
My Lightning goes 0-60 in sub four seconds, and I can smoke 97% of cars on the road off the line. And it's loaded with tech.

There are many words I'd use to describe it. "Boring" isn't one of them, but you do you.

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be ordering the e-Bronco literally the moment it is first available to order. I tend to think that will be in late 2024 for a 2025 delivery.

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be 100% in for an EV Bronco! Could you imagine the Bronco with that type of acceleration on the streets and torque control on the trails?

Granted, you’ll have some limitations on range on the trails but don’t we all have some limitations lol

My only concern would be the overall weight of an EV Bronco (looking at you, EV Hummer). I’m not trying to maul nature while enjoying it!

Today’s EVs may not be the environmental saver we need but that’s not to say that the tech and energy supply chain can’t evolve to get there! It would be a good way to entice new investments into EV (read: bring more people into the EV market)

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not too much of a fan of electric but if it makes the Bronco more affordable to drive, I'd possibly in...... But not for 100K, which it will probably cost- with or without ADM, demand, etc. If I could get one for 40K I would think about. Anything more than that no way.
Sponsored