Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just seen mike Levine tweeted the all new electric ford lighting will be shown may 19 I beleave. Wonder how much that thing will cost the lighting was awsome

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ive accepted this to be my last gas powered vehicle. Times are a changing so go with the flow, brothers and sisters.
I’ve seen that exact same post made since the 1990s on the internet. EV owners have a 25% chance of switching back to gas powered vehicles which is better than I would have thought but seems to hint they’re not for everyone.

Non-Tesla EVs also have very low take rates, and even Tesla sales have faultered over the past 2 years, if you want this to be your last gas vehicle so be it, but it seems like we have plateaued demand for them. People that want them seem steadfast in their desire but a huge number of people have no desire or reason to switch it seems.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see an electric in our household future. But not really wanting to cross that bridge until we can move to solar with a in house battery. I am also not in a rush it waiting for Tesla solar roof and power wall to bring down the price further.

I dont see the benefit of going electric until I can generate my own electricity and power our house a good bit first. This would be a commute car and the problem is still vacation trips...

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They may not have a choice since by the time they get around to actually delivering Broncos , gasoline will be extinct.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh boy! Another new model!
How about getting the models Ford showed last July up and running.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They don't just stop future development while they launch a vehicle.
I would really like to see some hardtop development.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve seen that exact same post made since the 1990s on the internet. EV owners have a 25% chance of switching back to gas powered vehicles which is better than I would have thought but seems to hint they’re not for everyone.

Non-Tesla EVs also have very low take rates, and even Tesla sales have faultered over the past 2 years, if you want this to be your last gas vehicle so be it, but it seems like we have plateaued demand for them. People that want them seem steadfast in their desire but a huge number of people have no desire or reason to switch it seems.
Tesla sales have faltered over the past 2 years ?

Ford Bronco Electric Bronco EV hinted by CEO Farley 1620673613886

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Non-Tesla EVs thus far have mostly been ugly small econoboxes (mainly Bolt, Leaf) and/or lease pushed (Leaf), and once those cheap leases went away, there went the sales. The new Mustang Mach E is doing pretty well sales wise thus far. It'll be interesting to see how well it maintains that.

Regarding EVs overall, there's definitely a few factors regarding EV adoption (and I don't mean them as criticisms of anyone, as I do them too, just pointing out factors):

• "What if" mentality/range anxiety - Americans tend to buy for "what if" rather than "need" - "what if I take that trip to 3 states over? I won't have the 300+ range", when 99% of your driving is under 60 miles a day.
  • "Fill up mentality" - people are used to a less than 5 minute fillup on the go when needed. With an at home charger, you'd be "filling up" nightly and have a full "tank" every morning, theoretically eliminating the need for a fill up while out, unless on a road trip, which reverts to point #1. On a road trip, folks don't want to wait 30-40 minutes to get more charge if they could just fuel up an ICE in under 5 minutes.
  • Infrastructure - this applies on both a macro and micro level. On the macro level, where is the power coming from? They want to make coal, natural gas, nuclear all illegal and instead have the rainbows and unicorns of solar and wind exclusively. Also the power grid itself, can it handle all the chargers? On the micro level - houses could have chargers installed fairly easily, but many people live in condo buildings or apartments that aren't set up for that. Before EVs can become mainstream, folks will have to be able to charge them.
  • Powers that be in CA and DC and whatnot want to push everyone into EVs.
  • "the wake up" - I guarantee you in a few years, all the greenies that pushed heavily for EVs will "suddenly" realize how bad the strip mining to get battery materials is for the environment, and will want to change things again.
Long term, I'm sure the EV tech will get close to where ICE is in regards to range, charging times, etc. I know solid state batteries are supposed to be a lot better and supposedly not far off (I won't pretend to know how they work). But I still don't think - especially in a country the size of the US - that EVs work for everyone, and regulation to ban ICEs is absurd.
Shorter term, I think hybrids, and more so plug in hybrids, represent a fantastic middle ground for those with some or all of the concerns listed above - you get benefits of EVs (using less gas, fewer emissions because of that, fewer fill ups, etc), without things like range anxiety or concern of fill up times.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can’t even build the ones they have orders for and they keep trying to up the ante. Bravo Ford!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non-Tesla EVs thus far have mostly been ugly small econoboxes (mainly Bolt, Leaf) and/or lease pushed (Leaf), and once those cheap leases went away, there went the sales. The new Mustang Mach E is doing pretty well sales wise thus far. It'll be interesting to see how well it maintains that.

Regarding EVs overall, there's definitely a few factors regarding EV adoption (and I don't mean them as criticisms of anyone, as I do them too, just pointing out factors):

• "What if" mentality/range anxiety - Americans tend to buy for "what if" rather than "need" - "what if I take that trip to 3 states over? I won't have the 300+ range", when 99% of your driving is under 60 miles a day.
  • "Fill up mentality" - people are used to a less than 5 minute fillup on the go when needed. With an at home charger, you'd be "filling up" nightly and have a full "tank" every morning, theoretically eliminating the need for a fill up while out, unless on a road trip, which reverts to point #1. On a road trip, folks don't want to wait 30-40 minutes to get more charge if they could just fuel up an ICE in under 5 minutes.
  • Infrastructure - this applies on both a macro and micro level. On the macro level, where is the power coming from? They want to make coal, natural gas, nuclear all illegal and instead have the rainbows and unicorns of solar and wind exclusively. Also the power grid itself, can it handle all the chargers? On the micro level - houses could have chargers installed fairly easily, but many people live in condo buildings or apartments that aren't set up for that. Before EVs can become mainstream, folks will have to be able to charge them.
  • Powers that be in CA and DC and whatnot want to push everyone into EVs.
  • "the wake up" - I guarantee you in a few years, all the greenies that pushed heavily for EVs will "suddenly" realize how bad the strip mining to get battery materials is for the environment, and will want to change things again.
Long term, I'm sure the EV tech will get close to where ICE is in regards to range, charging times, etc. I know solid state batteries are supposed to be a lot better and supposedly not far off (I won't pretend to know how they work). But I still don't think - especially in a country the size of the US - that EVs work for everyone, and regulation to ban ICEs is absurd.
Shorter term, I think hybrids, and more so plug in hybrids, represent a fantastic middle ground for those with some or all of the concerns listed above - you get benefits of EVs (using less gas, fewer emissions because of that, fewer fill ups, etc), without things like range anxiety or concern of fill up times.
Im sure with time they get better, personally for me if a V8 is unavailable I would rather go EV than 4/6 cylinder. I hope EVs can one day close the gap, leave us the better ICE vehicles while taking up the slack and replacing the less desirable powertrains.

Then again I would also prefer if all my electricity was being produced from coal/nuclear, at least then I would feel confident on the supply.
Sponsored