First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks...you are correct there wasn't much (any) questioning. Took 3 drop-offs, but finally got resolved.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm pretty active on fusion boards and haven't seen one, but you never know. VIN sent.
Honestly, its not that hard. More than likely its an inexperienced or lazy tech that cant find an issue. They should give you a loaner, try two days to replicate it. It should log the error. In OX1's case, it could be something as simple as a brake switch not reading to allow for a gear change, all the way up to internal binding in the transmission. Without getting my hands on it, I couldn't tell you.
Brake switch is fine. I thought of that too, but I also have "live data" available on my scanner and it shows brake switch on/off OK.
These are the codes I got. http://luxjo.supermotors.net/FUSION SPORT/WARANTEE REPAIR/SHIFTER/20191001_075726.jpg
Oddly, my 14 Mustang GT auto does not require pressing brake to start.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, got it thanks. Sent another reply just a minute ago.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FWIW, I certainly prefer the throttle-by-wire in my Mustang to the cable throttle in my older cars. The cable throttles are more like an on-off switch whereas the throttle by wire allows for more progressive throttle application... much better for any sort of enthusiast application, ESPECIALLY manual transmissions. The "throttle lag" that (seemingly only boomers) complain about is hardly noticeable, and if no one had ever mentioned anything about it, wouldn't change the driving experience whatsoever. You have to actually be thinking about it to notice it

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FWIW, I certainly prefer the throttle-by-wire in my Mustang to the cable throttle in my older cars. The cable throttles are more like an on-off switch whereas the throttle by wire allows for more progressive throttle application... much better for any sort of enthusiast application, ESPECIALLY manual transmissions. The "throttle lag" that (seemingly only boomers) complain about is hardly noticeable, and if no one had ever mentioned anything about it, wouldn't change the driving experience whatsoever. You have to actually be thinking about it to notice it
Now throttle response is a BAD thing, LOL!!
Probably like long travel brakes and turbo lag too I guess.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now throttle response is a BAD thing, LOL!!
Probably like long travel brakes and turbo lag too I guess.
Hey now, don't you diss turbo lag like that! Lol

I just bought an older turbo car just because turbo lag is a fun experience. Sure, it's less than ideal for a track car, but it can be a hell of a lot of fun on the streets!

But really, like I said, all my cable throttle cars are more like an on-off switch. There's TOO much throttle response, which certainly IS a bad thing. The last thing you want mid-turn at 1.2G is to try to apply a touch of throttle and end up swinging out the ass end because you damn near floored it. Hell, even on a day-to-day basis, i have times where I'm trying to balance the throttle going into 1st on a bumpy road and end up having to keep applying and letting off the gas to try and get it to balance in the right range. With my Mustang, I just hold the gas where I need it and go, because I'm able to be much more precise. A more progressive throttle response is to be desired

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey now, don't you diss turbo lag like that! Lol

I just bought an older turbo car just because turbo lag is a fun experience. Sure, it's less than ideal for a track car, but it can be a hell of a lot of fun on the streets!

But really, like I said, all my cable throttle cars are more like an on-off switch. There's TOO much throttle response, which certainly IS a bad thing. The last thing you want mid-turn at 1.2G is to try to apply a touch of throttle and end up swinging out the ass end because you damn near floored it. Hell, even on a day-to-day basis, i have times where I'm trying to balance the throttle going into 1st on a bumpy road and end up having to keep applying and letting off the gas to try and get it to balance in the right range. With my Mustang, I just hold the gas where I need it and go, because I'm able to be much more precise. A more progressive throttle response is to be desired
An electric car on a road course is going to be nightmare for you I guess.
You can make a cable throttle more "progressive" by mechincally changing it, very slightly.

Getting back on topic, you want super quick throttle response offroad, so when you
get the front airbrone on really steep hills, you can bang reverse and hit the gas hard.
Every split second delay is a possible roll.

The real question is will you be able to bang reverse while moving forward without
scrolling through 10 screens of useless garbage and electronically signing a digital
consent form right before you do it (each time of course)..............

OP
OP
Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
You have all the answers , but basically no answers, typical Car Salesman Lingo (although I do appreciate you helping others on this forum with their electronic nightmare problems even though you insist such things don't exist)

For example; Antilock Braking System should be configured for disablement when off road. - It is. It's called 4L

*Sigh, what good is disabling ABS in 4 Low??? We want the option to disable ABS as driving conditions dictate in any range.

Ford, depending on the vehicle, has several. Sport, Trail, Slippery, Snow/Sand, Mud Rut, Trailer Tow and Eco - each one of these has a different strategy for the TC, Steering, Throttle and 4x4 system where applicable.

*Sigh, here's a different strategy; why don't you let me; the driver use my own strategy? Geez, you guys take all the fun out of driving.

Auto Start/Stop Function - no one wants this - option to disable - Not happening,

Jeep JL's do it, Ford can't?

Ahhh...I could go on, but why? Your in the business to sell cars, I just want a good off-roader.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep JL's do it, Ford can't?
Both Ford and Jeep allow the user to disable this function each key on, Jeep, as far as I know does not stay "off". For obvious reasons this would effect the EPA standard that they both HAVE to meet to sell cars.

Both Ford and Jeep have affordable aftermarket options which will permanently disable this. This is a non-issue, and certainly not an advantage for the JL.

OP
OP
Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
All you guys talking about "throttle response" and now "turbo lag" have shown yourselves completely clueless when it comes to Wheeling. Sure they are to be preferred for a street machine or even for off-road Baja style driving. But no serious off-roader bumping through the rocks while trying to save the sheet metal or freeing yourself from a mud hole or deep snow by rocking wants this. For us; a cable throttle and a super charger is preferable.

If people like yourselves are designing the new Bronco; it might compete with JL's and the soccer mom crowd, but as a serious off-road machine; without seeing it first hand, I'm having doubts I'll be interested.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All you guys talking about "throttle response" and now "turbo lag" have shown yourselves completely clueless when it comes to Wheeling. Sure they are to be preferred for a street machine or even for off-road Baja style driving. But no serious off-roader bumping through the rocks while trying to save the sheet metal or freeing yourself from a mud hole or deep snow by rocking wants this. For us; a cable throttle and a super charger is preferable.

If people like yourselves are designing the new Bronco; it might compete with JL's and the soccer mom crowd, but as a serious off-road machine; without seeing it first hand, I'm having doubts I'll be interested.
You're still here?

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You sure have come into this forum with an ego and a chip on your shoulder the last few days. Sounds like no matter what we say or no matter what Ford does with the Bronco, you're going to be negative and upset. I'm glad I'm not a miserable person like you seem to be.
Sponsored