Sponsored

Enough Broncos are being delivered that we're seeing them on the road occasionally

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most of the Broncos on the roads and on dealer lots are dealer mannequins. Ford can't (or won't) build Broncos reserved and ordered over a year ago by customers, but dealers get plenty to display....but not sell. I got tired of waiting of waiting on my Day reservation/Day 2 order build, started checking dealerships all over the nation for one in stock.

There are NUMEROUS stealerships out there with my exact build advertised on their website, EVERY SINGLE ONE I contacted about it said "oh, sorry, we can't sell that, it's a display/courtesy vehicle".
So, Ford will build Broncos for stealerships to display, so they can generate more orders - for Broncos they can't or won't build. But for customer who reserved and ordered over a year ago, and STILL waiting....no, they won't sell it.
Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw my first two as far back as Labor Day, both in Ocean City, MD. Since then, I’ve seen 4 or 5 on the road. All had been 4 doors. Koons Ford in Baltimore area had about 6 on the lot, I think 4 slightly used ones for sale all about $10k over MSRP. I saw my first 2 Door about 30 minutes ago 5 minutes from my house in Frederick.
EECAF7F7-9A15-42EA-81D5-F689C1E2F41B.jpeg
That’s interesting! A BD with the upgraded wheels sporting KO2s.
Owner must have changed them?

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been seeing quite a few. Surprisingly most have been the darker red. Went to the ford dealer to get an appraisal on my maverick. They had an Area 51 big bend on the showroom floor. I wasn’t really impressed. But it didn’t have the Sasquatch package. So it was kinda lame.

BroncoInMD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s interesting! A BD with the upgraded wheels sporting KO2s.
Owner must have changed them?
I waited for about 5 minutes to see if whoever owned it would come out, unfortunately they didn’t. The first thing my wife said is we need to get these tires when we get ours. Lol

BroncoInMD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, mine looks a lot like your dealer's mannequin, except it's an OBX with painted mirror caps and door handles.

I'm in Howard County near Elkridge, not far from Rt. 1 and I-95. Give me a holler if you're ever out this way in your new rig.
I grew up in Ellicott City and then lived in Elkridge for 10 years before moving to Frederick.

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I waited for about 5 minutes to see if whoever owned it would come out, unfortunately they didn’t. The first thing my wife said is we need to get these tires when we get ours. Lol
Did you notice the size? Did they go to the 285 on the stock wheels?

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw a decently built 4 door parked in Fairborn, OH... snapped a few pics, but didn't see the owner... mine is still the only 2 door that I've seen around that isn't a dealer demo.

20211210_142639.jpg

20211210_144454.jpg

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove Mississippi to Vermont in my badlands last week and saw I think 5 along the way. 2 were in Vermont so that was cool.

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was one that was going to stick it out regardless of how long. I love the Bronco.. 2.7 is a bit of a gas guzzler at 17.4 but Im that happy with it otherwise that Ill overlook it. All of us have different styles and likes. I don't care about flashy, for me it was the feel of the ride. I got a BD with steelies. No need for lift for camping. So fun to drive on and off road. Handles snow without a problem.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw one recently parked. Underwhelming. Glad I’m out of the queue.

I’m still potentially interested in a mid-cycle refresh, but will seriously compare with the next gen 4Runner.
my neighbor has a 4 door carbonized gray OBX and I agree, kind of underwhelming in person. Like wrangler, Bronco needs a lift and 35s or 37s for proper stance. I still want a 2DR Basemansquatch because topless manual 4x4 but that’s it.

Sponsored

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was one that was going to stick it out regardless of how long. I love the Bronco.. 2.7 is a bit of a gas guzzler at 17.4 but Im that happy with it otherwise that Ill overlook it. All of us have different styles and likes. I don't care about flashy, for me it was the feel of the ride. I got a BD with steelies. No need for lift for camping. So fun to drive on and off road. Handles snow without a problem.
Whoops… that being said… ive only seen three up here in Southern Maine.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We did Rausch. It was fun but I'd like to do something a tad less rocky next
Yeah I'm not really into doing rocky terrain. Hard to find anything without. I have heard that the greens at AOAA are actually even more rocky than the greens at Rausch.

I'd love to have access to something like this close by.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s to all Bronco 6g forum people about to get your Bronco. There’s still time to enjoy that unicorn status! Happy New Year!
I live in southeast Michigan, and can't leave the house without running into at least one full-size bronco these days (and practically tripping over sport models everywhere I go). Unicorn status is long gone around here and as an empty handed first month reservation holder it's getting pretty old...

Bmancpa

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cadillac Allante, 2015 Mercedes C400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Southeast Michigan here too, and concur with edernest’s assessment! Been subject to seeing this Bronco outside my office window for 2 months (first pic) - just teasing me! Finally got ours Thursday (second pic). So much more enjoyable seeing it in your own driveway!

My advice to those that want to give up - don’t! The wife and I have to draw straws over who gets to drive it! Just a great feel. However, if you have to give it up for any reason - make a deal with the dealer, or find a way to buy it. Our dealer said they had 2 Broncos come in with ours that were both canceled. They sold both within 24 hours for 10k over msrp.

mail.jpeg

83543020-2173-4A42-A5FC-63122832FE3B.jpeg

Yogadog

Badlands
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG E63s wagon, Jeep Cherokee, LR Defender, 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unicorns will still be recognized for what they are as the herd of Broncos grows. Perhaps to the non-enthusiasts, they will just blend in with the rest. But for enthusiasts and collectors, the unicorns will still stand out from the herd and be admired. I don't want to turn my post into another Bronco vs Chonco thread. But among the herd of Moar Door Softies, the 2-dr will stand out especially those with Rapid Red or AMB.
…but you did… “moar door softies”. Everyone has different wants and needs, which is why we have choices. It’s weird that some of the 2 door peeps need to feel superior and are kind of rude about it. Oh well. Just weird.
Sponsored