Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roughly:
  1. Place a reservation through Ford; pay $100 deposit.
  2. At the same time, choose a Ford dealer (best to do some looking/asking around on pricing).
  3. Build your Bronco on the build & price.
  4. Print/save the link to your build to take/send to your dealer.
  5. Discuss purchase price of the Bronco with your dealer (why it helps to look around).
  6. Work with dealer to convert the reservation to an order.
  7. Request a DORA printout, signed by dealer and you with price/signed purchase agreement.
  8. If required by dealer, pay additional deposit upon order.
  9. Wait.
  10. Wait some more.
  11. You're not done waiting yet.
  12. Receive a build week through Ford.
  13. Receive a build date through Ford.
  14. Receive a virtual window sticker through Ford (2-3 weeks?) out from the build date.
  15. Receive a "blend date" through Ford.
  16. Bronco is built.
  17. Bronco will be shipped to your dealer.
  18. Dealer will inspect and prepare Bronco for delivery to you.
  19. Go to dealer to pick up Bronco.
  20. Complete purchase agreement, financing, etc. with dealer.
  21. Take Bronco home.
Thanks. this is what I was looking for. Have contacted them and asked "don't you need to know color, options, etc" to place an order? Waiting to hear back.
Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. this is what I was looking for. Have contacted them and asked "don't you need to know color, options, etc" to place an order? Waiting to hear back.
The dealer wants to convert the reservation to order ASAP. DO NOT LET THEM DO THAT UNTIL YOU HAVE NEGOTIATED FINAL PURCHASE PRICE.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. Will be checking back with him in the morning. I did find them on a spreadsheet here about no ADM. Awesome Ford in Chehalis, WA.
That was a great and complete explanation of the process.

However I read that you want to wait until 2022-23 to get it because you want to pay-off your current vehicle first. Therefore I will recommend to convert the order to status 99.

That way your build will be on hold until you want it to be build and you will keep your place in the line (time-stamp).

If not, depending of the options you choose for your build, you could get your Bronco before you want it.

Good luck!!

OP
OP
Arrmjr

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer wants to convert the reservation to order ASAP. DO NOT LET THEM DO THAT UNTIL YOU HAVE NEGOTIATED FINAL PURCHASE PRICE.
[/QU
Thanks.

OP
OP
Arrmjr

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a great and complete explanation of the process.

However I read that you want to wait until 2022-23 to get it because you want to pay-off your current vehicle first. Therefore I will recommend to convert the order to status 99.

That way your build will be on hold until you want it to be build and you will keep your place in the line (time-stamp).

If not, depending of the options you choose for your build, you could get your Bronco before you want it.

Good luck!!
Thanks. I had seen "status 99" but didn't know what it was, or looked it up yet.

Sponsored

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A customer can place a reservation now with Ford, have the reservation assigned to a dealership, and discuss with the dealership. But for an MY22 order, I think those cannot be placed with Ford until the MY22 order banks open (maybe around Oct)?
First off thanks for this thread as I just put in my reservation about a week ago and there is some great explanation here. Like the OP I'm in no rush. It doesn't seem like my dealer is either since they haven't reached out to me.

I do have a couple questions to piggyback on this thread, since I will for sure be MY22 should I just wait until fall to get with my dealer and pick options? My dad is a Ford retiree so I want to make sure they honor A/Z plan, if my initial dealer won't can I switch with the same reservation?

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m kinda in same boat and late bloomer. So far I reserved my badlands, 4 door, 2.7, orange, hard top, sas, high package on 7/26. Was kinda surprised and got a call about 5 minutes from dealer after submitting my reservation through Ford. Went in to discuss build, he printed it out with price. Pretty much just did same thing I would do at home on build site. Then said manager would place order based off print out. Manager was out sick so suppose to get order in this week or by early next week. That’s where I am at now. Dealer went over process of how it works after order submitted in Ford computer system. Said orders are chosen at random based on build specs from pool. Then I get confirmation on build date and then after it’s built it’s shipped on train where they track like UPS. Then picked up on semi at loading yard. Then delivered to dealer and inspected. That’s all I know. Fill in blanks if I left something out. He also mentioned reservation just puts your name in hat. Doesn’t guarantee you will be first in line and said I may be getting a 22 depending on if my build is not available or delayed.
Sponsored

Last edited: