Sponsored

Entry keypad - wireless? adhered with double sided tape?

achris44

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17LC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered the entry keypad on my FE because of the convenience, even though visually it is awful. Looking in the Ford Accessory catalog today, I see it can be ordered and added by the end user - and that it is "no drill" install. Does anyone know if the factory one would also be "no drill' and just stuck on with double sided tape and therefore could be removed? I was thinking I would remove and adhere it somewhere else less conspicuous and use sort of like a hide-a-key.....
Ford Bronco Entry keypad - wireless? adhered with double sided tape? Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.30.01 PM
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want this but specifically didn't order it with the truck. I'll put it behind the spare tire on tailgate. Ford even mentions putting there when you look at it in the accessories catalog.

Some people used a few measurements and determined that it appears to be too big to fit inside of the fuel filler door.

OP
OP

achris44

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17LC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the replies; I will email tomorrow and have removed from my build, then order with some of those FordPass dollars. Worse case if I am too far along to cancel/change it, I suppose I can likely gently remove it upon arrival.

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the keypad with my initial order in March.
When the accessory catalog came out in April, I saw the wireless accessory keypad was less money and I thought the same thing. Iā€™ll call my dealer and have it removed.
No luck! Apparently I was committedā€¦
I asked him if it was the ā€œstick onā€ keypad that I could move.
He looked into it and told me that it was hardwired into the vehicleā€¦
I hope he is wrong because as much as I like the convenience, I think the placement looks terrible.
Luckily, Iā€™ll have the doors off most of the time!šŸ˜œ

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ordered the entry keypad on my FE because of the convenience, even though visually it is awful. Looking in the Ford Accessory catalog today, I see it can be ordered and added by the end user - and that it is "no drill" install. Does anyone know if the factory one would also be "no drill' and just stuck on with double sided tape and therefore could be removed? I was thinking I would remove and adhere it somewhere else less conspicuous and use sort of like a hide-a-key.....
Ford Bronco Entry keypad - wireless? adhered with double sided tape? Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.30.01 PM
I removed it from my order and plan to add one later somewhere other than the middle of my Cyber Orange door like back by the tailgate or something.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the accessory catalog came out in April, I saw the wireless accessory keypad was less money and I thought the same thing. Iā€™ll call my dealer and have it removed.
I hope he is wrong because as much as I like the convenience, I think the placement looks terrible.
There is not a hole in the door, it's not hardwired.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

He is very wrong.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you are right!
How do you know for sure?
I used to work for a company and we made the prototype doors and they didn't have a hole where the keypad is mounted.

Sponsored

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to work for a company and we made the prototype doors and they didn't have a hole where the keypad is mounted.
Well Iā€™m very happy to hear that!
A hair dryer and 5 minutes and Iā€™ll have it moved to the B pillar where it belongs!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well Iā€™m very happy to hear that!
A hair dryer and 5 minutes and Iā€™ll have it moved to the B pillar where it belongs!
Yeah, your dealer was just lying to you because he was too lazy to change your order. Shocker, I know.

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, your dealer was just lying to you because he was too lazy to change your order. Shocker, I know.
You may be right!
(But apparently there are a whole different set of rules for those of us North of the border (and absolutely NO communication from Ford of Canada))
šŸ»

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Raptor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope you are right!
How do you know for sure?
He's right. It's wireless, stick-on crap. Nothing like what's built into the pillars for the F-series trucks. Some guys are removing them and painting to match. Others are moving them elsewhere on the Horse. It's modicum of convenience only slightly outweighs the cheap construction and sticky tape...

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He's right. It's wireless, stick-on crap. Nothing like what's build into the pillars for the F-series trucks. Some guys are removing them and painting to match. Others are moving them elsewhere on the Horse. It's modicum of convenience only slightly outweighs the cheap construction and sticky tape...
You do realize that the body side/door moldings have been attached with tape for decades?

FWIW, itā€™s easy to relocate to under the gas cap if you donā€™t like the looks.
Sponsored