Sponsored

Ethanol Gains with Ford Performance Tune?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please no anti-ethanol comments here, make or participate in other threads on that topic.

Anyone run any ethanol or ethanol blends with the FP Tune? Anyone know for sure if it can (auto) accommodate for different octanes? Any dyno results? I googled a bit but didn't see much. I'm wondering if the forthcoming 3.0 Raptor FP tune will behave the same? I'd expect so. TIA.
Sponsored

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also interested. Running 91 octane in the bronco currently.

Run e85 in my sti and it's wicked. Can only imagine e85 and direct injection.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The factory strategy will still be able to compensate for ~E30.
I ran an E30 blend a few times while using the FP tuner and also a JB4 at the same time. It ran perfectly fine. I don’t have any numbers, but there was a small noticeable gain.

I’ve since moved onto a custom ZFG E85 tune and I’d never go back, night and day difference.
Just my personal opinion, but if you’re going to go through the hassle of mixing ethanol, I’d get a tune that will use its full potential.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From my 0-60 and 1/4 mile testing, an E30 blend will knock two-tenths off your times. That’s stock, FP Tune, and FP Tune & Pulsar XT stacked.

Squirrel13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am waiting on my 24 Wildtrak and am looking at goodies for it. The Ford Performance Tune looks tempting. I have access to ethanol free gas 90 octane and premium 91 octane. Would the tune knock on the 90?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am waiting on my 24 Wildtrak and am looking at goodies for it. The Ford Performance Tune looks tempting. I have access to ethanol free gas 90 octane and premium 91 octane. Would the tune knock on the 90?
The ECM and snti-knock sensor(s) is going to compensate for knock and advance and retard timing faster than you can read the letter "I". That is why these engines can run on anything from 86 to 94 octane and with or without up to 10% ethanol. The stock and even Ford Performance tunes still only sense knock and back down from it then advance again and back down. Rinse and repeat.

Run what you want so don't take this as anti-ethanol but beware of using any fuel with higher than 10% alcohol not just because of warranty but because fuel distemper components may ( I said may) not be designed to handle the higher alcohol content.

Last thing you want is an underwood hose bursting and e85 all over a hot manifold. Remember this: from F1: alcohol flames are invisible
Sponsored