Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sure hope to take it out on trails, sadly there's not much really close in the Bay Area as far as I know, so it'll always be a weekend trip that has to be planned around the kids schedule and other things. I will explore backroads I've never driven here in the area, music on and roof off and then hopefully get to the mountains or up north a couple times a year.
My kid is graduating high school this year, their class motto is "Adventure Awaits" and I'm just gonna take that for myself too.

One trip I hope I can do (if I get mine not too late in summer) is up to Mono lake and then over to Lone Pine, hit some side trails in that area, visit a ghost town or two.

Someday I'll drive all the way to Moab, but not this year.
Same here. If you arenā€™t already aware of them: download Gaia GPS and onX Off-road apps. Shows any publicly accessible trails nearby.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daily driver. But long snowy winters need 4x4. I also frequent unmaintained seasonal roads and mud due to my interest in hiking, camping and hunting. Having a convertible is what my midlife crisis desires. This Bronco is exactly what I want!

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like I'm the opposite of every one else. Buying this to absolutely be a badass daily driver with some light forest roads and Colorado adventuring. (I'm not taking a $50k truck on crazy trails!!!)

But I know the wheelin' bug will bite eventually.... it's been too long since brining my lifted Xterra to Rausch Creek.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do a decent amount of hunting and hiking. Most of the hunting I've done has been remote and required pretty rugged use of my Ranger to get where I wanted to go. I want to go to those places and further in my Bronco. Even considering getting a lightweight overland camper to drag along and camp in comfort every weekend I'm off. The wilderness is a calming place.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm expecting to go hit some high speed offroad trails. Then maybe kick it up to raptor events with jumps and stuff. If it can handle it then maybe I'll throw some fox 3.0s under it

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Drive on the beach, play at jaws, make it up my driveway, go the dirty way up the mountain. Probably wont go to the lighthouse though the cane grass gap is only about 6 ft wide. But maybe if I take my 96 through it first. We will try not to scratch it up for a while but that wont last very long.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatā€™s your expectation vs reality?
I'm under-selling myself on expectations. The Badlands is surely overkill for what I'm going to do. There is zero percent chance of me doing anything that has any significant risk of rollover, crunching bodywork, etc. That said, I'm not adverse to skid plates getting love scars. And I think it would be fun to haul some šŸ“ on some dirt and rutted roads on my way to exploring canyons and whatever.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EXPECTATION
Ford Bronco Expectation vs reality 1614458345876

REALITY
Ford Bronco Expectation vs reality 1614458345876
That's hurtful... And accurate

Expectation: Moab, Fins and Things, Black Bear Pass, Imogene
Reality: I-15, I-80, Downtown

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine myself overlanding through the wilderness over rocks and mud and living off the land in my Bronco.

Reality is thatā€™ll probably never happen. I will be using it on the beach a lot though.

Whatā€™s your expectation vs reality?
Yeah but why?

Why won't you be doing any adventuring? You're in NY, which is right up there with a ton of wheeling areas, camping, and skiing. I've flown into Boston and road tripped it up to Stowe, Kilington, and Shugga Bush (Sugar Bush). You can visit some cool breweries (The Alchemist), hell, even on up to Maine.

Not to mention Niagara or across the water to Canada. Just get a little gear for sleeping, water, then head out.

Don't make excuses, get after it, man! Fresh air will do you some good.
Sponsored